Game Thread: Knicks vs. Cavaliers 3/15 6PM

Akamu

The King
Nice creative threads Goknicks, I like the mario 3 stage...you should have the curtains slide out without having it look like it's been cut out if you know what I mean.

=================/

Nate played well, did a good job at the point-

No calls for the Knicks, f those refs-

DLee let Varejao abuse him with big time costly shots near that end that killed our momentum-

Overall decent job by the Knicks better then I thought-

TunerAddict

Starter
dantoni teaching at least average d would increase our win total by 10 or more

Oh, so you go to practices? Sit in on team meatings?

Cause if you don't, I don't see how you can even talk. He is constantly yelling and lecturing about defense. Why does he always call timeouts? Defensive lapses. He gets in guys faces when they don't do what they are supposed to do.

But hey, its everyone else's fault. It isn't Nate's for refusing to fight over screens or most of the time, even keep an eye on his man while he gets wide open and hits an open jumper.

Oh, so you go to practices? Sit in on team meatings?

Cause if you don't, I don't see how you can even talk. He is constantly yelling and lecturing about defense. Why does he always call timeouts? Defensive lapses. He gets in guys faces when they don't do what they are supposed to do.

But hey, its everyone else's fault. It isn't Nate's for refusing to fight over screens or most of the time, even keep an eye on his man while he gets wide open and hits an open jumper.
Listen, i agree with you, nate can improve his defense, but he at least shows an effort. Other guys act as if they have no clue what theyre doing.

TunerAddict

Starter
Listen, i agree with you, nate can improve his defense, but he at least shows an effort. Other guys act as if they have no clue what theyre doing.

But those aren't even related, you're comparing effort with knowledge/skill.

Look,

David Lee tries hard. He just doesn't have the physical ability. He has slow feet.

Nate has all the tools to be a great defender. That is why I'm more critical of him. He could be a great defender if he really tried. That fact that he doesn't is what I find upsetting.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
But those aren't even related, you're comparing effort with knowledge/skill.

Look,

David Lee tries hard. He just doesn't have the physical ability. He has slow feet.

Nate has all the tools to be a great defender. That is why I'm more critical of him. He could be a great defender if he really tried. That fact that he doesn't is what I find upsetting.

You're a hater. How can you give the 6'9 David Lee a free pass for not playing defense, but then you attack the 5'9 Robinson for not being a good defender?

Robinson > Lee

Stop hating.

Robinson's a better scorer, passer, and leader than Lee.

Robinson tries to play defense. He averages 1.7 steals per game. You want a 5'9 point guard to block shots, too?

TunerAddict

Starter
You're a hater. How can you give the 6'9 David Lee a free pass for not playing defense, but then you attack the 5'9 Robinson for not being a good defender?

Robinson > Lee

Stop hating.

Robinson's a better scorer, passer, and leader than Lee.

Robinson tries to play defense. He averages 1.7 steals per game. You want a 5'9 point guard to block shots, too?

lulz

Nice fail

You obviously never read my post.

paris401

Starter
and lets forget zepole canolli.. zero point...zero assists...zero boards...

a fine game by the the 6th pick in the draft..

the portable man

Benchwarmer
nba officiating has been solid this season and this game particularly was reffed well IMO so im lost when some of u actually thats how we lost, both teams had equal ft attempts i think

they really dont call minor body contact fouls anymore and this goes for all the games ive seen this past month, its gettin better...some of the old refs tho may need to retire

robinson killed it @ the point again, not his best but a major contribution, most would think he couldnt follow up YET again especially against quality guards like mo and west...so i think hes earned the right to be starting pg now(healthy duhon or not)

really tho, 6 missed ft's, poor david lee offense & defense, n a few open shots missed caused the loss, decent effort decent game

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
It never feels after every lost I get on here and find nothing but posters blaming just one player for the lost.Open your eyes people it was'nt just Nates fault and it was'nt just Lees fault.The last time I checked Lee and Nate played on a TEAM and when a TEAM loses then they lose as a team not none of this whining oh its this players fault or that players fault.They got beat by a better team end of story.

Anyways I did watch the refs tonight and I counted four fouls that should have been called on James before halftime.His sixth foul shoulde have come with nine minutes left in the forth.It makes me sick to see these star players get away with everything in games.Thats uncalled for and it should be stoped but it won't.Oh go back and watch the replay of those back door cuts by varjerio and you will see Delonte West hold a Knicks player for a half of a second on the last two Varjerio scores.He held Nate on one play and Nate or Hughes on the other play.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
nba officiating has been solid this season and this game particularly was reffed well IMO so im lost when some of u actually thats how we lost, both teams had equal ft attempts i think

they really dont call minor body contact fouls anymore and this goes for all the games ive seen this past month, its gettin better...some of the old refs tho may need to retire

robinson killed it @ the point again, not his best but a major contribution, most would think he couldnt follow up YET again especially against quality guards like mo and west...so i think hes earned the right to be starting pg now(healthy duhon or not)

really tho, 6 missed ft's, poor david lee offense & defense, n a few open shots missed caused the loss, decent effort decent game

The whole team shot 37% as a team so tell me how that all falls on Lee??Dang I guess Lee shot all those shots?? He has to no better and be a team player.:rolling:

The whole team shot awful and did'nt play very good defense as usual and thats why they lost.Another reason they lost was b/c they quit moving and passing the ball.For some reason when they start playing team ball by moving and passing the ball around they just quit it and start going one on one.

JayJ44

Starter
NETS LOSE!!! They just lost to the Clippers off a buzzer beater by Steve Novak! That means we're still tied with them.

And better still, Devin Harris got injured. That will definitely help us in our playoff hunt. I can't see the Nets win many games with out him.
simpsons_nelson_haha3.jpg

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
NETS LOSE!!! They just lost to the Clippers off a buzzer beater by Steve Novak! That means we're still tied with them.

And better still, Devin Harris got injured. That will definitely help us in our playoff hunt. I can't see the Nets win many games with out him.
simpsons_nelson_haha3.jpg

I never want to see a player get injured and I feel bad for Devin Harris but I am glad the nets lost.What did he hurt and how many games are we out 1 or 1 and a half?

JayJ44

Starter
I never want to see a player get injured and I feel bad for Devin Harris but I am glad the nets lost.What did he hurt and how many games are we out 1 or 1 and a half?

He has a strained shoulder. I think we're 2 games out of it, since we lost today.

KBlack25

Starter
I'll say one thing I didn't like about Nate's play, while he played decent most of the game, with the Knicks down 2 with like 2 minutes left or so he drives to the basket and throws up a retarded looking reverse layup and hits the ground. He lies on the ground, trying to milk it for a call, while his team on defense plays 5 on 4. It reminded me of Limas Sweed faking an injury.

In that situation, I don't care what happens. You HAVE to get back on defense. You HAVE to at least try. Don't try and milk your "injury", even if you feel hurt, you have to be another body on defense. Then, when the timeout was called, Nate WALKED OFF THE COURT on his own power AND came BACK in the game after the minute long timeout. You have to get back on defense, obviously he wasn't hurt THAT bad if he could walk off on his own. He wasn't going to get the call, what was he doing for the 20-30 seconds that the Cavs were passing the ball around the court and getting a wide-open three pointer that they drilled? There wasn't even a foul on the play. I can accept missing shots, I can accept just being beat by another team, I can't accept a lack of effort. That play, in such a crucial time, reeked of a lack of effort.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I heard that. KBlack25

Wonder if he was scolded for it? It was poor form. Makes for a good case to give the little show pony (no hate) less $ than I'm sure he considers himself worth.

Imagine if he were to have pulled that stunt in the early 90s! He'd be drawn & quartered! Ahhh the good ol' days.
charles_oakley.jpg

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Tough loss for our knicks. Collectively, they played good. We do have to remember that the cavs have been great at home (only one f*cking loss!!!) So coming out with a win would have been like parting the red sea. Many of our players committed mistakes, so why single out anyone? We win as a team and we lose as a team.

KBlack25

Starter
Tough loss for our knicks. Collectively, they played good. We do have to remember that the cavs have been great at home (only one f*cking loss!!!) So coming out with a win would have been like parting the red sea. Many of our players committed mistakes, so why single out anyone? We win as a team and we lose as a team.

The same reason people singled out Duhon while we were struggling. Fact is Nate made a huge error/sign of laziness at a key and critical point in the game, allowing the Cavs to open up a 5 point lead late in the game. He played well most of the game, and I wouldn't be hating on him if he just got back on defense, even if he was useless there. He didn't even try to get back on that play, leaving his teammates to play 5 on 4 versus a superior Cavs team who only had a 2 point lead late in the game. If he showed up on defense instead of faking an injury or milking an injury to get a sympathy call, and they still scored, I'd have no problem. The problem was he didn't even get back. It's not a mistake as much as it is laziness. I was just pointing out that sign of laziness, and that I can't accept.