10 Out Of 15

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
that's the number of games the KNICKS are gonna have to win to have a legitimate shot at taking over the 8th spot.

Seems like a tall task considering we go up against Orlando (three times!), new orleans, denver, and utah, all good playoff teams.

This is it. one more month to prove how much we have progressed. Are we the same ole Knicks or are we a future Championship team in the making? only time will tell.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
"Playoffs?"

The odds of getting the 8th seed for the playoffs are quickly approaching the odds of getting a top three pick if we fail to make the playoffs.

I do not think we should tank, but I will hardly be heartbroken if we fail to make the playoffs. it will make lottery day interesting.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Sly i wouldn't say that if we don't make the playoffs then were going to continue to lose for years.....we've taken huge steps forward this year it's amazing in itself for us to eve think about playoffs this soon, we'll get a nice pick in the draft ( hopefully either a big man or a go-to-guy ) and then we'll work on surrounding that player with talent

if we get Monroe we could work on getting a great 2nd option who will become a Roy type player, or Thabeet we get a reliable no.1 option

or if we go guard then we work on building around him and getting a defensive stopping big man....thats how we could make huge steps this offseason

i still believe we could be legit championship contenders in 3-4 years.

Red

TYPE-A
Sly i wouldn't say that if we don't make the playoffs then were going to continue to lose for years.....we've taken huge steps forward this year it's amazing in itself for us to eve think about playoffs this soon, we'll get a nice pick in the draft ( hopefully either a big man or a go-to-guy ) and then we'll work on surrounding that player with talent

if we get Monroe we could work on getting a great 2nd option who will become a Roy type player, or Thabeet we get a reliable no.1 option

or if we go guard then we work on building around him and getting a defensive stopping big man....thats how we could make huge steps this offseason

i still believe we could be legit championship contenders in 3-4 years.

Optimistic view, unrealistic expectations.

At this point I would be SHOCKED if D'Antoni/Walsh know who to add in the draft. I kind of lost confidence after last draft. But then again Walsh made some pretty good cap moves... not necessarily upgrades for a championship but mostly stop gap players. We'll see.

You know as well as I do, a top 3 pick is more valuable to our future than the 8th seed at this point.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
thats true red. but i still feel that we're closer than we think to being serious contenders. it'll take some work, were close yet far meaning we need to hit a homerun this draft, lets just wait and see where we're projected to pick.

New New York

Quiet Storm
what the **** does that mean? Or are you just being facetious?

I speak fluent High, allow me to translate.

I think our anibriated brotha is trying to say he wants us to stay competitive and miss the playoffs by only a half a game -hence the 9th seed 1/2 game comment- then he wants us to defy all odds and reality and land not just a top 3 pick, but, the number 1 pick.

Is that about right JP?

I would like a lottery pick of any sort to consider packaging it in a trade to help our future.

Kiyaman

Legend
thats true red. but i still feel that we're closer than we think to being serious contenders. it'll take some work, were close yet far meaning we need to hit a homerun this draft, lets just wait and see where we're projected to pick.

DaPrince....I have to LUV your optimisim towards our new regime however....all our Knick Players dont see a future on this team next season with the offseason just 15 games away on a 2010 process team.

If the Knicks win 5 out of the 15 games they are back at the 33 win season they were 2 seasons ago....if they win 10 out of the 15 games they see themselves being traded this offseason.

There is no promise for players on this Knick Team b/c there is no form of "Rebuilding-Mode" from last year this time. Alot of transactions took place however....none of the transaction has brang better performing players or any defensive coaching to show contendership for next season.
Duhon was showing great promise untill we traded for his ex-teammate Larry Hughes and put Hughes on the court with Duhon to see Duhon performance turn into another bad signing like Anthony Roberson.
We will lose Nate & Lee this offseason to FA....whether they are good or bad to some people the main point is they will have to be replaced....by who? will be determined by our new regime.

Gallinari is a overseas "Project" that is going under the knives of his countrymen in Italy....whom healing time may lead to the 2010-11 season when the Knick organization by that time may start their "Rebuilding Process".

We may become contenders in the 2011-12 season with this 2010 Plan today...

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
good points kiya, but in my honest opinion we're going to keep either Nate or Lee whoever comes cheaper, and whoever we decide not to resign we should sign-and-trade at least get something in return

the two pieces we are missing are the hardest to find, defensive stopping C and go-to-guy. once we get those you'll see our win increase by like 10 wins

i just hope Gallo could be ready for the start of next year