The Incredible Mismanagement Of Stephon Marbury

metrocard

Legend
He'll get it together, which won't be no surprise to you or me nor I won't come up blowing the site up with a Marbury rave.

KBlack25

Starter
He'll get it together, which won't be no surprise to you or me nor I won't come up blowing the site up with a Marbury rave.

It won't be no surprise? That means it will be a surprise...

I believe what you were trying to say is:

"...which will be of no surprise to me or you nor will I come to the site blowing it up with a Marbury rave."

What happened to the education system in this country?

TunerAddict

Starter

"...which will be of no surprise to me or you nor will I come to the site blowing it up with a Marbury rave."

I smoke weed all day...

Shit...All I do is smoke weed.

metrocard

Legend

They f*cked your mom.

King Ewing

Banned
Metro, your a good poster, a good guy, but we need to move past this no matter what. If you want to talk about Steph, go to a Celtics forum. This is NBA section now.... Lets move past this and look to the future

Seriously man, Stop with the Marbury threads. Metrocard go be a Celtics fan, it would make us all happier.

Seriously......

JimmyBX

Rookie
Yes they can respond to this.

Look, I hear you that Steph was mismanaged, and if it was just the mismanagement that bothered me about Steph, you'd have a point. But the fact of the matter is, this guy refused to play for the team, for this city. Reports are coming out now that Steph, by his own sources (read: not Donnie Walsh or Mike D'Antoni), asked for permission to speak with Boston BEFORE TRAINING CAMP when he was due, as Starbury lovers will say, a "clean slate" (though, it should be noted Mike D'Antoni NEVER said that).

Not to mention, when this team was short-handed, Steph refused to play, or at least said he "wouldn't feel comfortable" playing. Now, talk all you want about how Marbury was entitled to this after being "wronged" by Mike D'Antoni. Up until that second where he refused to play I probably would agree with you. As a life-long Knicks fan, I was insulted that he refused to put on this jersey. I understand he didn't want to play for Mike, but for a guy that's so about the fans, I felt wronged and duped by Stephon's refusal. I think it's a very selfish way for a ballplayer to look at it.

I bought Steph's jersey. I bought Steph's paraphanlia. I cheered Steph's arrival, and cheered Steph before he got here. I spent my hard earned money to go sit in Madison Square Garden and watch Stephon Marbury play. And what'd he give back in return, for all the money we as fans put into this team, and all the time we spent on boards just like this one to discuss being Knicks fans, what'd Steph do in return?

He refused to play. He argued with almost all of his coaches. He sat out and held this team hostage until they paid him almost all of the $20 million he "earned". There are people starving in this world, there are people who don't have a lot of money and a lot of those people STILL go out and by Stephon Marbury goods, putting money in his already fat pockets. And all the "respect" he had for us New Yorkers was refusal to play. That, I can not accept.

what a buffoon you. Years later, I hope you're still not the same ignorant STUPID NEW ERA KNICK fan I used to slap around when you fools used to talk trash about Marbury

jzero29

Rotation player
No doubt he's a head case, no doubt he folded under new york pressure...but his coach GM was a moron...Isiah makes a huge deal for him, Knowing he's talented and needs the ball, then takes the ball from him, while promoting a back up shooting guard, like jamaal crawford as #1 option, then media blamming Marbury for their performance.
Marbury never had a chance to be marbury under Isiah. By the time he was free of him, he was older, more crazy and already hated in NY...he needed out.
Don't get me wrong, he's was no angel...was not my favorite player. I am not a huge fan...But i do realize and had realized on that team he was the best player and his coach, ran the offense through mediocre combo guard J.Crawford. who as a number 1 option I despised and always stated it. I used to say he's a good back up, maybe 3rd option...which if you look at his successful years...Crawford spent coming off the bench as a great 6th man. playing 3rd option to two proven scorers.
Meanwhile Isiah had marbury and didn't use him right...didn't play him to his strengths. That said I was happy to see him go, when he left.

tiger0330

Legend
Funny that someone would bump this thread just when Marbury made an appearance on Real Sports talking about his fathers death and his failing Starbury sneakers and having thoughts of committing suicide at the time. Glad he's found some peace and glory over in China but I never liked him as a player or a person.

CoolClyde

i would've thought this thread was closed, but Starbury's always doing something to keep his name in the news. maybe if he wasn't so damn depressed and thinking about himself all the time, he wouldn't be attracting such sh*tty things in his life. that being said, i really liked him and wanted to see him excel during his time with the Knicks, and was really pissed when D'amntoni sat him in his d'amn doghouse when he still had game.

i wish him all the best in China.