Melo a Knick?

LeFlume

All Star
'Melo is a beast and unstoppable when he is going for the hoop. He has mature for every year and his shot selections are much better. He is the best SF in the western conf by far. It's not even close, Only LBJ can say he is better but then again. 'Melo kills him evertime they play. I would love to see Melo as a Knick. He is one of the best scorers in the NBA hands down.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Carmelo

Particularly with Curry still under contract and, in my view, not likely to be moved before 2010, we are not going to get more than one out of the 2010 free agent superstars.

There is only one real superstar that plainly will make a difference and that is LeBron. If we get LeBron, we will not be able to get Carmelo. His 2010 contract salary is $16.5M and his 2011 contract salary is $17.7M.

if we do not get LeBron, Carmelo is not going to fill our needs. Even if we were to have a quality big man, which Melo is not, we wouldl need a point guard at least a step or two above Duhon. If we do not get LeBron, I would rather Bosh or Amare. I think Wade, who is closest to LeBron in star stature, is staying in Miami. And, unfortunately, I do not think we are getting LeBron.

p0nder

Starter
Oldtimer is on the ball on this one!

I'd much rather go after Bosh then Melo. I respect Melo's game and what he could bring to new york but i think we could do much better moves then this.

Bosh is a good player, his team sucks because of a) coaching/front office idiocy and b) lack of depth. Put him in a place like NY and you'll see him shine. Get him and lebron in NYK jersy's and watch out for tha dynasty! :D

Blumatic

Rotation player
I am sooooooo tired of guys playing out of position. STOP TRYING TO REINVENT THE WHEEL YOU STUPID MF'S. Forwards running the point, Guards/Forwards manning the paint, Centers/PF shooting 3's!!!! Enough already!!!! If a player cannot excel at his "NATURAL" position then stop playing him!! No more point forwards (what do we have a pg for?), motherf*ckin power guards and point centers!!!! D'Antoni, this is why you can't decide a line-up, because you can't make up your mind as to what position does a player play. If a guy cannot get it done at both ends of the court, stop the innovative sh*t and find someone else. This goes back like 10 years now w/ D'Antoni and others...it's ridiculous. Either play your natural position or get the f*ck out.

LOL. That a pretty damn good point. They have their natural positions for a reason.

Blumatic

Rotation player
I'm torn by this Melo situation. He would have to be a last resort. But I'd be really scared. That it would be a Marbury part two. I don't think he's that good as lebron and wade. I don't think he's that dedicated.

If Melo was to come here D'antoni better hire Oakley and Mason as assistant coaches to beat him in the head when he acts up.

Even if Melo does come in he won't suffice we need TWO big men. One that is a start and one that just blocks shots, with great help defense, and rebounds alot.

Melo is an enigma. He definitely a last resort.

alphad0gz

Rookie
Lots of dumb people here...

1) Melo is not remotely Marbury. Ever hear of a player that DIDN'T like playing with him? Thought not. Guy is not a bad guy or a trouble maker. His worst offense as a player was not coming out when directed to. Bad move but hardly the end of the world.

2) Not a great player or leader? Let's see...he carried SU to a title as a freshman with a good but not great cast. Best college freshman ever. Led the sorry ass Nugs to a playoff as a rookie. Huge win/loss turnaround.

3) Star on the olympic team....coaches loved him.

4) Plays defense better than Lee by a wide margin and has a +8 per over his opponents at SF. If you don't know, thats a lot. His "clutch" stats are off the charts.

5) A guy that gets to the line..and makes them

Let's summarize, shall we? A 24 yo all star, Olympic Gold medal winner, 2nd best at his position in the league, top 10-12 overall, proven winner, popular with his teammates, and possibly available and we pass? Did I mention he gave 3 million to build a basketball center at the school in which he played one year? yeah, he has some warts but he is still young. So if we pass and end up with say....no LJ or wade...who would you rather have? A nice soft Boshmellow, a 30 yo JJ, Amare with microfracture history, or who?

clumsy

Rotation player
Melo is having his worst year statistically. I'm really not sold on him being a franchise player. Plus dude turns the ball over all the time, and doesn't play D...and matter fact doesn't score enough to warrant that. If it wasn't for Chauncey that team wouldn't be nearly as good. I think Chauncey is the best point guard in the NBA...absolutely no negatives to his game except a lower FG%. Look at how bad Detroit is now (tho that is cuz they have too many scorers).

clumsy

Rotation player
if there is anyone on Denver i want it's Birdman Chris Anderson. David Lee isn't a beast... This dude is.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
if there is anyone on Denver i want it's Birdman Chris Anderson. David Lee isn't a beast... This dude is.

Yeah, we should have signed the Birdman when we had the chance. He's all out hustle and plays fearlessly. The Birdman is 2nd in the league in blocked shots and only plays 19 min a game. That's impressive.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
Melo is having his worst year statistically. I'm really not sold on him being a franchise player. Plus dude turns the ball over all the time, and doesn't play D...and matter fact doesn't score enough to warrant that. If it wasn't for Chauncey that team wouldn't be nearly as good. I think Chauncey is the best point guard in the NBA...absolutely no negatives to his game except a lower FG%. Look at how bad Detroit is now (tho that is cuz they have too many scorers).

Anthony would get us into the playoffs and help us win over half of our regular season games- but he lacks the ability to step his game up- for the playoffs- something all the best players do. Melo= fool's gold.
<table class="statsHeader" width="742" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="gSGSectionTitleStatsGrid" width="738">

Career Playoff Averages
</td> <td width="2">
stats_header_lft.gif
</td> </tr></tbody></table> <table class="playerStatTable careerAvg" border="1" bordercolor="#cccccc" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="title"> <td class="year">Year</td> <td class="team">Team</td> <td>G</td> <td>GS</td> <td>MPG</td> <td>FG%</td> <td>3P%</td> <td>FT%</td> <td>OFF</td> <td>DEF</td> <td>RPG</td> <td>APG</td> <td>SPG</td> <td>BPG</td> <td>TO</td> <td>PF</td> <td>PPG</td> </tr> <tr class=""> <td class="yr">03-04</td> <td class="tm">DEN</td> <td>4</td> <td>4</td> <td>35.8</td> <td>0.328</td> <td>0.182</td> <td>0.800</td> <td>1.8</td> <td>6.5</td> <td>8.3</td> <td>2.8</td> <td>1.2</td> <td>0.0</td> <td>4.25</td> <td>2.80</td> <td>15.0</td> </tr> <tr class="odd"> <td class="yr">04-05</td> <td class="tm">DEN</td> <td>5</td> <td>5</td> <td>36.0</td> <td>0.422</td> <td>0.000</td> <td>0.813</td> <td>2.8</td> <td>2.6</td> <td>5.4</td> <td>2.0</td> <td>0.6</td> <td>0.2</td> <td>2.60</td> <td>4.00</td> <td>19.2</td> </tr> <tr class=""> <td class="yr">05-06</td> <td class="tm">DEN</td> <td>5</td> <td>5</td> <td>38.6</td> <td>0.333</td> <td>0.000</td> <td>0.750</td> <td>2.4</td> <td>4.2</td> <td>6.6</td> <td>2.8</td> <td>0.8</td> <td>0.2</td> <td>3.00</td> <td>4.00</td> <td>21.0</td> </tr> <tr class="odd"> <td class="yr">06-07</td> <td class="tm">DEN</td> <td>5</td> <td>5</td> <td>42.0</td> <td>0.480</td> <td>0.500</td> <td>0.795</td> <td>3.6</td> <td>5.0</td> <td>8.6</td> <td>1.2</td> <td>1.0</td> <td>0.0</td> <td>3.80</td> <td>2.40</td> <td>26.8</td> </tr> <tr class=""> <td class="yr">07-08</td> <td class="tm">DEN</td> <td>4</td> <td>4</td> <td>36.5</td> <td>0.364</td> <td>0.250</td> <td>0.828</td> <td>4.8</td> <td>4.8</td> <td>9.5</td> <td>2.0</td> <td>0.5</td> <td>0.2</td> <td>3.00</td> <td>4.30</td> <td>22.5</td> </tr> <!-- Check if career stats are null first --> <tr class="career"> <td class="col_1">Career</td> <td class="col_2">--</td> <td>23</td> <td>23</td> <td>37.9</td> <td>0.389</td> <td>0.310</td> <td>0.791</td> <td>3.0</td> <td>4.5</td> <td>7.6</td> <td>2.1</td> <td>0.8</td> <td>0.1</td> <td>3.30</td> <td>3.50</td> <td>21.1</td></tr></tbody></table>

pat

Starter
I think Chauncey is the best point guard in the NBA...absolutely no negatives to his game except a lower FG%. Look at how bad Detroit is now (tho that is cuz they have too many scorers).

Well since AI is out and Rip Hamilton is back in their line up, they started beating top teams. While I was waiting for a stream in of a Knicks game I read a conversation between two Detroit fans. One of them said that the Pistons should treat Iverson like what the Knicks did with Stephon (obviously before letting him go). At least those two blamed the Pistons' slump on having Iverson on the team and not having Chauncey.

However, I ave to agree with you: he is a top notch point guard and it is amazing tat it took him so long to settle in in the NBA .

Yeah, we should have signed the Birdman when we had the chance. He's all out hustle and plays fearlessly. The Birdman is 2nd in the league in blocked shots and only plays 19 min a game. That's impressive.

C'mon we just got rid of Marbury and now you want to bring in the most severe nut-case in the NBA ;) I can still remember the slam dunk contest Anderson was in:

clumsy

Rotation player
Birdman is nice.

Did you see what he did to Rudy Fernandez last night. He threw the ball in his Face from a vicious block, then did some Ivan Drago shit from Rocky. Dude has mad swag on defense. He's is EXTREMELY athletic, and cares more about knocking you out the box, then putting up gaudy offensive numbers. We can get this guy for like 2 or 3 mil.

To be honest he's Marcus Camby junior. That is how good i think he is.

Last edited:

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
1) Melo is not remotely Marbury. Ever hear of a player that DIDN'T like playing with him? Thought not. Guy is not a bad guy or a trouble maker. His worst offense as a player was not coming out when directed to. Bad move but hardly the end of the world.

2) Not a great player or leader? Let's see...he carried SU to a title as a freshman with a good but not great cast. Best college freshman ever. Led the sorry ass Nugs to a playoff as a rookie. Huge win/loss turnaround.

3) Star on the olympic team....coaches loved him.

4) Plays defense better than Lee by a wide margin and has a +8 per over his opponents at SF. If you don't know, thats a lot. His "clutch" stats are off the charts.

5) A guy that gets to the line..and makes them

Let's summarize, shall we? A 24 yo all star, Olympic Gold medal winner, 2nd best at his position in the league, top 10-12 overall, proven winner, popular with his teammates, and possibly available and we pass? Did I mention he gave 3 million to build a basketball center at the school in which he played one year? yeah, he has some warts but he is still young. So if we pass and end up with say....no LJ or wade...who would you rather have? A nice soft Boshmellow, a 30 yo JJ, Amare with microfracture history, or who?

Great Post! I agree 100%!

Welcome to KO.com

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Labron James is not coming to NY. Forgetaboutit. Why would he? He's on the 2nd or 3rd best team in the league and has the best chance of winning a title right where he is. Why start over in NY? All we have is Chandler and Gallo. Robinson will be gone, Lee might be gone by then too. Don't get me wrong, the Knicks should definitely make a run and Labron but don't bank on it actually happening.

The Realist Plan for the Knicks
Chris Bosh and Joe Johnson.

Both players will become free agents and both will likely be looking for a new home and cash and we all know NY's got plenty of cash. The Knicks should also consider making a run at Alan Iverson for a short term contract. Resign Al Harrington and you've got a serous championship competitor. We all love king James and D. Wade but you've got to consider that these guys are apart of great teams or teams that are seemingly on the right track and starting over might not be a good option for them.

Iverson
Johnson
Harrington/Chandler
Bosh/Gallo
Lee (Keep your fingers crossed.)

LeFlume

All Star
Joe Johnson is great but he is too old 2010. Knicks need to go after younger players so we can keep them for a number of years. Like San Antonio, keep the team intact and don't do too many changes that can mess up the on court chemistry.

Heyyyyyyyyyyy Every Bodyyyyyyyyyy

Do What I Diddddddddddddd

Go To Nba.com

Anddddddddddddd

Click On Players

Then Click On Al Harrington

And Then

Click On Compare Players

And Then Click On Carmelo Anthony

Observeeee.

And Then Tell Me If You Want To Pay Max Salary For The Same Player.