Yall are not going to believe this!

New New York

Quiet Storm
The Clippers are actually considering hiring Isiah Thomas for a front office position! No it is not a GM position, but, how damn desperate are they! Other than the draft tell me one area he showed that he can be of use to any team in The NBA?

Unreal!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4016566

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Maybe they're tanking the upcoming decade? If not, then they really are very, very silly. Perhaps even overly sympathetic.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Thats almost as unbelievable as somebody having "I DON'T WANT LEBRON IN 2010" as his sig.

F Lebron! We are going to only have 22 million in cap space for 2010; so lets play it consevative and say Lebron comes over for 19 million, that leaves 3 million to build a team around him with! The point of sig is to stress there are other ways to build a contender than to just sit around hoping Lebron leaves the his home town team and the best team in The NBA for the rebuilding Knicks.

This is just like the C-Webb to NY thing a few years back that never came to pass. The NY media baits the fans into these stories and people run with it!

Lets Get Realistic about the possibility of Lebron ever being a Knick!

GetRealistic

Starter
F Lebron! We are going to only have 22 million in cap space for 2010; so lets play it consevative and say Lebron comes over for 19 million, that leaves 3 million to build a team around him with! The point of sig is to stress there are other ways to build a contender than to just sit around hoping Lebron leaves the his home town team and the best team in The NBA for the rebuilding Knicks.

This is just like the C-Webb to NY thing a few years back that never came to pass. The NY media baits the fans into these stories and people run with it!

Lets Get Realistic about the possibility of Lebron ever being a Knick!

I understand the fact that we may not get Lebron. My thing is if its possible to get him why wouldn't you want to get him. Put Lebron on this team right now and were a championship contender thats how good he is. He makes everybody around him 10 fold better. His alone would win us games.

At this point we really have no building blocks on this team other then Gallinari and possibly Chandler. I'm not sold on either Lee or Nate at this point and at best case we are only retaining one of them. Hopefully we swing for the fences and hit a massive homerun with this years pick. Also with all of the expiring contracts we have and the ability to sign and trade either Lee or Nate we could land a potential superstar pre Lebron while keeping the money close to the same level.

Also to go with your point of us not having money if we sign Lebron it may be true but plenty of good vets would be more then willing to sign for less to play for Lebron and to play in NY.

With big Z retiring and the money it will take Cleveland to sign Lebron they also won't have the money to surround him with a great supporting cast. Guys like West, Gibson, Varejo, etc have thier stats inflated and production inflated to the point where they will stupidily seek money and move on. By the end of next season are roster should be pretty close to Clevelands overall roster. I mean if David Lee will command 10 + plus million i would have to assume Varejo would get right around that money.

In order to build a great team you need atleast one superstar to build around and guys like Tyson Chandler and Joe Johnson are nice players but are not gong to win championships.

To sum it up. Even if we don't get Lebron the key to the new age NBA is having cap flexibility and being smart with your money. If you enter salary cap hell your going to be in salary cap hell for years. Just look what happened to us with our bad trades and signings. Due to the salary cap and bad management we have been one of the worst teams this decade. The salary cap kills orginizations.

Philadelphia is a nice young team but due to the bad contract they gave AI and Elton Brand they will never be serious competitors. They won't be able to sign Young or Lou Williams because they won't have the money to do it.

The key overall is to get under the cap and go from there. With or without Lebron you can't win in this league without cap flexibility.

New New York

Quiet Storm
I understand the fact that we may not get Lebron. My thing is if its possible to get him why wouldn't you want to get him. Put Lebron on this team right now and were a championship contender thats how good he is. He makes everybody around him 10 fold better. His alone would win us games.

At this point we really have no building blocks on this team other then Gallinari and possibly Chandler. I'm not sold on either Lee or Nate at this point and at best case we are only retaining one of them. Hopefully we swing for the fences and hit a massive homerun with this years pick. Also with all of the expiring contracts we have and the ability to sign and trade either Lee or Nate we could land a potential superstar pre Lebron while keeping the money close to the same level.

Also to go with your point of us not having money if we sign Lebron it may be true but plenty of good vets would be more then willing to sign for less to play for Lebron and to play in NY.

With big Z retiring and the money it will take Cleveland to sign Lebron they also won't have the money to surround him with a great supporting cast. Guys like West, Gibson, Varejo, etc have thier stats inflated and production inflated to the point where they will stupidily seek money and move on. By the end of next season are roster should be pretty close to Clevelands overall roster. I mean if David Lee will command 10 + plus million i would have to assume Varejo would get right around that money.

In order to build a great team you need atleast one superstar to build around and guys like Tyson Chandler and Joe Johnson are nice players but are not gong to win championships.

To sum it up. Even if we don't get Lebron the key to the new age NBA is having cap flexibility and being smart with your money. If you enter salary cap hell your going to be in salary cap hell for years. Just look what happened to us with our bad trades and signings. Due to the salary cap and bad management we have been one of the worst teams this decade. The salary cap kills orginizations.

Philadelphia is a nice young team but due to the bad contract they gave AI and Elton Brand they will never be serious competitors. They won't be able to sign Young or Lou Williams because they won't have the money to do it.

The key overall is to get under the cap and go from there. With or without Lebron you can't win in this league without cap flexibility.

Hmmm....But Clev. will have 25 million (3 more million than us) in cap space with Lebron already on the roster!

They will have a core Lebron is familar with and he likes. Delonte West, Danny Gibson, and All Star Maurice Williams. Do you really think losing players like Anderson V, and Big Z are going to keep Lebron from staying put?

Big Z can be replaced by in 2010 by Brad Miller for less than what they are paying Z now, and take your pick on players who can replace Verajo. They re-sign Big Ben for like a million or so in 2010 again just to keep the another core player. That would still give them about 15 million left to find some players who just might be willing to join Lebron a the Championship contending Cavs.

Lets face it, Clev. has the best chance out of any to have Lebron come opening night 2010-2011!

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Thats almost as unbelievable as somebody having "I DON'T WANT LEBRON IN 2010" as his sig.

I dont want Lebron.

Hes just another role player with the cavs, they dont really have a superstar player.

Big Z
Mo williams
lebronze
delonte west
wally
gibson
ben wallace
varajeo
joe smith

They got a nice team, several role players that play defense. Big Z holds it down in the paint, Mo is a good scorer, lebron does a little bit of everything, big ben defends, delonte is like a smaller lebron, gibson = 3pt shooter, joe smith and varejeo do the dirty work...and wally is a shooter.

Kiyaman

Legend

Cap Flexibility also is having players that are worth the value of their contract no matter how high their pay is. This is the reason why Lakers, Boston, Knicks, Phoenix, and Spurs always stayed in the top ten highest salary teams for the last 50 years.

Layden signed and traded for players that performance was'nt worth half their contracts (except his last offseason trading equally in the Spree for KVH, and signing Mutombo).

Isiah traded ending contracts for long contract players that was only worth half of their salary contract, and every max contract he signed was not worth a one year contract.

But your boy Walsh....is setting us back to the Knick organization we were when Willis Reed coached the Knicks for one season and we got the 3rd pick in the draft and was able to sign a FA center that just one a championship (Bum Webster) that offseason.
Walsh plan is showing he will start rebuilding the Knicks in the 2010-11 season, and through his 2011 Lottery Pick.
:beer:

johnstarky

Rotation player
Isiah Thomas will become Clippers president, will actually make a couple of good trades for the first time in his pathetic existence, will draft a superstar player out of college,turn the Toe Nail Clippers into a championship team while the Knicks will sign Chris Bosh and Joe Johnson in 2010,will make the playoffs 3 years in a row and get eliminated in the 2nd round in all three occassions,Donnie Walsh will then become too old and retire,James Dolan won't find anyone that would want to deal with him or his franchise so he will then offer Isiah Thomas a life long contract that would be worth half of his fortune,Thomas will not resist such an offer and will take a F117 jet to Kennedy Airport in hopes of transforming the organization that he once destroyed and in hopes of looking for more female MSG employees to harrass,after he signs this lifetime contract he will go ahead and trade Chris Bosh for Adam Morrison,Stromile Swift and Tony Battie then he will trade Joe Johnson for Stephon Marbury,Kwame Brown and a 2015 2nd round draft pick.The Knicks will then struggle to win 20 games during the regular season,this will then enrage Knick fans and lead them to bring rocks to Knick games in hopes of throwing them at Isiah.

Last edited:

Toons

is the Bo$$
I dont want Lebron.

Hes just another role player with the cavs, they dont really have a superstar player.

Big Z
Mo williams
lebronze
delonte west
wally
gibson
ben wallace
varajeo
joe smith

They got a nice team, several role players that play defense. Big Z holds it down in the paint, Mo is a good scorer, lebron does a little bit of everything, big ben defends, delonte is like a smaller lebron, gibson = 3pt shooter, joe smith and varejeo do the dirty work...and wally is a shooter.

lebron? role player? lmaooooooooooo hahhahahah
when do role players get mentioned in MVP talks??
MSG, u need to take a rep point away from yourself for that

TunerAddict

Starter
lebron? role player? lmaooooooooooo hahhahahah
when do role players get mentioned in MVP talks??
MSG, u need to take a rep point away from yourself for that

Agreed. As much as I hate LeBron as a person and all the hype he gets, he is a phenomenal player.

LeFlume

All Star
LeBron just another role player, That was funny, Give me that role player pls. He can back up our superstars, Chandler and Q. You think Cavs trade him heads up for Jeffries?