Trade Lee and Nate

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
We can't trade both players away unless you know for sure that you are getting some great talent back.

As good as Nate and Lee have become, i think they are more 'fan favorites' then they are talented / valuable / big players on our team...yes each of course is good in their own way, Nate can go on streaks where he's unstoppable, Dlee is mr consistent with the double doubles...but each also has a ton of growing to do skill wise, and drawbacks to their games...At the end of the day i think we have to look back on the last few seasons and see where they've brought us..i know we're in need of a big star any way, but i think at this point we may be better off with different talent in addition to the hopeful big star...Nate isn't going to be the point guard we need anytime soon, and Dlee isn't going to be the all around big guy we need...if i had to chose one as i've said, Dlee would be a good strong forward to compliment a real center, but i'm thinking it may be best to see what skill players we can get in return..they'll both be asking for some money on top of it too....im just not sure at this point who we'll be able to get for the two...i mean even if we trade them both for Bosh...who else are we going to have? we'll need to get a bunch of other players too...as Bosh, Harrington, Duhon, Q, Wilcox, that obv aint go cut it...

paris401

Starter
As good as Nate and Lee have become, i think they are more 'fan favorites' then they are talented / valuable / big players on our team...yes each of course is good in their own way, Nate can go on streaks where he's unstoppable, Dlee is mr consistent with the double doubles...but each also has a ton of growing to do skill wise, and drawbacks to their games...At the end of the day i think we have to look back on the last few seasons and see where they've brought us..i know we're in need of a big star any way, but i think at this point we may be better off with different talent in addition to the hopeful big star...Nate isn't going to be the point guard we need anytime soon, and Dlee isn't going to be the all around big guy we need...if i had to chose one as i've said, Dlee would be a good strong forward to compliment a real center, but i'm thinking it may be best to see what skill players we can get in return..they'll both be asking for some money on top of it too....im just not sure at this point who we'll be able to get for the two...i mean even if we trade them both for Bosh...who else are we going to have? we'll need to get a bunch of other players too...as Bosh, Harrington, Duhon, Q, Wilcox, that obv aint go cut it...

excellent points/posting...

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
:beer:

As Breen said a few nights ago, Donnie got his work set out for him this off season...i think i'm more excited bout this off season then i was the season :crossfingers:

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
The plan has been to get 2 superstars that make everyone around them better. Then there's zero chance that we re-sign Lee and Nate. I have been supporting this team for the last 19 seasons and would wait one more to finally be competitive enough to win a championship. If we somehow give Lee a 10 mil and Nate 7 mil per, I'm done as a Knick fan. That would mean that the losing will be forth coming for years to come. I haven't been impressed with neither one this year. Both lack major court sense and both are what they are. One is a rebounder, the other is scorer. What else do they do for this team that would deserve such an extension?

I watched all 80 games so far this season and neither one has impressed me the way Chandler and Gallo did! Chandler blocks shots, deflects balls, and will be a 20 and 10 player for sure. Gallo makes people better and has a really high IQ. Is as if he really uses his 6'10 height to see the game from a different level.

No offense but poor Nate reminds me of beetlejuice. As I said before, his antics before and during the game I'm not a fan of. All the dancing and talking to officials need to stop. As for Lee, he's a joke on the defensive end. I can't bear to watch him just put his hands up as Channing Frye used to do. Dammit use your 6'10 frame to freaking block or alter a shot.

Dirk

Benchwarmer
take basebal bats to leg of edy cury put him in weelchair and send to specail olimpic

put lee and nate to laker for gasol then do everythung you can sign bosh cause labron james is not leaving clevelad

smokes

Huge Member
The plan has been to get 2 superstars that make everyone around them better. Then there's zero chance that we re-sign Lee and Nate. I have been supporting this team for the last 19 seasons and would wait one more to finally be competitive enough to win a championship. If we somehow give Lee a 10 mil and Nate 7 mil per, I'm done as a Knick fan. That would mean that the losing will be forth coming for years to come. I haven't been impressed with neither one this year. Both lack major court sense and both are what they are. One is a rebounder, the other is scorer. What else do they do for this team that would deserve such an extension?

I watched all 80 games so far this season and neither one has impressed me the way Chandler and Gallo did! Chandler blocks shots, deflects balls, and will be a 20 and 10 player for sure. Gallo makes people better and has a really high IQ. Is as if he really uses his 6'10 height to see the game from a different level.

No offense but poor Nate reminds me of beetlejuice. As I said before, his antics before and during the game I'm not a fan of. All the dancing and talking to officials need to stop. As for Lee, he's a joke on the defensive end. I can't bear to watch him just put his hands up as Channing Frye used to do. Dammit use your 6'10 frame to freaking block or alter a shot.

Chandler is good, but not 20-10... Maybe 15-5-5 at best.

Gallo is decent, didn't see enough of him but hopefully will be impressed next season.

Agreed that keeping Nate and Lee on a 7/10 million salary is absurd.

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
Metrocard,

Chandler will be a 20 and 10 guy before your eyes. This guy is too athletic and hustles too much to not get those numbers. He is really good defensively and jumps of the freaking roof. Gallo and Chandler complement each other very well, as one does what the other can't. My only knock on Wilson is that his game is raw and doesn't come natural to him. With time, this guy is gonna be really good for us and is a keeper. I can actually see him being a team captain in the five years.

The reason Lee won't be back is because of the growth of Wilson. He can jump into the PF next season and Gallo play at the SG. Get rid of Hughes and Richardson asap. This guys are done. Lets keep building the right way with young players.

As far as Lebron coming here, there are other really good players to choose other than him. So as long as we don't go away from the plan we'll be fine as an organization. Walsh has a plan and is a guy who won with a small market team with the Pacers. Can you imagine what he could do for us, the biggest market? Dammit I can't wait for us kicking some you know what the way we used to do back in the day with Patrick, Oak, Starks, Harper, Mason. I miss those days...

JayJ44

Starter
Metrocard,

Chandler will be a 20 and 10 guy before your eyes. This guy is too athletic and hustles too much to not get those numbers. He is really good defensively and jumps of the freaking roof. Gallo and Chandler complement each other very well, as one does what the other can't. My only knock on Wilson is that his game is raw and doesn't come natural to him. With time, this guy is gonna be really good for us and is a keeper. I can actually see him being a team captain in the five years.

The reason Lee won't be back is because of the growth of Wilson. He can jump into the PF next season and Gallo play at the SG. Get rid of Hughes and Richardson asap. This guys are done. Lets keep building the right way with young players.

As far as Lebron coming here, there are other really good players to choose other than him. So as long as we don't go away from the plan we'll be fine as an organization. Walsh has a plan and is a guy who won with a small market team with the Pacers. Can you imagine what he could do for us, the biggest market? Dammit I can't wait for us kicking some you know what the way we used to do back in the day with Patrick, Oak, Starks, Harper, Mason. I miss those days...

I think Wilson plays better at the SG position. He can take advantage of smaller guards. He's not big enough to play the PF full time, IMO. We could put Wilson at SG and Gallo at SF or PF.

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
Yea that sounds about right, with Chandler at the 2. He can post up on smaller guards like Nick Anderson used to do. But also remember that he blocks shots and we need interior defense. He actually can guard 6'11 players such as Garnett. Chandler can hold his own at PF and blow by taller players also. Kind of like the way Shawn Marion did under D'antoni in Phoenix.

JayJ44

Starter
We could put him at either the 2, 3, or 4, depending on the match up. His versatility is part of what makes him special.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Chandler plays SG.....

No SG gets 20 and 10rebounds.

If Chandler's defense improves, he learns to block on a consistent basis (i think he is our best shot blocker) and he drives to the rim more, he could be a 22-8-5 guy at max.

Plus he is underrated at clutch. He saved our ass yesterday against Orlando.

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
In this system you need Chandler at the PF. The SG has to be someone that can create his own shot and break defenses apart, like a Joe Johnson can. But regardless of his position, he alters shots/deflects balls and whatever he averages point wise he will not give it up on the defensive side. That's why I laugh when people brag about Lee's double-doubles. He avg 16 and 11 but how many points does he give up in the paint? The same can be said of Chicken Curry when he avg 19.5, he gave double that amount versus opponents PF/C. In Shaq's 3-peat with Lakers he was averaging 28 a gm but his opp was scoring less than 10 againts him. Same can be said for Tim Duncan. Stoudamire from Phoenix defense sucks and that's why he is not an elite player just yet. And he is a 25 point scorer. I just don't want people to think that I hate Lee or something, I just want the best for my Knicks.

Last edited:

TunerAddict

Starter
:smokin:Lets Get Ron Artest and have him teach Lee some D

You can't teach someone to have quicker feet.

David just doesn't have the natural born ability to move his feet laterally at a decent rate.

I mean sure, he could train his lateral quickness up, but it will never be on the level of a good defender like Artest.