Should Curry receive playingtime?

Kiyaman

Legend
I played a big part in all of the Eddie Curry jokes....but all jokes a side....when Curry came back to the team after his off the court family lost he seem to want something to do to take his mind off of what just happen to his family.

The Knicks had a little over 27 games left in the season when Curry return....inwhich the Knick rotation could've used a 5 minute Curry in the 2nd qtr. of each game to get him into game shape plus practice halfcourt low-post moves with a center during games for just 5 minutes.

The Knicks having 25 games left in the season would've looked decent adding 3 new players into their rotation (C-Curry, PF-Wilcox, and SG-Hughes) for 5 to 10 minutes of playingtime each in the first half of each game.
The steady playingtime given to these 3 players would've had each player working hard at applying their best talents in the short minutes of playingtime:

1) Curry is a low post scorer (only good talent)
2) Wilcox is a slashing put-back rebounder with size to blockout
3) Hughes is a Big-Guard adding defense to the passing lane

Giving these 3-players short playingtime for them to perform at their best talents would've been a start to getting the rest of the players in the rotation to stop deterring from playing to their best talents.

Curry would've been the best player to use as a sample to all his teammates to start playing and performing at the talents they do best and so well....
Larry Hughes has no offense so pass the ball and stop acting like he is Lebron James running the ball up court to shoot it himself (Nate too at times), Jefferies is no jump-shooter so he should look to pass the ball and commit 5 hard fouls defending the paint, Q.Rich is a catch and shoot player so stop dribbling the ball and help on defending the passing lane and rebounding, Lee should shoot the ball 15 ft and closer to the basket and commit hard fouls by defending by putting his bigbody on defender with 6 minutes remaining in the game, and in the 4th qtr. the guards Duhon, Nate, and Hughes should always help their bigmen teamates defend the paint by commiting the foul first so their bigmen dont get call for the foul....thats how the Spurs keep Duncan out of foul trouble in crunchtime.

Giving Eddie Curry his first playingtime of the season (2 minutes) with 10 games left in the season shows what purpose when knowing Curry history???

George M.

Benchwarmer
I played a big part in all of the Eddie Curry jokes....but all jokes a side....when Curry came back to the team after his off the court family lost he seem to want something to do to take his mind off of what just happen to his family.

The Knicks had a little over 27 games left in the season when Curry return....inwhich the Knick rotation could've used a 5 minute Curry in the 2nd qtr. of each game to get him into game shape plus practice halfcourt low-post moves with a center during games for just 5 minutes.

The Knicks having 25 games left in the season would've looked decent adding 3 new players into their rotation (C-Curry, PF-Wilcox, and SG-Hughes) for 5 to 10 minutes of playingtime each in the first half of each game.
The steady playingtime given to these 3 players would've had each player working hard at applying their best talents in the short minutes of playingtime:

1) Curry is a low post scorer (only good talent)
2) Wilcox is a slashing put-back rebounder with size to blockout
3) Hughes is a Big-Guard adding defense to the passing lane

Giving these 3-players short playingtime for them to perform at their best talents would've been a start to getting the rest of the players in the rotation to stop deterring from playing to their best talents.

Curry would've been the best player to use as a sample to all his teammates to start playing and performing at the talents they do best and so well....
Larry Hughes has no offense so pass the ball and stop acting like he is Lebron James running the ball up court to shoot it himself (Nate too at times), Jefferies is no jump-shooter so he should look to pass the ball and commit 5 hard fouls defending the paint, Q.Rich is a catch and shoot player so stop dribbling the ball and help on defending the passing lane and rebounding, Lee should shoot the ball 15 ft and closer to the basket and commit hard fouls by defending by putting his bigbody on defender with 6 minutes remaining in the game, and in the 4th qtr. the guards Duhon, Nate, and Hughes should always help their bigmen teamates defend the paint by commiting the foul first so their bigmen dont get call for the foul....thats how the Spurs keep Duncan out of foul trouble in crunchtime.

Giving Eddie Curry his first playingtime of the season (2 minutes) with 10 games left in the season shows what purpose when knowing Curry history???
Hey Kiya,check out the games of all our D-League call ups very closely.I anticipate we will draft our future point guard this draft and the D-League call ups will be in the starting 5 in the summer league.Mark my words.

Kiyaman

Legend
the direction this new regime took us in after just one year....we will be a consecutive lottery team untill the 2012 offseason.
The cap flexibility will have us shopping in the D.League season after season untill we could get 2 to 3 star players out of the draft.

TunerAddict

Starter
the direction this new regime took us in after just one year....we will be a consecutive lottery team untill the 2012 offseason.
The cap flexibility will have us shopping in the D.League season after season untill we could get 2 to 3 star players out of the draft.

As opposed to Isiah Thomas' regime which would have left us as a lottery team until the 2020s?

paris401

Starter
should curry get playing time??? I say yessss ...in the sandbox at the local McDonalds.. afterall thats where he is spending most of his time

CoolClyde

Curry Sauce

the Knicks need to play Curry, so other teams can see that this unprofessional fatass has SOME potential. he needs to be traded, he needs to be OFF this team ASAP. He is the 2nd coming of Jerome James, took the Knicks money and didn't conduct himself like a professional NBA player, coming into camp out of shape. The Knicks gave up so much for him, and he rewarded the Knicks with 1 season of semi-decent ball. If the Knicks had any shot of making the playoffs, I'd say NO, do not play the lardass, but since we're now looking at a lottery pick, I say YES - we have nothing to lose... except maybe 30 pounds...

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Yes he should

Guys we all can agree that Curry has done nothing since putting on a Knicks jersey.We all know that his days of being a Knick are numbered b/c he does'nt fit in this system.I do feel sorry for the man thow b/c of everything that he has been threw this year.Not getting to play is one thing but losing a child and ex girlfriend is something way more different.Did'nt he also get robbed??I would not have thought in a million years that he would even want to play any more this season but he did and I applaud him for even stepping out on that court.

He has been beat up on this site for a very long time by everybody.I hope you all feel the same way that I do thow.I wish him nothing but the best here and when he leaves.I hope he enjoys the rest of his career and I hope he has a good career at that.I don't know Curry and never will know him but I honestly think he is a decent person.He just needs another team for him to go to to restart his career.

dave2138

Rotation player
You think trying to do the same thing that Golden State is doing to Jamal Crawford would work with Curry?

I mean you can't threaten Curry to either opt out of his contract or be traded because obviously they tried all season to trade him.

I wonder though if by saying opt out or you won't play a minute over the next 2 years with the knicks would change his mind.

If Curry wants to prove himself, I'm sure he would rather play somewhere else like in Sacramento, Washington where he might get some minutes. Even if he was making the league minimum by signing there as a FA, it still might be more profitable to him in the long run if he was then able to sign another contract somewhere else the next year and be the next Jerome James.

- All he needs is a little bit of health over the next 2 years and a hot streak, and he gets 4 years 24 mil from a team desperate for a center.

- If Walsh/DAntoni make it clear that he won't get that chance to prove that he can still play with the Knicks..maybe its in his best interest to opt out..no?

Kiyaman

Legend
Should've got playingtime earlier in season

I blame Curry for alot of things but I also put most blame on the Knick management....we invested $85M and a first rounder for Curry & James to be our Center in the 2004 offseason.
We did not invest in a bigman-coach or a defensive-coach to add to our coaching-staff to improve the talents of these 2 bigmen....what we did instead was invest in making Larry Brown the highest paid coach in the NBA.
Coach Larry Brown made a joke of this Knick organization to show his past long emotional hatred for G.M. Isiah Thomas by not working with 6-players to define a starting-5 unit in 82 games.

Now we have a new regime with coach Dantoni showing his past long emotional hatred for Marbury by DNP Marbury for 82 games using an out of shape Curry in training-camp as part of his explanation for DNP both Marbury & Curry. Training-Camp was in October 2008....why was Curry still out of shape in December 2008? what was the Knicks coaching-staff doing for 2 to 4 months to get Curry into shape? we are talking about a $10M per player not a $2M player the majority of NBA teams owners and management would be comming down and visiting practice to see the developement of such an investment....or did our new regime have no-plans of using Curry in this 82 game season?
Coach Scott Skiles got an out of shape Curry to lead the Chicago Bulls to their first playoffs since the Jordan era....Coach Larry Brown got an out of shape Curry to lead the Knicks on the longest winning streak (6 games) they had in the last 3 seasons....Coach Isiah Thomas got an out of shape Curry to lead his injury prone Knick team to having a 29-34 record before the players abandon ship on Isiah Thomas.

With 10 games left in the season coach Dantoni desides to give Curry playingtime....when PG-Nate throwed the ball way above Curry head was the sign that Curry has not been in any scrimage-games in practice this season....so why give Curry playingtime? to embarrassed Curry or to get his trading value lower than what it is?

And No! rumor has it that Curry has not been on the Knicks trading block all season. The trades that took place on the trading deadline is proof of that....Project Curry is a low post scorer 56% FG...

Kiyaman

Legend
The most important thing about Curry is his $9M salary this season and his low-post scoring.
What would've been the reaction we would have gotten this season from Curry & Jerome James ($85M investment) when we drafted Brook Lopez whom was a 5th round pick in the 2008 draft? Which gives u 3-Centers

Dantoni already had plans of grabbing FA-Duhon while in Phoenix so before draft night Dantoni knew he was adding PG-Duhon to the list of Knick guards PG/SG-Marbury, SG-Crawford, PG/SG-Nate, and PG-Collins.
Which gives u 5-Guards.

What Dantoni did not think was important was our Fowards which does all the rebounding....we had Balkman, Lee, and Zach....which was the 3-strongest-rebounders on this team to average 43-rebounds as a team.
To give up one (Balkman) of our rebounders and get no rebounder to replace him may not hurt the team much.
But to give up two (Balkman & Zach) of our rebounders and get nothing to replace them but a person to pick up their pay check is a "sign" of cluelessness or tanking in our new regime.
u pick?

The Knicks having 7-Fowards under contract before the 2008 draft of Zach, Malik, Q.Richardson, Jefferies, Lee, Balkman, and Chandler (above $40M salary this season)....adding another foward to this $$$ list of Fowards the new foward (Gallo) would have to be sold as Larry Bird....for the manager to explain to his boss.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

paris401

Starter
curry with 2 years left in HIS option, ain't going nowhere

with 21m owed, he is toooo expensive for another team to pick up as a 'project'..

wide-load is here to stay.

LeFlume

All Star
Yes, Play him. Let him be selfish, Use him as a go to guy, Put the ball in his hands. Build up his confidence. Who knows whats gonna happen between now and next seasons trade deadline. A few injuries on some bigs and they might take a look at him. Better to have him ready than not..