FIRE WILKENS

I would like to see more of a disciplanarian coach here but the coach really isnt the problem. The Knicks are just a bad defensive team and they are not very physical. You wont win in the NBA playing that style of basketball.

Ill say this about Wilkens though, getting the oppurtunity to watch him coach every game he really doesnt impress me. Either the NBA game has passed him by or he was just always an average coach that compiled wins by coaching for 30 years. But in no way does this guy strike me as a great coach. A great coach would have won more than 1 NBA Title in over 30 years.

He makes way too many mind boggling decisions. Like, where the heck was Mike Sweetney all game tonight? Thats just a one of many examples.

kevin

Benchwarmer
JJtheKnick said:
lenny is a good couch i think hes one of the knicks best

Are you kidding? What makes you think that Lenny is one of the Knicks best coaches. He guarenteed that he would instill defense into this team but I have not seen the knicks play good defense for 5 minutes. This team needs some serious changes in their defense. I can't give really be mad at just Wilkens but I believe the players have just been terrible. They haven't even be trying. I consider Pat Riley and Van Gundy better coaches becasue they atleast stuck to their word about defense