Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Start him now, let him walk

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Keep his role this season, let him walk

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
This guy is good, WAY better than Jared Jeffries. Sad thing is Donnie most likely won't resign him. In his Knick debut he had 5 boards in 10 minutes. In our shit game against the Kings he had 14 and 9 and looked like the only player out there playing with heart. I would like to have him as our starting center...and resigning him is a major issue, considering Lee and Nate's situation and 2010.

Last edited:

JayJ44

Starter
It's tough to say one way or the other, since he's played so little. I doubt Donnie resigns him, but if he did, I wouldn't be against it.

JayJ44

Starter
Yeah, especially since we're out of the playoff picture. We could see whether or not we want him in our long-term plans.

JayJ44

Starter
Yeah, couldn't hurt. We've started Q-Rich and Jeffries before. Wilcox is better than either of them. In the little time he's played, he's shown promise. Good rebounder, good finisher. I would give it a shot.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Chris Wilcox is a good offensive player. He can dunk, make lay ups, and make short range jumpers. The problem with him is that he doesn't block shots and his rebounding isn't as good as when he was younger. I think a 2 year contract for 6-8 million dollars total would be good for Wilcox. If he wants more than that, though, then the Knicks need to let him walk.

Giants89FLY

Rotation player
I'm indifferent, He's an upgrade over JJ, Curry, and whoever else you want to throw in there... If We resign him I dont care, But is he going to fit in to our long term plans? 2010? If he is then why not?

Chris Wilcox is a good offensive player. He can dunk, make lay ups, and make short range jumpers. The problem with him is that he doesn't block shots and his rebounding isn't as good as when he was younger. I think a 2 year contract for 6-8 million dollars total would be good for Wilcox. If he wants more than that, though, then the Knicks need to let him walk.
cosign abcd. this isnt a life or death decision. Start him here and there this year i guess. If he wants to get payed, he can look elsewhere.

clumsy

Rotation player
if we kept him, i wouldn't be opposed to sign and trading lee.

His offensive games is more limited than David Lee in my opinion, but money matters.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
I'm indifferent, He's an upgrade over JJ, Curry, and whoever else you want to throw in there... If We resign him I dont care, But is he going to fit in to our long term plans? 2010? If he is then why not?

He'd be a good starting center if we don't pick up anything from the draft or through trades. and if we do get something good through a trade, we can trade him. i dont think theres a lot to lose if we do resign him.

Paul1355

All Star
This guy is good, WAY better than Jared Jeffries. Sad thing is Donnie most likely won't resign him. In his Knick debut he had 5 boards in 10 minutes. In our shit game against the Kings he had 14 and 9 and looked like the only player out there playing with heart. I would like to have him as our starting center...and resigning him is a major issue, considering Lee and Nate's situation and 2010.

agreed....it's almost as if every time he throws down a dunk, he's telling Mike D "I'm better than all these other big men, just play me already."

Wilcox should be resigned for a one year deal and start on this team if we can't get an upgrade at Center, defensively.

Wilcox and Lee in the front court with Harrington as the small forward is the best possible 3,4,5 we can have that is consistent.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
agreed. He's gonna come cheap regardless. He's shown what he can do to a degree but he's certainly not worth being concerned about if he does walk in the end.

<fieldset class="fieldset"> <legend>Poll Options</legend> What should we do with Wilcox?
<label for="rb_optionnumber_1"><input name="optionnumber" value="1" id="rb_optionnumber_1" type="radio">Start him now, resign in offseason</label>
<label for="rb_optionnumber_2"><input name="optionnumber" value="2" id="rb_optionnumber_2" type="radio">Start him now, let him walk</label>
<label for="rb_optionnumber_3"><input name="optionnumber" value="3" id="rb_optionnumber_3" type="radio">Keep his role this season, let him walk</label>

</fieldset>
This poll should have as a 4th option:

"Start him now, re-sign if he performs"

Last edited:

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
definitely should be re-signed for one year. see how he does and how he would fit into our future plans.

wilcox plays with more energy and is an intimidator. we really dont have that kind of player.

JayJ44

Starter
He played very well last night. I would even go as far to say he outplayed David Lee. At the very least, he should be starting and getting regular minutes. The only problem, I don't know how conditioned he is. That might be the reason he hasn't played much so far.

Dirk

Benchwarmer
trade him in new york ranger hockey team take back sean avery put sean avery to play point gaurd istead of duhorn