Chandler needs to be more agressive!!

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
This kid has all the talent in the world and could be a star in the NBA.For him to reach that kind of success thow he has to play more agressive out there in games.He plays good and has good games but I feel he could do alot better and really become a go to guy.What I have seen from him thus far is I think he may be thinking more than playing!!! He thinks he should either shoot the three or dunk the ball and I think he can do alot more.I would like to see him pump fake more at the three point line then step in and take that midrange shot.

I really think he could shoot close to 60 percent from midrange if he would work harder to get that shot.I also think he needs to drive more to the rim and not be afraid of contact,draw fouls and get more free throws.If he would do those two things more and be more agressive then I honestly think his numbers would sky rocket and he very possibly could be a very very good NBA player.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
we all know that and wit experience that will come, he definitely needs to stop shying away from contact when driving though, cant believe he made it this far like dat

JayJ44

Starter
I like Chandler, but he has a low b-ball IQ and, as you said, he's not aggressive. I don't think it's something he can improve on, it's just the way he is. He takes way too many contested 3's and he doesn't drive to the rim often enough. I go through days where I forget he exists because he makes no impact in so many games.

He also needs to improve his ball handling and passing, to make him a more complete player. If he could create off the dribble, that would be a huge plus in his game.

He's still very young, so we'll see how he develops.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
I have seen way to many players get drafted that can really play but when they get out there on that court its like they're in slow motion.They waste their talent b/c they don't use their skills in games.I don't know if its lazyness or them letting all that money go to their head.Chandler is young and I hope he gets smarter and plays with the talent that he was given.I hope he does'nt turn into one of those players that has all the talent in the world but fades away in the NBA.

he also needs to be traded

ok dont ever post on this site ever again...

chandler tries to be aggressive, if you notice when he gets the ball he is always trying to attack, the problem is once he gives it up he never gets it back, with Harry,Hughes and NAte taking 75 percent of the knicks shots, there is no room for him to be as aggressive as we would like him to be, I Was saying it last night that chandler and gallo should get 20 shots a game, and I bet you they would both drop 18 ppg. but thats not meant to be just yet, Mike D understands he has a bunch of players who dont compliment eachother, but he also realizes that the younger a player is the less apt they are to complain about minutes and shots, chemistry is key, and he is trying to keep the peace by pushing hughes and harry and nate as the no.1 options on offense. chandler will get his chances, but he has to take it, by being patient and allowing the transition of the knicks to take place.

the portable man

Benchwarmer
ok dont ever post on this site ever again...

chandler tries to be aggressive, if you notice when he gets the ball he is always trying to attack, the problem is once he gives it up he never gets it back, with Harry,Hughes and NAte taking 75 percent of the knicks shots, there is no room for him to be as aggressive as we would like him to be, I Was saying it last night that chandler and gallo should get 20 shots a game, and I bet you they would both drop 18 ppg. but thats not meant to be just yet, Mike D understands he has a bunch of players who dont compliment eachother, but he also realizes that the younger a player is the less apt they are to complain about minutes and shots, chemistry is key, and he is trying to keep the peace by pushing hughes and harry and nate as the no.1 options on offense. chandler will get his chances, but he has to take it, by being patient and allowing the transition of the knicks to take place.
:barf:

sorry kid, but u have high hopes in the wrong player, not to mention u make 0 sense. he TRIES to be aggressive and TRIES to attack? YA THINK!? a bball player trying to attack, ye thats new. maybe if he could create a decent shot most of the time he wouldnt have to give it up. fact is, even if its just at this point in time, he's only good for taking open shots and converting on fastbreak plays. he has DISGUSTING offensive creativity.

this aggressiveness yall are referring to, most of the time he'll just drive right, jump in the air and throw up the most off-balance awkward shot all the while defense is still in front of him. no thanks.

not to mention he shoots 42% and i dont wanna hear shit like "its only his second year, watch he'll improve in every aspect!!!" ya dam right he needs to improve in every part of his game!! i mean if u think about it, he simply averages 13ppg thanks to dantonis playbook and other teammates gettin him open. his best ability really is just shot-blocking

big deal he can do a tomahawk dunk! who cares u dumbass! u'd figure he can at least do that being 6'8" and ripped with muscle, so with that said im not impressed and neither should u or anyone else be

now, i would be OK if he developed into a player that primarily defends and ONLY takes open shots and fast-break opportunities, cuz its OBVIOUS offensively he isnt natural, otherwise he definately should not be getting 20 shots per game, only occasionally if his teammates can get him open.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Considering everything that's been said about Chandler he's still the second best player on the team. Everyone goes through slumps and it seems like the entire team is sort of giving up, not playing to their full potential. It's kind of early to judge a second year player that is struggling. Isn't basketball IQ really just a matter of watching videos and learning plays? A pee-wee player can have high basketball IQ. Talent has little to do with IQ and the kid is loaded with talent. Give it time and let's see what he can do.

metrocard

Legend
He is what he is.
So keep hoping.
If that makes you feel better.
In my opinion, skill > talent.
Everyone has all the talent in the world.

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
Don Chris is spot on. Chandler is a very good player. I say this because for a player who hardly played a game last year hes come into this season and made the sophmore team. Furthermore, hes had to learn the system like everyone else, except as a young player with little experience it takes a little more getting used to. In my opinion, hes hit the "rookie" wall. Give him time and he will shine.

Red

TYPE-A
:barf:

sorry kid, but u have high hopes in the wrong player, not to mention u make 0 sense. he TRIES to be aggressive and TRIES to attack? YA THINK!? a bball player trying to attack, ye thats new. maybe if he could create a decent shot most of the time he wouldnt have to give it up. fact is, even if its just at this point in time, he's only good for taking open shots and converting on fastbreak plays. he has DISGUSTING offensive creativity.

He tries is very important. Problem with him is as others have mentioned- His athleticism is his best attribute, but he is learning how to not be passive while in the system, achieving efficiency. Being "good for open shots or finishing on the break" is a skill in and of itself. He has "disgusting" offensive creativity...see Chris Duhon- nuff said.

this aggressiveness yall are referring to, most of the time he'll just drive right, jump in the air and throw up the most off-balance awkward shot all the while defense is still in front of him. no thanks.

not to mention he shoots 42% and i dont wanna hear shit like "its only his second year, watch he'll improve in every aspect!!!" ya dam right he needs to improve in every part of his game!! i mean if u think about it, he simply averages 13ppg thanks to dantonis playbook and other teammates gettin him open. his best ability really is just shot-blocking

big deal he can do a tomahawk dunk! who cares u dumbass! u'd figure he can at least do that being 6'8" and ripped with muscle, so with that said im not impressed and neither should u or anyone else be

now, i would be OK if he developed into a player that primarily defends and ONLY takes open shots and fast-break opportunities, cuz its OBVIOUS offensively he isnt natural, otherwise he definately should not be getting 20 shots per game, only occasionally if his teammates can get him open.

Shooting while "the Defense is in front of you" is what you would have to do to be successful in this league, thats how MOST shots are taken, HELLO! and it demonstrates confidence. Anyone can hit open shots, his ability allows him to create. You stand corrected.

Btw, your ripped muscle observation was borderline homo. lol

Next...
He shoots 48% in his 2nd year. My response 41, 46, 41, 42, 42, 39...that's what Allen Iverson's fg% was his first six years. That's NBA scoring champ, All Star A.I. (only compared for fg% purposes)...nuff said.

Considering everything that's been said about Chandler he's still the second best player on the team. Everyone goes through slumps and it seems like the entire team is sort of giving up, not playing to their full potential. It's kind of early to judge a second year player that is struggling. Isn't basketball IQ really just a matter of watching videos and learning plays? A pee-wee player can have high basketball IQ. Talent has little to do with IQ and the kid is loaded with talent. Give it time and let's see what he can do.

Don, I disagree. IQ specifically Basket Ball IQ is decision making and knowing what to do with the rock, where to be at on the floor and anticipation of your team and the opposition. I agree film and practice helps but to me it's about honing your instincts. Like with fighting, you cant teach heart, nor speed up internal process and decision making rational. Yes he does have talent like millions of individuals, it's the heart, natural aggressiveness, will and passion combined with ability that separate winners. Chandler is a work in progress. I hope a coach knows how to work with him and make him a beast but really thats rare. Sometimes you're either born with it, or not.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Well Chandler,had another horrible game tonight and he looked like he was lost and did'nt know what to do.Im hoping he wakes up and starts playing better but he has a long ways to go.I know when Dantoni,took him out of the starting lineup earlier this season that he really started playing well.Maybe he should do the same thing and hope that wakes Chandler up.

TunerAddict

Starter
Next...
He shoots 48% in his 2nd year. My response 41, 46, 41, 42, 42, 39...that's what Allen Iverson's fg% was his first six years. That's NBA scoring champ, All Star A.I. (only compared for fg% purposes)...nuff said.

And Allen Iverson was a bad player that shot his teams out of a shit load of games...

Don't quite get the correlation here...Unless you're saying Chandler won't amount to anything...

Red

TYPE-A
And Allen Iverson was a bad player that shot his teams out of a shit load of games...

Don't quite get the correlation here...Unless you're saying Chandler won't amount to anything...

A.I. is a ball hawk, me first player. That said my point is he was also a scoring champ and to mention Chandler's FG% in his 1st full year means nothing. All that said about AI he was dominant at a point and showed heart and skill down the stretch- a go to guy whom Chandler is not. Basically it was in reponse to Chandlers FG %.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
It's funny how people say that Danilo Gallinari needs 3-5 years to develop his game, but Wilson Chandler gets attacked for averaging 13.7 points and 5 rebounds on his sophomore season. Sounds like a double standard to me. A great white hope double standard.

KBlack25

Starter
It's funny how people say that Danilo Gallinari needs 3-5 years to develop his game, but Wilson Chandler gets attacked for averaging 13.7 points and
5 rebounds on his sophomore season. Sounds like a double standard to me.

Co-sign, but Gallo gets excused because he is from Europe. European guys have shown a tendency to take 3-5 yrs to REALLY come into their own. People just expect everyone to come out and be an immediate impact player because they played US college ball. It's not fair, it's just the way it is.

clumsy

Rotation player
Not in this Dude. Somehow i get the feeling that Wilson Chandler is mad laid back in real life like Lamar Odom. It shows in their game.

I have no problem bringing him back but i never expect him to break out and put up all star stats. He projects to be a pretty good backup/mediocre starter.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Major props goes out to Chandler for the way he played tonight.He played agressive and drove to the basket for some easy points and that allowed him to be open on his jumper.Great game Chandler,keep it up!!!!:beer: