Knicks under Wilkens

kevin

Benchwarmer
Knicks under Wilkens are 18-16 which is pretty impressive for the knicks. If the Knicks had Wilkens for the whole year they would be sitting comfortably in the 4th spot in the East. Although I don't think that Wilkens has been a good coach for the Knicks I gotta say that's impressive for someone to do mid season. I still would like to have a new coach for next year thougth

What do you think of Lenny

WiL8000

Rotation player
Lenny was a good coach for the midseason transition the Knicks undertook. Wilkens coaching style is simple, so the team can catch on quickly. As being their coach of the future, I don't think so.
If Zeke doesn't take the head coaching job for himself, which I think he will do, he needs to get a coach in todays game.

WiL8000

Rotation player
Yes I do.
Thomas may keep Wilkens for another season, we'll see. But if there isn't a dramatic change next year in the team, Wilkens will be gone, just like Chaney.

TrueBlue20

Benchwarmer
I agree that Isiah will keep Lenny for another year then get rid of him. I don't know if Isiah will take over as coach though.

JJtheKnick

Starter
lenny is a good couch just look at the knicks now and look at them before
lenny make good chocies he also give most of his players a good rest

rady

Administrator
Staff member
our record is not so much better than last year's and the only reason we're making the playoffs is that the eastern conference and especially the atlantic division sucks

still, i think lenny did a decent job, but i also don't see him next season still working for us

e_D

Benchwarmer
NYKnicks1 said:
Get Byron!!! That show them NJ Nets!!!

Hmm! That might not be a bad idea.. but I dont think Isiah would do it.. I still think lenny's a figurehead and isiah's pulling his strings.. Byron would not accept a situation like that.. but then again looked like Byron was losing his steam when he was fired in jersey.. :?

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
i wouldnt mind either lenny or isaih coaching
theyre both great basketball guys and would lead this team to greatness.

peter

WiL8000

Rotation player
After that series with the Nets, I've heard that Wilkens probably wont coach next season. If Thomas doesn't take the job for himself, then who?

e_D

Benchwarmer
WiL8000 said:
After that series with the Nets, I've heard that Wilkens probably wont coach next season. If Thomas doesn't take the job for himself, then who?

Really? Where'd ya hear from?

Hmm, maybe Fratello? Doug Collins? Don Chaney?

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Chaney? you gotta be kiddin :)
I'd love to see fratello getting the job, as probably lots of us would, but i was also thinking to doc rivers. i know before wilkens taking over, many fans were talking about doc

e_D

Benchwarmer
O yeah, Doc.. but wasn't he available when Wilkens was hired in the first place? if Isiah wanted Doc he prolly would've gotten him right off the bat.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
yea he was announcing and coulda pulled a van gundy. i think it was hard for lenny 2 succeed w all the trades and chaos...