Pursue Bosh. Who's with me?

I just wanna know who agrees. Bosh trade: Good or shit?

• Total voters

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Before someone else does, I believe that trading for Bosh this summer is a solid move for the Knicks.

We need a star. A tall one. That plays at least semi-high level D.

I've been crapping on & on about Bosh coming here since I heard that he's not loving the Raps. Border issues, management clashes & the want to be a ★STAR★ in a city where it actually holds some meaning.

He's not that shot blocker/changer we need, but seriously, we need someone to hand the ball to who'll be reliable with it. He can play D from the baseline to the tip of the arc & has good footwork & lateral movement at near 7 feet.
He has a reliable mid to sometimes long range jump shot & can be baffling for opponents as a lefty.

The question of having Wade or James eventually donning the orange and blue is going out on a very shaky-breaky limb.

We need a star, Bosh can be that star. In my humble opinion.

He's had an off season through being disgruntled and having niggling injuries, but as I've said in the past "He'd be an awesome fit for Mike D's system"

This was the best trade I could figure out with Lee's upcoming sign & trade in the off-season.

1977.jpg
<!-- begin playerStatCont --> Chris Bosh #4 PF

<!-- comp --> <table class="tablehead statCont" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="gamehead"><td colspan="4">2008-09 STATS</td></tr> <tr class="colhead playerStatSub"><td>PPG</td><td>RPG</td><td>BPG</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow playerStats"><td>22.8</td><td>9.5</td><td>0.9</td></tr></tbody></table>
08/09
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$14,410,581[/FONT] - 09/10 [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$15,779,912[/FONT] - 10/11 [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$17,149,243[/FONT]

<!-- begin left column --> <!-- begin player -->
2010.jpg
<!-- begin playerStatCont --> Jason Kapono #24 SG
<!-- comp -->

<table class="tablehead statCont" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="gamehead"><td colspan="4">2008-09 STATS</td></tr> <tr class="colhead playerStatSub"><td>PPG</td><td>APG</td><td>3P%</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow playerStats"><td>8.1</td><td>1.5</td><td>.422</td></tr></tbody></table>
$5m for 2 years

For

2772.jpg
<!-- begin playerStatCont --> David Lee #42 PF - 4 years @ approx $8-9m sign & trade
<!-- comp -->

<table class="tablehead statCont" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="gamehead"><td colspan="4">2008-09 STATS</td></tr> <tr class="colhead playerStatSub"><td>PPG</td><td>RPG</td><td>BPG</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow playerStats"><td>16.1</td><td>11.9</td><td>0.3</td></tr></tbody></table>
<!-- begin left column --> <!-- begin player --> <!-- begin playerStatCont --> <!-- begin left column --> <!-- begin player -->
308.jpg
<!-- begin playerStatCont --> <table class="tablehead statCont" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="oddrow playerStats"></tr><tr class="gamehead"><td colspan="4">2008-09 STATS</td></tr><tr class="colhead playerStatSub"><td>PPG</td><td>RPG</td><td>BPG</td></tr><tr class="oddrow playerStats"><td>20</td><td>6.3</td><td>0.3
</td></tr></tbody></table> <!-- comp -->Al Harrington #7 SF-PF

Chris Bosh, good call? Bad call? I say good.

Cheers:beer:

Nate and D Lee for Bosh?? Im not high on Bosh either. I think he's alittle overrated as a leader. But I'll take him over anything we have right now. He'll aslo be an attractive piece to lure another superstar in 2010

kingDOM312580

Benchwarmer
Hell No! Bosh is the type of player that puts teams in a hole. A notch below superstar player getting a max contract. Bosh is good not great.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Im not with you. Bosh is a soft bum, overrated. We dont need no cottonelle ass toilet paper softies on our team, we have enough of those already. Bosh is a black dirk nowitzki, i would take a younger dirk over bosh.

players like bosh lead their teams to the playoffs (which hes actually failed to do this year), not to the finals. We better think more physical if were lookin to come out of the east one of these years...bosh is a waste of time.
icon13.gif

jpz17

Starter
Bosh is great, picking up him would make guys like LeBron or Wade want to come here more. If we get him there will be others that follow

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Im not with you. Bosh is a soft bum, overrated. We dont need no cottonelle ass toilet paper softies on our team, we have enough of those already. Bosh is a black dirk nowitzki, i would take a younger dirk over bosh.

players like bosh lead their teams to the playoffs (which hes actually failed to do this year), not to the finals. We better think more physical if were lookin to come out of the east one of these years...bosh is a waste of time.
icon13.gif

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Cottonelle.jpg

I think Chris Bosh would be a good fit for the Knicks, but only if the Knicks sorround him with good talent.

A lineup of
PG Duhon
SG Hughes
SF Chandler
PF Bosh
C Jeffries

wouldn't even get the Knicks to the playoffs. The Knicks need improvement at the shooting guard, center, and point guard positions.

Paul1355

All Star
Before someone else does, I believe that trading for Bosh this summer is a solid move for the Knicks.

We need a star. A tall one. That plays at least semi-high level D.

I've been crapping on & on about Bosh coming here since I heard that he's not loving the Raps. Border issues, management clashes & the want to be a ★STAR★ in a city where it actually holds some meaning.

He's not that shot blocker/changer we need, but seriously, we need someone to hand the ball to who'll be reliable with it. He can play D from the baseline to the tip of the arc & has good footwork & lateral movement at near 7 feet.
He has a reliable mid to sometimes long range jump shot & can be baffling for opponents as a lefty.

The question of having Wade or James eventually donning the orange and blue is going out on a very shaky-breaky limb.

We need a star, Bosh can be that star. In my humble opinion.

He's had an off season through being disgruntled and having niggling injuries, but as I've said in the past "He'd be an awesome fit for Mike D's system"

This was the best trade I could figure out with Lee's upcoming sign & trade in the off-season.

1977.jpg
<!-- begin playerStatCont --> Chris Bosh #4 PF

<!-- comp --> <table class="tablehead statCont" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="gamehead"><td colspan="4">2008-09 STATS</td></tr> <tr class="colhead playerStatSub"><td>PPG</td><td>RPG</td><td>BPG</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow playerStats"><td>22.8</td><td>9.5</td><td>0.9</td></tr></tbody></table>
08/09
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$14,410,581[/FONT] - 09/10 [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$15,779,912[/FONT] - 10/11 [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$17,149,243[/FONT]

2010.jpg
<!-- begin playerStatCont --> Jason Kapono #24 SG
<!-- comp -->

<table class="tablehead statCont" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="gamehead"><td colspan="4">2008-09 STATS</td></tr> <tr class="colhead playerStatSub"><td>PPG</td><td>APG</td><td>3P%</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow playerStats"><td>8.1</td><td>1.5</td><td>.422</td></tr></tbody></table>
$5m for 2 years

For

2772.jpg
<!-- begin playerStatCont --> David Lee #42 PF - 4 years @ approx $8-9m sign & trade
<!-- comp -->

<table class="tablehead statCont" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="gamehead"><td colspan="4">2008-09 STATS</td></tr> <tr class="colhead playerStatSub"><td>PPG</td><td>RPG</td><td>BPG</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow playerStats"><td>16.1</td><td>11.9</td><td>0.3</td></tr></tbody></table>
<!-- begin left column --> <!-- begin player --> <!-- begin playerStatCont --> <!-- begin left column --> <!-- begin player -->
308.jpg
<!-- begin playerStatCont --> <table class="tablehead statCont" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="oddrow playerStats"></tr><tr class="gamehead"><td colspan="4">2008-09 STATS</td></tr><tr class="colhead playerStatSub"><td>PPG</td><td>RPG</td><td>BPG</td></tr><tr class="oddrow playerStats"><td>20</td><td>6.3</td><td>0.3
</td></tr></tbody></table> <!-- comp -->Al Harrington #7 SF-PF

Chris Bosh, good call? Bad call? I say good.

Cheers:beer:

that trade is perfect....Lee is a defensive liability and Bosh would have better numbers than Lee if he was a Knick. Bosh could finally be our offensive go-to-guy that we haven't had since Allan Houston.

We are a three point shooting team and no other player would be better than Jason Kapono who is a fantastic player from beyond the arc.

Harrington is a good scorer but shoots the ball more than everyone on the team....I can take away Harrington's scoring and Lee's rebounding for Bosh and Kapono.

LeFlume

All Star
Some members on this board see him as soft and overrated and bla bla bla. I think a new environment would do him nothing but good. He havn't been happy in Toronto for a long time. He would be reborn and when his game face is on. It's ON. He is a great player. I would like too see him in orange and blue.

JayJ44

Starter
Chris Bosh is the perfect big man for this system. He can shoot, run the floor, good post up and face up game. He's a pretty good defender too, he played very well defensively in the Olympics. I would do Crazy8s' trade in a heartbeat. Might not be enough for the Raptors though. We could throw in Nate, or Chandler and our 1st rounder.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Chris Bosh is the perfect big man for this system. He can shoot, run the floor, good post up and face up game. He's a pretty good defender too, he played very well defensively in the Olympics. I would do Crazy8s' trade in a heartbeat. Might not be enough for the Raptors though. We could throw in Nate, or Chandler and our 1st rounder.
That's my major concern, is that we'd have to give up too much for him.
Harrington, Lee & a pick just seems too much to me.

Maybe if we were to throw in the expiring contract of Hughes & some additional cash? Maybe a free years access to NY's ritziest brothel with an all oriphice access card? Who'd say no to that?

Then (if possible) sign AI to a mle?

Either way, I'd love to have a 5 next year of.

Nate
AI (huge IF) so long as it's on the cheap.
Chandler
Bosh
Wilcox

With Gallinari, Duhon, A fit Eddy Curry (never to be traded) Jeffries, Richardson & a dirt cheap Ewing Jr along with whoever we sign on draft night. Hopefully Thabeet or a decent pg and we pick up a shot blocker in the mean time.

If we could sign Iverson to a mid level exception and trade the expiring contract of Hughes along with cash, we'd have a very decent team with an obvious upgrade at almost all positions in the starting 5.

I'm dead sick of a-holes making pointless assumptions on this site, but I dare say the afore mentioned team would be a 7th or 8th seed in the East.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
I honestly feel that if we trade for Bosh and a SG in Kapono that the Raptors will not want two forwards.They will want a forward and a SG back b/c trading them two forwards will give them to many forwards imo.The trade would have to be

Raptors trade
F/C Bosh
SG Kapono

Knicks trade
SF/PFHarrington
PG/SG Nate or SG Chandler

OR

Raptors trade
F/CBosh
SG Kapono

Knicks trade
PF/Lee
PG/SG Nate or SG Chandler

LeFlume

All Star
I would be surprised if Raptors decide to trade their franchise player for less than another franchise player. They need someone they can build their team around. No one on their current roster have what it takes to be labeled a franchise player. Without Bosh their chances of getting a franchise player 2010 are slim. I can't imagine that any of the top of the 2010 FA would want to spend the rest of their career in a hockey town.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I would be surprised if Raptors decide to trade their franchise player for less than another franchise player. They need someone they can build their team around. No one on their current roster have what it takes to be labeled a franchise player. Without Bosh their chances of getting a franchise player 2010 are slim. I can't imagine that any of the top of the 2010 FA would want to spend the rest of their career in a hockey town.
Bosh has already stated outright that "He wont be re-signing with the Raptors after he becomes a free agent."

The Raptors past success has all been relevant to their draft picks.

Camby, McGrady & Carter were all traded or sought a trade. The Canadian dollar is low and Americans want to play in America. They won't be signing anyone in 2010 worth signing because their financial & geographical situation won't allow.

Given their history of losses, I'm sure they'd be treading warily to NOT have Bosh just walk as a free agent, receiving nothing in return.

A 16 & 12 forward and a 20ppg forward (with an expiring contract) I'm sure would look pretty appealing as opposed to nothing.

They don't have much of a choice but to make the best out of a shitty situation. We have a chance to expose their bad luck & Donnie should go after it.

richtree

Rotation player
Bosh is not worth anything....

his stock keeps dipping and hasn't shown he can win

Tell Bosh Spice to Stay w/ the girls in Canada

metrocard

Legend

icon13.gif

You never been wrong.

You guys should go to a stat site and peep out how many jumpshots Bosh takes.

Bosh is a 6"10 SF...

He's not a real big man.

We have our SF in Gallinari...hopefully if he stays alive.

We need to get a Blake Griffin, Howard, Stoudimire type big man.