Official NBA Playoffs Thread

Who will win the NBA championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JayJ44

Starter
Dwight Howard needs to start holding the ball higher up, like Pau Gasol. He's always getting stripped in the post because he's holding the ball down by his legs. He needs to take advantage of his height, and hold the ball up over his head, in order to get less turnovers.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
its not as easy to solve this, no matter who the cavs put out on defense, turk+lewis have a size or speed advantage. the only one who cud stop eitha is lebron, and he cud only guard one at a time. then u got superman, who zydrunas "big snail" illgauskas is to slow to guard, varejoa isnt strong enough, and big ben isnt big ben anymore. there jst is no answer for mike brown to beat this team other than riding on lebrons shoulders, and counting on ppl like mo williams and delonte west to be making their shots.

lol and thts exactly what happened and the cavs win. hopefully orlando wins next game i want cleveland to lose. but kenny smith made a good point by saying, that it took a superhuman performance by LBJ jst to keep the game close which doesnt bode well for the cavs, there is no doubt tht lebron is getting fatiged out there. but for today im gonna appreciate what i just saw, the most gifted basketball player in the world willing his team to victory.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Game 1 of Magic-Cavs was great. The Cavs had the refs on their side, were at home, and the Magic still beat them. I can't believe Lebron had 49 points, 8 assists, and the Cavs still lost. Magic take game 1!

I predict Magic win in 7.

I don't want to see Lebron in the finals. For some reason, i don't see how they dominated at all. His teammates didn't convert in game 3, and they lost. Also, he had 8 turnovers, maybe cause he had the ball in his hands too much and orlando broke him down?

This team lives and dies with lebrons teammates.

JayJ44

Starter
Cavs lose!!!! Lebron has to go fishing. :lol::lol::lol:
664.gif

Dwight Howard's performance tonight was incredible. He should have gotten more consideration for MVP. An efficient 40 points, 14 rebounds, and 4 assists.

notthefather.gif

Blas

Benchwarmer
Lebron just left after the loss. No congrats or shaking hands to the Magic. I hope he changes his attitude. I do not like to see players like that, especially if they ever play for the knicks (not saying he will).

I am glad the Magic won.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Random notes from the game

- One of the Magic trainers while leaving the locker room after the game asked "Who's from ESPN?... What commercials are you gonna run now!"

- Cavs guard Mo Williams conceded that while this was a special season and he understood that, it would take some time to get over this loss. Saying, he'd be a fan for a couple of weeks and then get back in the gym and get ready for next season.

- Magic forward Rashard Lewis said Dwight Howard sent the team a text message last night, which explained the need to come out with urgency tonight, and to dominate. Lewis said Dwight was exceptional focused during the morning shoot around, and that at the start of the game he noticed Dwight's energy level.

- Cavs guard Mo Williams says that despite his teams' adjustments ? the Magic never panicked, they stayed calm and ultimately that's why they won the series.

- Cavs All-Star LeBron James was the first Cavalier dressed and left for the team bus without speaking to the media.

- Magic All-Star Dwight Howard refused to celebrate tonight's win, saying that he'd celebrate a little bit with his friends and family but that he'd be getting back to work tomorrow.

- Dwight said that despite his ups and downs with Stan Van Gundy that he's always found a way to motivate him, and to get the very best out of his teammates. Dwight recalled telling Stan on his first day as coach that he would always have a solider in himself, and that Stan has delivered on the promise

Really, Lebron?

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
magic proved alot i must say, i didnt think they were this good. they have what it takes to beat the lakers and im pulling fo them 100% and i think they will do it.

Howard has solidified himself as the best C in the game and he's only 23 Lewis is a great compliment to howad and will be an all-star, after watchig them in the semis vs the Celtics and how they handled that series and then in the finals vs the cavs and how they picked them apart.......

..........all i can say is lets go Magic. cause i believe in magic.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
I've been believing in the magic since the playoffs started. they're making me look good...lol

I hope howard and the magic take the series in 4. **** kobe

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
I've been believing in the magic since the playoffs started. they're making me look good...lol

I hope howard and the magic take the series in 4. **** kobe

keep dreaming bud, lakers in 6, magic got me lots of money by pickin em ova boston and cleveland though :D

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
keep dreaming bud, lakers in 6, magic got me lots of money by pickin em ova boston and cleveland though :D

That's the same reason why I'm picking them lol. Gotta make that dough.

Still, I don't see gasol containing howard, and that may be the key for the lakers to win the series.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
That's the same reason why I'm picking them lol. Gotta make that dough.

Still, I don't see gasol containing howard, and that may be the key for the lakers to win the series.

yea bynum and gasol prob aint gonna stop superman from getting his 20+ pts and 10+ reb. but there are answers to stopping lewis and turk. ariza is a lengthy defender who cud take eitha. odom cud defend one of them. kobe cud defend one of them. even luke walton could defend one of them. the lakers by far have superior talent, that i dont believe the magic can handle. the magic's 3 point shooting wins them 2 games and thats all in my opinion. now would i be happy if the magic end up winning? hell yes, but im being realistic here

Duhon2Lee

Rookie
HAHAHA That's very good! I took great satisfaction in seeing the Cavs get rolled, mainly because of that arrogant bastard Mo Williams.

Very hard to see the Magic getting over Kobe and the Lakers though, I just think Lewis is too erratic and inconsistent to help Orlando get over the line.

Duhon2Lee

Rookie
What are everybodys thoughts on a possible Jameer Nelson return? he iced the lake show in the regular season

I think he'll be near useless, I can't see him having much impact on any games at all really. I would just be playing him to give Alston and the like a breather, and maybe to commit some fouls where needed.

He has become a good player, but I think he's spent too long out of the game to come back and play any sort of real impact for the Magic.