Nate Will Demand 10 MIL

JayJ44

Starter
dog what are u talking about??? theres nothin to argue about cuz first off nate DOES NOT get starter minutes, he averages exactly 30 mpg, 7-9 mins less than any stars sitting atop any stat category
:barf:

and if u wanna use that then take a look at nates last 3 games where he HAS been getting starter minutes AND starting: 25ppg 7apg

then lets look @ duhon who has been getting starter mins ALL season and is #8 in apg with 7.6

then rose who is playing 37-38mins is averaging 16 and 6!

i dont see how a 'combo' guard means a bench role fits him best, being a combo guard means u have more abilities so it would be a contradiction to say he's a bench guy...and no offense barbosa is nice but he doesnt have the dribbling n passing ability of nate, who doesnt even need screens like most of these other PG's today...keep in mind barbosas been 6th man for the past three years, this is nate's first real 6th man year and the knicks NEED nate to be starting pg, the suns have nash and jrich so barbosas role IS suitable

other than that, redd IS a good fit for the knicks, its obvious u dont follow bball generally which is ok but why make it seem like u know...cuz if u've seen redd play in the olympics or nba, he's a SOLID defender(a lil over 1spg) stays in front of most players pretty well and on top of that he has one of the LOWEST TO's per game than any other SG

so with all that and u put him into dantoni's 'system' which is just a set of plays they usually run to open up their offense theres no reason for robinson not to continue doing what hes been doing especially in terms of assists, i see that # increasing easily considering the knicks have so many offensive options, lets be real here

First of all, I agree that Nate>Duhon. But I think you're taking the last couple weeks too seriously. He has been playing well, but I doubt he will be able to put these numbers up consistently.

You misunderstood me. I didn't mean he should come off the bench because he's a combo guard. He should come off the bench because he just plays better when he does, like Ginobli.

Nate has passing ability? Tough to tell, since he rarely ever passes the ball. Barbosa is quicker, a better shooter, and a better passer than Nate.

Obviously you don't follow b-ball, because you only look at stats. Steals mean very little. All that means, is that he gambles defensively. Besides, 1 steal per game isn't impressive at all. He barely played in the Olympics, and showed nothing defensively. The reason he has little turnovers, is because he rarely handles the ball. He just spots up and shoots. This is a quote from an article about a NBA No-defense team for last season (which Redd starts on):

-Possibly pound-for-pound, minute-for-minute the worst defensive player in the league on sheer talent and effort. For instance, this year he had 13 blocked shots and 65 steals in 2,702 minutes.

How bad are those numbers? Baron Davis had 43 blocks and 191 steals in 3,196 minutes. Boris Diaw had 39 blocks and 61 steals in 2,308 minutes. Caron Butler had 20 blocks and 128 steals in 2,314 minutes. And none of those guys are ever going to be first-team All-Defenders.
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawaka...-team-starring-nash-carmelo-and-al-jefferson/

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
even in today's shitty game Nate still had 18 pts, 5 rebs, and 2 asts, while even being doubled teamed a couple of times during the game. good game for Nate even on an off night.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
even in today's shitty game Nate still had 18 pts, 5 rebs, and 2 asts, while even being doubled teamed a couple of times during the game. good game for Nate even on an off night.

What was his shooting stats?? b/c when I last looked he was 1-7 shooting.I did'nt watch much of the second half and I could be wrong but I say he scored those points when they were down 20+ points.The nets was just probably going threw the motions and not playing as tough of defense when they had the game won.Thats how he probaly scored BUT I could be wrong.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
What was his shooting stats?? b/c when I last looked he was 1-7 shooting.I did'nt watch much of the second half and I could be wrong but I say he scored those points when they were down 20+ points.The nets was just probably going threw the motions and not playing as tough of defense when they had the game won.Thats how he probaly scored BUT I could be wrong.
he went 7-16, so it was around his average. we were down most of the game, so that was a non-factor. nate was being double teamed (no homo) as well. good game for him, though.