Did anyone see this?!

Giants89FLY

Rotation player
http://www.theknicksblog.com/2009/04/01/lee-almost-a-nugget/

- ""According to Hoopsworld.com, David Lee was pretty close to becoming a Denver Nugget.
But how close did a potential deal actually come to being completed? Apparently close enough for members of the Nuggets
to engage Lee in dialogue about the possibility of having him in a Nugget uniform prior to Tuesday’s game in Denver.
“We’ll see what happens this summer, but a couple of their players and other people said that to me tonight,” Lee admitted. ” And they said that the last time they played in New York, that they tried (to consummate a trade). You know, the NBA is a business. I love it in New York and hopefully I’ll be there a long time, but you never know what’s going to happen.”
We will go down this road again during the summer. Linas Kleiza, who is also a RFA this summer and a small forward, along with one draft pick was not fair value for David Lee before the deadline. First of all, we would have had to give Kleiza a contract after this year. Second, Kleiza plays the same position as Wilson Chandler.
Lee can garner some serious interest this summer. I am not so sure that he can be used to acquire a superstar, but he will have value. However, since these apparent talks with Denver, I think Lee has hurt his stock a bit. He has proven to the league that no matter how many points he can score,""

Wouldnt it be Fitting? We kept Lee at the deadline this year.. He'll probably walk this summer sign a big contract and we get dick in return... Figures.. I read this article and threw up everywhere... Why would he say something like this when their is still games left to be played? Typical right?

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
With all the trade speculation, he's probably heard enough about himself as an asset and decided that if that's all he is, he's gonna be all about David Lee come ca$h hour.

It's absolutely crucial to get something in return for him & not pay him over much before doing so.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Let Lee walk I say, look I like him and all, but he is going to be expensive for a player who doesnt play a lick of D! Not signing Lee would be like moving Curry's contract off the books.

If we don't re-sign Lee then we will have something like 32 million in cap to fill in some of the pieces to make us a good team.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Let Lee walk I say, look I like him and all, but he is going to be expensive for a player who doesnt play a lick of D! Not signing Lee would be like moving Curry's contract off the books.

If we don't re-sign Lee then we will have something like 32 million in cap to fill in some of the pieces to make us a good team.

word man i agree if he comes at like 7-8 mil fine anymore then that sign-and-trade and try and get Amare in return or something.

ZonaFan

Rookie
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class="
altrow1
"><TD class=topictitle id=MS_52568662>Mike Francesca and a WILDCAT booster report that Mike D'Antoni was talked to about becoming ARIZONA WILDCATS coach last year, again a few months ago, and NY NBC Mike Francesca says that he has heard that D'Antoni may be throwing his name in the coaching circle at Arizona.

- he said New York isn't the place for him, and that he really misses being around the state of arizona, and would thrive in coaching basketball in the NCAA.

-also mentioned D'ANTONI could become the next John Calipari because of his offensive philosophy and would charm recruits with his personality.

-New York Knicks are aware of ARIZONA discussion and believes the KNICKS would let him go.

-multiple UA BOOSTERS have been pursuing him since February

-----------------------

ARIZONA BOOSTER that I know said that D'antoni loves Tucson, and that all UA administrators would go for this deal. The only problem is timing and that Arizona might not have the time to wait untill the end of NBA season.

</TD></TR><TR class=ratingtd1><TD>rate it Reply | Quote | Edit</TD></TR><TR class="
altrow2
"><TD class=topicmemberinfo rowSpan=2>
  • <LI class=username>ised8m <LI class=tpmemberstatus>
    subscriberbadge.gif
    <LI class=tpmemberstatus>Diehard <LI class=tpmemberinfo>Rating: 3.1/5 this site <LI class=tpmemberinfo>716 posts this site <LI class=tpmemberinfo>Ignore this Member
</TD><TD class=topictitle id=MS_52569415>Nominate | Report Posted: Today 8:34 AM
Re: going after NYK 'coach' MIKE D'ANTONI ; multiple sources

<HR>I don't think we should worry about a time line, just get the right guy. Next year is probably a bust regardless of what is done.

</TD></TR><TR class=ratingtd2><TD>rate it Reply | Quote</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Lee wants to stay!!

David Lee wants to stay with Knicks
BY Matt Gagne
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Friday, April 3rd 2009, 4:00 AM

Whenever David Lee faced questions about his future or the possibility of being traded this season, the typical response was some variation of: Those aren't my decisions to make, and I doubt the front office cares about what I have to say.

But with seven games left in the season and free agency right around the corner, Lee made a pitch Thursday to remain a Knick as the organization looks to continue its rebuilding phase, with an eye toward landing a pair of big-name free agents during the summer of 2010.

"I've really taken to what Coach (Mike) D'Antoni and everybody are doing around here, and the culture has really improved, and I think they have a good plan moving forward to make this a very successful team," Lee said at the Knicks' practice facility in Greenburgh. "I'd love to be a part of that, and hopefully that works out."

The comments came two days after an Internet report said Lee was on the trading block in December and again at February's trading deadline, with the Nuggets looking to acquire his services both times. Lee, according to the report on hoopsworld.com, said he was approached before Tuesday's game in Denver by "a couple of their players and other people" about those potential trades and the possibility of someday wearing a Nuggets uniform.

With both Lee and Nate Robinson poised to become free agents this offseason, the Knicks likely won't be able to re-sign both players and still create enough space under the salary cap for their free-agent push in 2010. So the front office has some decisions ahead.

"You always evaluate as a coach and as an organization how you show up for practice and how conduct yourself in tough times, and these are tough times," D'Antoni said. "This requires being professional - you're always evaluating."