The Incredible Mismanagement Of Stephon Marbury

Red

TYPE-A
RED and GetRealistic I respect your opinions even when we mostly have different views because you don't try to attack someone simply because they don't agree with you.

I think this is a great site because everyone speaks so freely.

I do agree that there is some validity to both sides of the argument, and I think you see the media actually admitting that they went alittle overboard while Steph was here and showing some "love" for him now that the Knicks saga is over.

I will be a Knicks fan for life, and all I am saying is that I will also root for Steph for the rest of his career. He may not have the rings and hardware, but to ME he was important to the Knicks, me playing basketball growing up, and my interest in the NBA.

Any player that draw someone's interest is very special.

Peace dunns.

No doubt. Would you feel the same if he wasn't from Brooklyn? My thing is at the end of the day it's about winning. That's my concern and this "fued" would be different had we been winning. Now we have all discussed what the "winning" formula is and our opinions vary from PG's to Big Men etc...but I know what you "DONT" do to win...and that's sign and spend frivalous money to players who can't/don't perform as expected givin their dollar value for whatever reason. In Marbs case people blame management, team mates, even him but the bottom line is we as a "TEAM" didn't win- which means he and everyone is to blame period! MSG mentioned A-Rod and said no one likes him but on the field "it's business"- that's my point (and who I am) it's all about the business of winning a making money. Our management as well as Marbury have the making money part down...I as a fan want winning. I don't care about the media and he said she said and getting along etc... all I care about is WINNING. And we have lost so much that the focus is on everything else except the ultimate goal!

metrocard

Legend
Because I can't think of a player that has been more destructive to the franchise and how much better the Knicks would have been if Mebury/Isiah had never come to New York.

I dare you to contradict every point that was made in this article without repeating statements have been proven false.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Not as entertaining as I thought this thread could be.

Just long ass paragraphs of the same shit. One side for marbury, the other against him.

The way I see it is that marbury is like an ex-girlfriend that dick-riders and haters can't forget. The marbury dick-riders are still stuck on the girl, while the marbury haters are still talking shit about the girl. But what they don't see is that the girl (marbs) doesn't give a f*ck about you.

So move on. Wish him well and move on. Don't sit in front of your comp for hours and talk about the same shit that doesn't go anywhere.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I dare you to contradict every point that was made in this article without repeating statements have been proven false.

Everything in that article is either opinion or stats about his talent. I have never questioned his talent. I have my own opinions about Mebury and they are backed up by his actions and attitude as well as quotes from players and coaches. You have your opinions about Mebury based on stats and conjecture.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/chris_mannix/03/04/Celtics.Marbury/

Fortunately for Marbury, his attitudes toward the New York media is of no concern to the Celtics (though it is probably an accurate depiction of his personality -- there is a reason 22 percent of the NBA players who responded to an SI players' poll this week named Marbury as the player they would least like to have on their team). Boston's only concern is his ability to contribute. Which he has. Sort of.

That speaks volumes about Mebury's attitude.

metrocard

Legend
Everything in that article is either opinion or stats about his talent. I have never questioned his talent. I have my own opinions about Mebury and they are backed up by his actions and attitude as well as quotes from players and coaches. You have your opinions about Mebury based on stats and conjecture.

historical data isn't opinion.
re-read.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
historical data isn't opinion.
re-read.

Re-read my post and re-read the article. I said opinion and stats (or historical data as you call it).

Read my most recent post as well. 22% of the NBA says Mebury is the player they would LEAST like on their team. Plus, apparently only 2 Knicks called Steph to wish him luck in Boston (Curry & Harrington). He's the Terrell Owens of the NBA.

Did you see Towelhead scowling on the bench last night after he was blocked, then threw up an air-ball and Boston lost their 7-point lead when Mebury was playing?

How long will it be before Mebury pulls his same old act? How long will it be before he starts complaining that he's better than Rondo and should be getting more minutes? The Celtics are lucky he's only there for a short time because it won't take long for them to grow tired of his attitude.

KBlack25

Starter
Re-read my post and re-read the article. I said opinion and stats (or historical data as you call it).

Read my most recent post as well. 22% of the NBA says Mebury is the player they would LEAST like on their team. Plus, apparently only 2 Knicks called Steph to wish him luck in Boston (Curry & Harrington). He's the Terrell Owens of the NBA.

Did you see Towelhead scowling on the bench last night after he was blocked, then threw up an air-ball and Boston lost their 7-point lead when Mebury was playing?

How long will it be before Mebury pulls his same old act? How long will it be before he starts complaining that he's better than Rondo and should be getting more minutes? The Celtics are lucky he's only there for a short time because it won't take long for them to grow tired of his attitude.

Additionally, metro, your boy Simmons on his March 3rd podcast made fun of Stephon Marbury, joking about how he's totally useless on the team, an end of the bench player. Why didn't you quote THAT Simmons podcast?

Starks

Starter
I was speaking about the city and the metro area.....

Starks you really don't think the city cares about Marbury you are wrong...

Every kid in New York, and yes even some Jersey, wanted to be Marbury and followed him from his High School days....

They rooted for him as a T'wolf, Sun, Net, Knick and will as a Celtic...

because he was hope for all kids out there ballin' in the city --

Your speaking of "product" -- no real Knicks fan thinks of their team as a "product"

that just shows your heart is in the wrong place

The Knicks aren't a product -- they are much , much more than that

and me being from Jersey is no agruement - I am closer to the Garden than you are fool

From Marbury's Boyfriend Marc Berman himself:
"....The booing was so loud at the Meadowlands for Stephon Marbury, you could hear it at 2 Penn Plaza. It's safe to say neither the Knicks or Nets will be retiring his number "3'' - or in the Nets' case "33.''

Richtree, please tell us more about how much Marbury is loved around around here. You do realize he got booed violently everytime he touched the ball. All 15 of his mega minutes of play.

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
Marbury is gone. He never did much for New York. Not doubting his talent, one of the best combo guards ive seen. His attitude was poor and he refused to play. Thats low.

jimmymootz

Rookie
over it

thanks for the post metro. def some good point in that article. BUt Marbury didnt get a bum deal in NY, he brings 85% of the problems on himself with his bad attitude. He has always been sefish and self righteous, he just never "got it" up until this point.
Now im hoping that the next great CI phenom Lance Stephenson doesnt have the same problem. All signs pointing to him part of St Johns next year. Gonna be great to have a instant impact player but hope he can be a team guy. From what i hear and saw in Gunnin for that #1 spot looks like he has been pampered.
Damn this post should go in the NBA thread....kinda going off on a tangent.

Akamu

The King
Metro once again on top with the great find, it's nice to have everything broken down and settled in one spot. We both have major pro-marbury threads, and combined are enough hits for the occasional haterbury ko.

Some that I converse with that have the slightest clue on basketball think Marbury is an idiot and an a-hole purely based on media-prop.

Sickening-

KBlack25

Starter
It's not his fault right? He doesn't have any talent around him. lol

I'm sure I'll get yelled at by Team Starbury with a slew of excuses...

"Ray Allen and Paul Pierce played poorly, how is Steph supposed to win?"

"He's rusty even though every thing I talk about is how he stayed in playing shape"

"Generic excuse"

Excuses are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink.