Atlanta Hawks vs New York Knicks Game Thread (Wed. @ 7:30pm ET)

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Atlanta Hawks (34-26) vs New York Knicks (24-35)
Live Wednesday Night on MSG @ 7:30pm ET​

madison-square-garden-1.jpg

Welcome to the official MSGknickz33 aka the Gold Mac Game Thread Preview show thing. Im your host the Mac 10 and its time to break down tonights game as the Knicks will be facing Joe Johnson and the Atlanta Hawks tonight at Madison Square Garden.

The Hawks are one of the most if not the most athletic team in the NBA. They have several players that can get up and down the court and finish high above the rim. They are a better team then their record shows and their athleticism will give the Knicks problems from the opening tip to the final buzzer. The Hawks are coming off a win Tuesday night over the Washington Wizards. Marvin Williams led the way with 28 points. Randolph Morris, the former Knick who now plays for the Hawks, did not play at all.

The Knicks are coming off a bad loss to Miami where they gave away a 16 point 4th quarter lead. Miami went on a 19-0 run in the 4th, and the Knicks are a pathetic group of underachievers with no heart, ran by a head coach who could have heart problems from too much stress.

Highlights from the Previous Game:

Atlanta Hawks
atl.gif

pg-Mike Bibby
sg-Joe Johnson
sf-Marvin Williams
pf-Josh Smith
C-Al Horford

AND NOW YOUR NEW YORK KNICKS!!!!

knicks.gif

hongkong_073007rh.jpg

kcd08033.jpg

MOBILE-IMAGING-KnicksDancers.jpg

AT POINT GUARD CHRIS DUHON
AT SHOOTING GUARD LARRY HUGHES
AT SMALL FORWARD AL HARRINGTON
AT POWER FORWARD DAVID LEE
AT CENTER JARED JEFFRIES

3855.jpg
3251.jpg
3268.jpg
3956.jpg
3609.jpg

BACKUPS: WILSON CHANDLER, NATE ROBINSON, QUENTIN RICHARDSON, DANILO GALLINARI, CHRIS WILCOX

new-york-knicks-city-dancers-05.jpg

new-york-knicks-city-dancers-07.jpg

new-york-knicks-city-dancers-11.jpg

new-york-knicks-city-dancers-08.jpg

Song of the Day: Busta Rhymes - Goldmine ft Raekwon (2006)

Download here: http://limelinx.com/files/75ad8e9da4a89ec5738429c81507e70d

KBlack25

Starter
very excited about the Latina Noche night and Knicks debuting their Nueva York jerseys!

My favorite part of the Latino nights definitely come in baseball, where the Mets where jerseys that say "Los Mets", I know functionally it's correct but it just makes me laugh.

In any case, the Nueva York jerseys are kind of cool, I'd never get one (not hispanic), but they are a cool thing to do none the less. Are they doing any other special things for Latino Night?

Kiyaman

Legend
With a Knick Starting lineup of
Duhon
Hughes
Jefferies
Harrington
Lee
6th Man-Nate
7th Man Chandler
8th Man Gallo
9th Man Wilcox

I would rather have the Wizards (strategic) ex-coach Jordan as our Knick Head Coach.

The Hawks have a decent starting-5 that scores and plays hard defense in the 2nd half of their games in:
Bibby
Joe
Josh
Marv
AL

Could Dantoni gain the edge over the Hawks in the 4th quarter? not without defense...

JayJ44

Starter
We really should lose this game. The Hawks are MUCH more talented than us. Bibby, Johnson, Smith, Horford. So much young, athletic talent. But this team has been inconsistent. If we shoot well, play defense, and treat this game as a playoff game, we could pull an upset.

Kiyaman

Legend
We beat the Hawks when Al Hofford was on the injured list....however

The Hawks defense is much better than Miami defense....especially with Al Hofford bigbody in the paint with 6.9 Josh on one side and a 6.9 Marvin on the other side....not to mention Point-Foward Joe Johnson athletic super star performance.

I just hope Dantoni have a plan other than no-defense and seven-seconds on offense after several days off to work with Duhon & Hughes problem with getting teammates in on the offense.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Word, Kiyaman. Mike D'Antoni needs to enforce defense. Larry Hughes should not be in the starting lineup. Wilson Chandler is 10x better than
Mickey Mouse Hughes. Hughes needs to go back to Disney World.

lebron definately says it best: 'they dont play no d'

NY needs to get a good pick n roll thing goin with duhon n lee early on and they need to knock down their 3s when they get their looks.

HUGHES SHOULDNT BE STARTING!!! could be a nice bench player tho.

if they could start playin some d, especially late on in the game, then they could definately pull off the upset. they should treat every game now like a playoff game.

Scribbles

Rotation player
At some point...

We're going to have to start winning these "expected losses" games especially since we tend to take the lesser squads lightly.

That's if we're looking to make a playoff push.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
in my opinion we should make like some soldiers and start tanking it...theres no way were making the playoffs. They dont deserve too, with the lack of heart they have showed in many of their recent losses.

JRG3

Benchwarmer
Wilcox should be inserted in the starting lineup and be playing more than 5 minutes

Pricey

Rotation player
i got the Knicks leading at every change. Was paying very good odds. Lets hope it gets up.

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
in my opinion we should make like some soldiers and start tanking it...theres no way were making the playoffs. They dont deserve too, with the lack of heart they have showed in many of their recent losses.

I thought we were way far out of it given how much we've been losing lately, but looking at the standings, were only 3 games out of the 8th spot. All we gotta do is go on a few little runs of like 4 in a row or more or something and we could be right back in it...I know we play the Bucks once more at least, if we can win a few in a row it's possible....at this point i don't expect it, but at the end of the day, we're only 3 games out..