LEBRON: new york loves me.

Scribbles

Rotation player
LeBron rejecting the Knicks in 2010 is the best thing for this club if you really think about it.

We need to hurl boos at someone....on other team.

Something that'll give Knicks fans and players more unity and to play with something that the team has lacked this decade.

Pride.

The Garden fans are too divided these days.

One minute we boo our own players on intros next minute we're chanting MVP for Kobe.

WTF has the Garden turned into.

LeBron fits the bill as the perfect person to boo and hate LOL.

ZonaFan

Rookie
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class="
altrow1
"><TD class=topictitle id=MS_52568662>Mike Francesca and a WILDCAT booster report that Mike D'Antoni was talked to about becoming ARIZONA WILDCATS coach last year, again a few months ago, and NY NBC Mike Francesca says that he has heard that D'Antoni may be throwing his name in the coaching circle at Arizona.

- he said New York isn't the place for him, and that he really misses being around the state of arizona, and would thrive in coaching basketball in the NCAA.

-also mentioned D'ANTONI could become the next John Calipari because of his offensive philosophy and would charm recruits with his personality.

-New York Knicks are aware of ARIZONA discussion and believes the KNICKS would let him go.

-multiple UA BOOSTERS have been pursuing him since February

-----------------------

ARIZONA BOOSTER that I know said that D'antoni loves Tucson, and that all UA administrators would go for this deal. The only problem is timing and that Arizona might not have the time to wait untill the end of NBA season.

</TD></TR><TR class=ratingtd1><TD>rate it Reply | Quote | Edit</TD></TR><TR class="
altrow2
"><TD class=topicmemberinfo rowSpan=2>
  • <LI class=username>ised8m <LI class=tpmemberstatus>
    subscriberbadge.gif
    <LI class=tpmemberstatus>Diehard <LI class=tpmemberinfo>Rating: 3.1/5 this site <LI class=tpmemberinfo>716 posts this site <LI class=tpmemberinfo>Ignore this Member
</TD><TD class=topictitle id=MS_52569415>Nominate | Report Posted: Today 8:34 AM
Re: going after NYK 'coach' MIKE D'ANTONI ; multiple sources

<HR>I don't think we should worry about a time line, just get the right guy. Next year is probably a bust regardless of what is done.

</TD></TR><TR class=ratingtd2><TD>rate it Reply | Quote</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

ANU

Starter
LeBron rejecting the Knicks in 2010 is the best thing for this club if you really think about it.

We need to hurl boos at someone....on other team.

Something that'll give Knicks fans and players more unity and to play with something that the team has lacked this decade.

Pride.

The Garden fans are too divided these days.

One minute we boo our own players on intros next minute we're chanting MVP for Kobe.

WTF has the Garden turned into.

LeBron fits the bill as the perfect person to boo and hate LOL.

it's come along way from this.....
I've never heard a louder fan base on tv before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA7JVEHbuG4

Scribbles

Rotation player
Funny cuz today somebody told me the truest statement I've heard in awhile.

"The only thing worse than the Knicks are Knicks fans"

But I dunno...the loudest crowd noise I ever ever heard in basketball. Has to be hands down the Horry buzzer beater.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/A_fhwqXmUMk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/A_fhwqXmUMk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

That was something else, you cant even hear Marv at one point LMAO.</object>

Last edited:

Scribbles

Rotation player
Vlade was tight LMAO

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0LfNQePa7Pc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0LfNQePa7Pc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
I'm not sure what i want him to do right now, if he's more prone to come here after winning a championship then I hope he wins one so he can feel good bout leaving...if he needs to get knocked out in the first round this season and next to make him want to leave more then i hope that happens...

people need to stop bs-ing around with all this 'we don't want LB, we need someone to hate!' and start coming to there damn senses that he's the only one that can bring this team out of the dumpster and into contention...yes right now he's a good player on an opposing team, we shouldn't be cheering him on, but quit acting like getting him wouldn't be the biggest thing this franchise ever did....i hope whatever makes him want to leave whether thats winning or not happens so he can come the the city of dreams and give NY something to cheer about in basketball.

Scribbles

Rotation player
Relax. LeBron is not going anywhere.

I'm done falling for his marketing scheme. That's just his ploy to up the bidding and asking price for him. Not to mention, he's keeping his name and fanbase buzzing everywhere for a potential landing on their favorite team.

It doesn't hurt LeBron 0, it only makes him richer. In fact, it hurts us even more because come 2010 he will not sign with anyone besides CLE.

This is the same treatment MJ deployed on the league.

LBJ is no MJ but he sure does like to jock him in everything Mike did.

Really...Chris Bosh and Amare are the only guys that will get moved whether by trade or free agency.

D. Wade = Miami's greatest player ever. Is there even a question? They got him resigned.

LBJ = Cleveland's greatest player ever. Is there even a question? They got him resigned.

Let's stop dreaming....

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
well hopefully you're wrong...LeBron isn't staying in Ohio his whole career, just isn't going to happen..no way he's going to be the first billionaire athlete playing for the Cavs...and it's quite obvious that's what he wants from this game..yes right now he wants a ring, doesn't have one yet so thats his top priority, but he's going to get one no matter where he's at...from the 60 min. interview and everything else, you can tell he wants to be bigger then the game itself more then anything, and coming to NY is going to make that happen..i think there's a pretty good chance he'll come here..if he does, it's not going to be because his team in Clev. is bad, or thinks he can easily win a championship in NY, it's because he knows what playing in center of the country will do for himself once he brings bball in NY to the top..

if he doesn't come obviously we need to get some other players, you don't need LeBron star status player to win, as evidence by the Celtics, but you have to have a few semi stars.. Amare doesn't fit into that catagory for me anymore...he isn't a go to guy down 2 with 10 left..we need a buzzer beater go to guy...i don't think Bosh is even that nowadays, i mean look how bad they are in Toronto...but we'll see what happens when the time comes..as long as we keep cuttin our salary the possibilities will be good..i'd love to get a Dirk on our team...but my eyes are on LeBron..i think there's a good chance he'll be playin at the Garden...he isn't doing this as some hollow publicity stunt, the dude doesn't need the money, or should i say, he doens't need to pretend like he'd leave in order for Clev. to give him as much as he wants...it ain't about the money in that perspective...he can get paid as much as he wants from a team no matter where he goes...it's where else that money will come where he decides to play... i can't even imagine what it'd be like with LeBron in NY...the Knicks being a team on the same level as other NY sports...seeing the Knicks on National Tv / TNT every other night, it's going to be like nothing i've ever seen with Knicks basketball if it happens

Scribbles

Rotation player
Don't mean to pick on you but please elaborate as to how NY will help him become bigger than the game.

I am the #1 LeBron enthusiast to come here but I'm keeping it rational.

1) He's already the biggest player in the NBA next to Kobe.

2) His endorsement deals will not grow bigger in an economic landslide. Being in NY will not do anything. He's already everywhere you look and hear basketball around here (NYC.)

If MJ would have come to NY, would it have been any bigger? Not really, cuz he was already the face of the league.

3) He doesn't need NY unless he's looking to establish himself as an absolute traitor. Plus our team will improve by 2010 but not by much. Does he really want to trade down roster talent?

4) He's at home in Ohio where the Cavs have literally changed everything about their franchise for LeBron. If he'd turn his back on them, that would forever linger with him throughout his career. I don't think he wants to keep answering those questions. ESPECIALLY IN THE NY MEDIA.

He's in Cleveland. So what? It's not Vancouver we're talking about. Cleveland is still a pretty large urban city like Chicago like New York. LeBron doesn't need NY.

NY needs LeBron.

That being said, LeBron is not going anywhere.

dave2138

Rotation player
I don't buy that Lebron will choose Cleveland over NY based on the fact that he has a better chance to win a championship there. What does Cleveland have to look forward to from 2010+, they will only have Williams, Varajao and West guaranteed to be there. Cleveland has just as good a chance at adding a "Scottie Pippen" with the cap room they will have as the knicks do.

The only question is how loyal is Lebron to Cleveland? They really have nothing to offer him more than NY except the comfort in having played there his whole career.

You are 100% right though scribbles that the NBA and NY needs Lebron more than Lebron needs NY.

I don't think though that Lebron needs Cleveland more than he needs NY. I think his decision will ultimately be whats best for the sport and that is him being a hero in NY.

JayJ44

Starter
People say that Lebron is already everywhere, and being in NY wouldn't make a difference. I disagree. To us basketball fans, maybe it doesn't make a difference because we already know him very well from watching the NBA. But people who don't watch sports barely know who he is. Lebron wants to reach that level where everyone knows his name, even people who have nothing to do with the NBA. He can't do that in Cleveland, because Cleveland sucks. They have nothing but the rock and roll hall of fame. It's probably one of the most uninteresting spots in the USA. If he were to come to NY, he would be in movies, commercials, his face would really be all over the place. There is a huge difference between him playing in Cleveland and him in NY.

dave2138

Rotation player
what are the chances of him not opting out of his contract, spend 1 more year there and then sign with the Knicks in 2010/2011 off season with Curry and Jefferies contracts expiring.

Blumatic

Rotation player
Don't mean to pick on you but please elaborate as to how NY will help him become bigger than the game.

I am the #1 LeBron enthusiast to come here but I'm keeping it rational.

1) He's already the biggest player in the NBA next to Kobe.

2) His endorsement deals will not grow bigger in an economic landslide. Being in NY will not do anything. He's already everywhere you look and hear basketball around here (NYC.)

If MJ would have come to NY, would it have been any bigger? Not really, cuz he was already the face of the league.

3) He doesn't need NY unless he's looking to establish himself as an absolute traitor. Plus our team will improve by 2010 but not by much. Does he really want to trade down roster talent?

4) He's at home in Ohio where the Cavs have literally changed everything about their franchise for LeBron. If he'd turn his back on them, that would forever linger with him throughout his career. I don't think he wants to keep answering those questions. ESPECIALLY IN THE NY MEDIA.

He's in Cleveland. So what? It's not Vancouver we're talking about. Cleveland is still a pretty large urban city like Chicago like New York. LeBron doesn't need NY.

NY needs LeBron.

That being said, LeBron is not going anywhere.

Thanks You. You are the only reasonable person here. Lebron will be the next Pat Riley if he bounces on his team. He will me more known as a traitor. The Knicks need to be good first anyway.

I see Lebron on TV everyday. He was on 60 minutes for god's sake. He's huge. Cleveland is not like NY or Chicago or LA with the media market and hometown of celebrities going to see the games but people know the Cavs now.

Shaq left the Magic after they won 60 games and he turned out ok (4 rings later). But that move was a bit unexpected. WIth Lebron, he was rumored to come to New York before he was drafted. Him leaving would would decrease is popularity for a while.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Thanks You. You are the only reasonable person here. Lebron will be the next Pat Riley if he bounces on his team. He will me more known as a traitor. The Knicks need to be good first anyway.

I see Lebron on TV everyday. He was on 60 minutes for god's sake. He's huge. Cleveland is not like NY or Chicago or LA with the media market and hometown of celebrities going to see the games but people know the Cavs now.

Shaq left the Magic after they won 60 games and he turned out ok (4 rings later). But that move was a bit unexpected. WIth Lebron, he was rumored to come to New York before he was drafted. Him leaving would would decrease is popularity for a while.
Shaq was in dire need of glamor though. I'm not assuming Lebron will take the same path, in fact I doubt he will but it's something to consider.

He's gonna get his first MVP this year, and he would only consider a move here if he hasn't won a ring with the Cavs.

It's painfully evident after their 2 recent losses that Lebron's supporting cast leave much to be desired.

For our sake, as far as attaining him goes, I hope it remains the same & he comes closer and closer but never get's to the top of the mountain.

Seriously, this off-season is (imo) more important than the one after. If we can acquire the correct pieces, only then will we have a plate worth serving to the king or someone of his likes.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
Until we get a legit big man, we will continue sucking and no wing player will change that. You put Lebron on the Knicks, with the current front line, and the team would be a perennial 8th seed, winning 40 games a year. The anchor on the Cavs is Ilgauskas. Without Z, that team would fall apart. And frankly, I just don't see Lebron coming to the Knicks, when his wife, kids and family are all in Ohio. Why go out of your comfort zone, when the money and fame is going to be there, no matter what? And just because people in NY are sweating him, it doesn't mean that he's sweating NY. All he said was that the fans don't boo him. BIG DEAL.

And the 'other man,' Wade, has already stated that he will not play for New York, that he plans to spend his entire career on the heat.

We took Allan Houston away from Detroit, for those of you who remember, for one reason: money. If we expect to pull a top FA, in 2010, it's going to be for the same reason, most likely. Toronto has never been a popular place to play in, because it takes players away from home and taxes them at a much higher rate, so there's a huge possibility that we might be able to get Bosh. I think that's the realistic player for us. Along with Bosh, I think that, if we pick up a decent shooting guard and a good power forward, we might have a decent team.

ANU

Starter
to be honest, i would hate to be the team that stole that towns only bright spot of awesome.i think something has to happen in Cleveland, that would make him want to leave Cleveland and not feel like a total dick about it.

lets be real, lebron isn't really articulate.in fact, in certain instances he sounds like a moron.

i would much rather have us draft a point and a shooting guard, and get howard in 2011.I'd rather have a total team.instead of being this one man show.i think he'd feel like a scumbag if he left clevland.we wouldn't want the tail end of the transformation from decent fun loving guy, to money hungry scumbag.

even if shaq and kareem left orlando and milwaukee.

LeFlume

All Star
Cleveland would fall apart without Ilgauskas? That was funny. They have a winning rec with him out. He only plays 44% of the time and Cavs do just fine when he is out.