Garnett May Miss All of Postseason

Would you want K-G to get better by the second round?

• Yes

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 70.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

____I♥NY____

Benchwarmer
WALTHAM, Mass. (AP)?Kevin Garnett isn?t ready to start the playoffs, and Boston Celtics coach Doc Rivers said Thursday that there?s a strong possibility that he will miss the entire postseason.
?He?s not going to be ready. After watching him practice, there?s no way,? Rivers said on WEEI-AM. ?The way I saw him move today, I don?t know if he?ll be ready.?
When asked to clarify, Rivers said there was a chance Garnett could be out for the rest of the season. Celtics spokesman Jeff Twiss said he could not elaborate on Rivers? comments.
The Celtics begin the best-of-seven first round series against the Chicago Bulls on Saturday.
?We?re going to move on without him,? Rivers said.
Garnett has been the Celtics? inspirational leader since joining them in a 2007 trade that completed the new Big Three and propelled the franchise to its record 17th NBA title. He averaged 15.8 and 8.5 rebounds per game for the defending champions this season.

He injured his right knee Feb. 19 and missed the next 13 games before returning for four, but never playing as many as 18 minutes. With the Celtics assured of a high playoff berth, Rivers then held Garnett out with an eye toward bringing him back for the last three games of the regular season; that became the last two, then the last one, but he never made it back.
Rivers said Thursday he watched Garnett run at the team?s practice facility and said he had to shut him down after 20 minutes.
?If he can?t get through biking and working out without swelling and his leg locking, I don?t know how you can play in the playoffs,? Rivers said. ?This was an honest run today, you couldn?t make your way through it. The guy?s a warrior, you see him try to mask his way through it. But after 20 minutes of running, I don?t see it. After today, there?s no way he can play.?
Garnett?s reaction?
?He was frustrated. He was mad at me, mad at everybody. Then he understood,? Rivers said. ?He put up a fight. He?s really frustrated, but that?s Kevin. That?s why we got him, because he cares so much.?
Celtics owner Wyc Grousbeck said he?s confident Garnett is going to be ?absolutely fine, 100 percent, over the long term. The short term is much less clear at this point.?
Boston was 18-7 without Garnett this year and finished the season 62-20? not good enough to secure the home-court advantage that proved crucial in last year?s title run. Should the Celtics meet the Cavaliers in the Eastern Conference finals, they would open the series in Cleveland; the Los Angeles Lakers would also have home-court in a potential NBA finals matchup.
But, without Garnett, what had seemed like an easy road through the early rounds has gotten more difficult.

This would really suck because if Garnett does miss the whole postseason Cleveland has a legitimate chance of making the finals and if that does happen the Knicks organization is screwed because LeBron has no chance of leaving Cleveland.

As much as I hate the Celtics I want them to make the finals.

K-G get better fast.

Toons

is the Bo$$
lebron owes cleveland a ring

they treat him like god

after he does for them what shaq did in miami, he's ours

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
***k marbury...he'll make sure they don't win shit...

as for KG being out..no way they goin anywhere without him...same old scrub team they used to be w ray allen with him out...wouldn't be surprised if bulls knock em off

jimkcchief88

All Star
The curse of Steph strikes again. That's what his melon head gets taunting us as he cruised out of town with that fat sack of dough for not playing. Eat your heart out Steph. I hope the Bulls knock them off also.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
The curse of Steph strikes again. That's what his melon head gets taunting us as he cruised out of town with that fat sack of dough for not playing. Eat your heart out Steph. I hope the Bulls knock them off also.

What does Stephon Marbury have to do with Kevin Garnett's injury?

JayJ44

Starter
i realllyy realllyyy realllyyy wanna see the bulls beat the celdickss lol

Yeah, I was just about to say the same thing. I think they have a chance. Their defense is shot without Garnett. When you think about it, the Bulls have a chance.

PG- Derrick Rose>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rajon Rondo
SG- Ben Gordon>Ray Allen
SF- Paul Pierce=John Salmons
PF- Tyrus Thomas>>>>>Glen Davis?
C- Joakim Noah=Kendrick Perkins

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Yeah, I was just about to say the same thing. I think they have a chance. Their defense is shot without Garnett. When you think about it, the Bulls have a chance.

PG- Derrick Rose>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rajon Rondo
SG- Ben Gordon>Ray Allen
SF- Paul Pierce=John Salmons
PF- Tyrus Thomas>>>>>Glen Davis?
C- Joakim Noah=Kendrick Perkins

ehh as much as id hate to admit it, paul pierce is much better than salmons, and id say gordon and allen are equal. expect more points out of allen and pierce with the gay-g out of the lineup. i have faith the bulls can win in 6 or 7, cuz the bulls def got talent

JayJ44

Starter
Boston loses game 1!!!!!!
notthefather.gif

Edit: Also-
beavisandbutthead.gif

Last edited:

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
sorry, but im rooting for boston. i hate chicago more

derrick rose had 36 pts. that ties a record by Abdul Jabbar of most points by a rookie in his playoff debut.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
naw **** that i want the celtics to lose and get eliminated as early as possible.

either way it dont mater who advances cause the Cavs got it.

JayJ44

Starter
I hate the Bulls, but I hate the Celtics so much more. It would really improve my life if the Celtics got bounced in the 1st round.