What happened to Balkman Last Night

Italian Stallion

Benchwarmer
What happened to Balkman last night after all the talk about how the Knicks made such a big mistake trading him? LOL

I think Balkman is a decent player. He doesn’t have an outside shot and can’t hit free throws, but at least he knows it. He scores efficiently inside, rebounds better than the average SF, and plays very good defense. IMO, he just has to be teamed with players that can compensate for his lower than average offensive skill/production. He’s a role player.

The thing that makes me laugh is that he has some fans that think he’s very underrated, better than Chandler, and that it was a huge error to give him away etc…

I am looking forward to a few years from now when Chandler has improved his shot selection and actual skill level in multiple areas and Balkman is still riding the pine because he can’t hit a shot. Of course they will probably still insist all these coaches and managments are wrong about Balkman. ROTFLMAO

Last edited:

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
Balkman was the typical NY player...awful shooting and over all player, but hustles real hard and has a nice dunk everyonce in a while....nothings changed, he can't shoot for his life, the only thing he can do is have a nice dunk everyonce in a while...glad to have seen him go...we need less players who just 'hustle real hard' and more who are just good players

paris401

Starter
Balkman was the typical NY player...awful shooting and over all player, but hustles real hard and has a nice dunk everyonce in a while....nothings changed, he can't shoot for his life, the only thing he can do is have a nice dunk everyonce in a while...glad to have seen him go...we need less players who just 'hustle real hard' and more who are just good players

awful shooter, but hustles real hard, has a nice dunk once in a while, you sure you are not talking about david lee...

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Did anybody else see that block Chandler had againist him? Chandler blocked the ball so hard that Balkman fell to the ground.

Kiyaman

Legend
All this talk on Balkman sounds like the same ole talk about Pippin, Mason, Billups, Christie, Prince, Bowen, and Ariza in their early stages in the NBA.
But it's cool b/c it comes from fans who only knows how to evaluate the offensive side of the court. When DEFENSE wins games.

The last time the Knicks beat the Lebron Cavs it was Balkman putting the Tazman-defense on Lebron James that made Lebron want to fight Balkman for playing him so close.

Balkman B-Ball IQ, speed, and passing skillz is better than our upcomming star Wilson Chandler....but I'm sure Balkman & Chandler crack big jokes on Gallinari throughout all the summer league practice together which caused the immediate trade of Balkman.

Balkman is a better Starter at the SF position than Q.Rich & Jefferies put together...
The reason why Brook Lopez was the 6th pick of the draft we got nothing from Curry & James the previous season.