Playoff Predictions

Kiyaman

Legend
Carmelo still have that quick first-step move to the right that leaves defenders looking at his back but....Carmelo still seems to fear contact which throws his shot off.
Josh Howard is playin soreness and injury in this series....so I'm hoping Carmelo and company knock them off in the 4th game so I could evaluate Carmelo's offense vs Trevor Ariza new defensive tactics he got from coach Jax.

Kiyaman

Legend
Yao out wid injuries during the playoffs has to be the last straw for the Houston Rocket Fans towards Yao & T-Mac.....in the last 5 years these two players have to be the Top-2 injury-prone players in the league. Their trade-value have to be the same as Jerome James.

Shock and surprise that the Houston Rockets beat the Lakers in a playoff game without their two injury-prone super-stars....not any of the N.Y. Queens residents. 2-2 series.

The Denver Nuggets have a 3-0 lead in the series with (the dont belong in the 2nd round) Dallas Mavs. I want a Denver sweep over the Dallas.....but the NBA officiating wont allow it. To some so-call Knick-Fans I hope all u guys n gals are looking close at the new style of play (peremeter shooting) PF-Dirk vs the old style PF-K-Mart and Birdman (Andersen) that stick to low-post scoring and defending the paint b/c since the drafting of GALLO u guys has lost your F....ing mind thinking Gallo could play PF in the NBA (I guess with the officiating turning the NBA into a non-contact sport it is possible). But I would take a Toby Knight, Lucas, Oakley, and Kurt Thomas any day of the week for a playoff series.

Cleveland Cavs are not taking any hostages in the 2nd round with a 3-0 lead over the Atlanta Hawks.....Cavs are on a mission for the showdown in the Finals.

The Boston Celtics chemistry and system has been amazing throughout both series pulling the top ratings of all the playoff team series by playing down to their oponents creating an intensive crunchtime that goes to the last seconds on the clock in each game. The 2-2 series with the Celtics & Orlando Magic are getting some strong ratings....only to be swept by Lebron and company in the Eastern Conference Finals.

bfab99

Benchwarmer
Dwight Howard isn't happy with his coach in Orlando after game 5. Man, wouldn't it be tight if Orlando traded him to us this off season? Nate Robinson and Dwight in New York. Hehehe, just posting...

Kiyaman

Legend
Denver closed the series with the Mavs with a 124-110 run n gun beating in the 5th game....where was the defense at on the Mavs part....this is the Playoffs.
Like I said before "How did the Mavs beat the Spurs in a series???".

Chuancy Billups did not win the MVP of the season....but he damn sure won the Coach of the year award with his assistant coach Karl.

I been Luv-in the Denver B-Ball all season b/c they got my Homey Tazman Balkman on the roster, he may not got much playingtime this season but I can bet my last dollar that he was a work-horse in every practice that made all the elite players on the team do overtime to stay in shape mentally and physically b/c Tazman could perform at all three of the foward-positions....point-foward, SF, and PF.
Denver Nuggets has a very strong talented long bench.
But still.....

Coach Phil Jax Lakers in 7 over coach Billups Denver Nuggets...

LeFlume

All Star
Melo is one of the best clutch players in the game and he have numbers to prove it. He is just awesome come crunch time.

Some sortable crunch time stats 08-09 season.

Production per 48 minutes of crunch time.

Kobe 56.7
James 55.9
Melo 54.4
Wade 49.2
Paul. 45.1

FG%

Melo 56.5
James 55.6
Paul 49.4
Wade 47.0
Kobe 45.7

3p%

Melo 58.3.
James 42.1
Kobe 40.0
Paul 37.5
Wade 28.1

Ft's

Kobe 92%
Paul 90%
James 85%
Melo 82%
Wade 73%

Kiyaman

Legend
We are in a tight recession inwhich the NBA could use as much $$$$ as this playoff could provide to help a low economy next season.

I hate to break any bad news to any member B-Ball opinion....but
the Boston Celtics roster without KG is twice the team the Orlando Magic is in this series. Game 7 will depend on the ratings of Paul & Ray vs Dwight Howard, inwhich Paul & Ray (turn it on and off when they want to) has the highest ratings in the playoffs.

The Phil Jackson Lakers have a 100 different systems they will use to get their Championship Rings in this playoff.

Houston Rockets get their props for showing they can turn up the volume playing 48 minutes of small-ball in the playoffs. Reminding me of the 1999 Knicks without Ewing vs the Walsh & Larry Brown Indiana Pacers.

Lebron James is on a mission for the showdown of the regular season top-2 MVP colliding in the FINALS.

The Denver Nuggets been the Western Conference team I watched the most this season b/c the Knicks new regime gave Denver the "Tazman" Balkman for free....how the Nuggets organization swindled the best veteran PG in the NBA Chuancy Billups, and their ex-player Hop-Hop Birdman onto their roster this season.....is AMAZING!
It's just too bad coach Karl strategy will never be in the same class as coach Phil Jackson however....Chuancy Billups is a winner and will give the fans an exciting 7 games of Lakers vs Nuggets series that will raise the roof in the ratings department.

I been waiting all year for this Big Show-down between Carmelo vs Ariza & Odom in a 7 game series...

P.S. Carmelo vs Lebron (ratings) in the FINALS would probably be half the ratings of Kobe vs Lebron in the FINALS

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
The Western Finals started off with Coach Jax out-coaching Coach Karl
for a 105-103 win in the first game.
One would say, "that was a close game where any of the teams could've won".
But the Lakers had so much confidence in its roster that it played all 12 players in the first game of this series inwhich a 11 Laker players scored in this game compared to the Nuggets 8-man rotation inwhich 7 players scored (time to use the Tazman).

Is coach Phil Jackson thinking this is the same Denver Nuggets he swept in the first round last year???

LeFlume

All Star
Denver should have won that game. It's not always the better team win. The ball bounced Lakers way last night.

Kiyaman

Legend
What is up with Bynum! he only played 4 minutes of the 2nd half.....Gasol was tired, aghuasted, and bruised from shoulder to knees at the start of the 4th quarter, and was force to play the entire 12 minutes of the 4th quarter without any bigman teammates.

The Nuggets C-Nene, PF-K-Mart, and PF-Chris (Birdman), dominated controlling the paint area on both sides of the court throughout the 2nd half.
Poor poor Gasol looked like David Lee this past season last night fighting by himself against 3 big strong bruisers down low. F.....Kobe yelling and play Bynum for 6 fouls.
Coach Jax needed to be slapped twice coaching like celebrity Dantoni.

Kiyaman

Legend
Cleveland been playing like SHUUUUT all 3 games vs the Orlando Magic.

The Boston Celtics cheap Bigmen Perkins, Baby Davis, and Scalibrine showed in every game in their series how to beat the Orlando Magic (whom only got one Bigman....Superman Howard!).
The Celtics lost that series on the poor consistent shooting from Rondo, Ray, and Pierce who took 70% of the Celtics shots in their series with Orlando Magic.

:barf:
The Cleveland Cavs are paying PF-Ben Wallace $14.5M, SF-Wally Szczerbiak $13M, and C-Big-Z $11M, this season b/c they supposed to have playoff experience to play at the next level.
So far these 3 players did nothing throughout this entire playoff.
:barf:

The Cavs made it to the Eastern Conference Finals on the strength and performance of Lebron, West, Mo Williams, Varegao, Pavlovic, and Joe Smith.

This Cavs vs Magic series is ridiculous....especially after the one-second game winning 3-pointer by Lebron...

Kiyaman

Legend
What players in the East and West conference Finals could we use on the Knicks to begin the start of our rebuilding situation to become a winning playoff team in the 2010-11 season? other than the Super-Star players Lebron, Howard, Kobe, Billups, and the scoring star Carmelo.

All four teams has a decent 8 man rotation inwhich 1 or 2 maybe traded this offseason.

Kiyaman

Legend
I have to give Orlando Magic its BIG-BIG-PROPS for having a 59 win season.
At the start of the season I gave the Magic "Howard, Lewis, Turk, and Nelson" a .600 season (49 wins). How they got to the FINALS? is very bazzar.
Orlando's main weapon used to get to the Finals was their 3-ball shooting attack in the 2nd half of games....the last time a team strictly used the 3-ball attack to get to the Finals was the (1995-96 Shaq & Penny) Orlando Magic.

Orlando Magic beating the 66 win Cleveland Cavs in a series had to be a Los Vegas pay day. Why?
The 66 win Cleveland Cavs swept the (39 win) Detriot Pistons in the first round and then swept the (47 win) Atlanta Hawks in the 2nd round too....without the Cavs breaking a sweat in both series.

The Orlando Magic coaches & players just dont match up with the high potential 65 win Lakers in this FINALS match-up.
I'm hoping the Magic could steal 1 or 2 games with their 3-ball attack in the FINAL series.

Fisher vs Alston (even)
Kobe vs Lee (Kobe)
Ariza vs Turk (even)
Gasol vs Lewis (Gasol)
Bynum vs Howard (Howard)
Odom vs Pietrus (Odom)
Farmer vs Nelson (Nelson)
Walton vs Gortat (even)
Brown vs Reddick (even)
Lakers vs Magic (Lakers in 5 games)

metrocard

Legend
Turk is better than Ariza.

I want Orlando to win...I see this series goes to 7 for the Lakers victory, sadly.

dpryde

Benchwarmer
some sources say the lakers gotta choose between eitha odom or ariza this offseason. thats a super tough decision because ariza does so many of those little things that you need for team, and hes improved his jump shot. and odom is so versatile, and when hes playing confident, he shines like the star he used to be. if they do end up only having to pick one, all i can say is good luck to mitch kupchak trying to pick which one.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Well, no surprises that the Lakers pulled this one out.

Odom & Gasol both played better than Superman.

Kobe played like Kobe.

Phil Jackson is Satan's successor.

Knicks lose in the 2nd round next year...I'd be happy with that.