Votes: 12 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Paul1355

All Star
knicks should have won this game.

Lee's defense cost us this game....If Wilcox didnt foul out then this game would have gone the Knicks way. Chris Wilcox and Chandler were the only people that actually defended Howard were Lee is just watching the ball like a Highschool bench player.

If Lee is not resigned it's because of his atrocious defense that cost games like this one.

KBlack25

Starter
I was at the game tonight, and I don't know if the announcers commented on it but Nate Robinson made some straight up awful plays at the end of the game. Two possessions in a row, he dribbled out of control into traffic, while the Knicks were within one possession, and turned the ball over. Then on a third possession he jumped in the air without knowing what to do with it (a fundamental mistake). It's games like this that make me wary of making this guy our long term PG, he just seems to make these boneheaded plays sometimes. He doesn't really control his dribble all that well all of the time, and if we have to rely on this guy down the stretch to be under control...well...put it this way, I would rather trust someone else.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
knicks should have won this game.

Lee's defense cost us this game....If Wilcox didnt foul out then this game would have gone the Knicks way. Chris Wilcox and Chandler were the only people that actually defended Howard were Lee is just watching the ball like a Highschool bench player.

If Lee is not resigned it's because of his atrocious defense that cost games like this one.

LMAO,its always Lees fault:rolleyes:!! Was it lees fault that the Magic made so many threes in the forth? no!Was it lees fault that the Knicks guards could'nt stop their guys from driving to the basket? no! Was it lees fault that the Knicks could'nt make a ft the whole game? no! Was it Less fault that he has to guard a seven footer? No!

Its funny how you like to blame just one player for the lost when you watched the whole game.Did you watch the whole game? Its hard to believe you did when you only say one player lost the game.If they would have made their fts in the game the Knicks would have won its that simple!!Trust me I know Lee isn't very good defensivly but if you did'nt see the terrible defense that our guards played then you was'nt paying attention.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
I was at the game tonight, and I don't know if the announcers commented on it but Nate Robinson made some straight up awful plays at the end of the game. Two possessions in a row, he dribbled out of control into traffic, while the Knicks were within one possession, and turned the ball over. Then on a third possession he jumped in the air without knowing what to do with it (a fundamental mistake). It's games like this that make me wary of making this guy our long term PG, he just seems to make these boneheaded plays sometimes. He doesn't really control his dribble all that well all of the time, and if we have to rely on this guy down the stretch to be under control...well...put it this way, I would rather trust someone else.

I had to watch the orlando announcers but I seen those two plays that you was talking about.He shot a three point shot on one possession(terrible shot).Then like you said he drove to the basket out of control and lost the ball and orlando scored.

Kiyaman

Legend
LMAO,its always Lees fault:rolleyes:!! Was it lees fault that the Magic made so many threes in the forth? no!Was it lees fault that the Knicks guards could'nt stop their guys from driving to the basket? no! Was it lees fault that the Knicks could'nt make a ft the whole game? no! Was it Less fault that he has to guard a seven footer? No!

Its funny how you like to blame just one player for the lost when you watched the whole game.Did you watch the whole game? Its hard to believe you did when you only say one player lost the game.If they would have made their fts in the game the Knicks would have won its that simple!!Trust me I know Lee isn't very good defensivly but if you did'nt see the terrible defense that our guards played then you was'nt paying attention.

Cosign

Wilcox fouled out of the game in 17 minutes of playingtime defending the paint from all the Magics guards and Fowards that went passed their Knicks defenders.
I liked Wilcox defensive tenacity jumping in the lane for the block (Jefferies need to do the same), but it leads to early foul-trouble when only one player is defending the paint on a No-Defensive team.
Our coach dont teach or preach team-defense, or have defensive strategy like coach Riley, JVG, or Don Nelson.

The paint should be defended by the Center, PF, and SF, not just one player (David Lee) all game.
Isiah Thomas biggest mistake was trading for offense-only Bigmen C-Curry, PF-Mo Taylor, PF-Zach, SF-Tim Thomas, and SF-Q.Rich, players that high salary says they are 30 minute players.

David Lee would have fouled-out early just like Wilcox did if he tried to defend all the players that beat their man off the dribble slashing to the lane.

I LUV the idea of Larry Hughes getting DNP!
Nate gave us a 10 point lead in the 4th qtr. then did some stupid move that sent Johnson to the foul line....but Dantoni jumping up and down yelling and screaming at Nate after that incident took away Nate's energy and the Knicks 10 point lead.

Giants89FLY

Rotation player
After watching this game, It finally sunk in for me tonight... The Knicks next year, are gonna be a totally different team... I would say almost every player with the exception of maybe 4-5 will be back and the rest will be gone.. These knicks of 2008-09 are dead as we know them... Their days are numbered... And losses like these to the magic, Kings, Nets etc (winable games against mediocre teams) makes me want to end the season right now.. Haven't we suffered enough? Change is needed.. D'antoni has shown he can get alot out of mediocre talent... We need to build for him..

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
I enjoyed the game thread, Jpz, great work:thumbsup:

these two games showed how competitive we can be, as well as how lazy we play against weaker teams. if we had played like this against the nets and sac-town we would have gone 2-2 in the last 4 games.

we got close again in this one, but too many mistakes in the fourth. hopefully we continue to play hard until the end of the season. show the NBA what we're about.