Rubio Interview (In Spanish)

JayJ44

Starter
El base verdinegro se siente "dispuesto y preparado" y confirma que se apunta al draft y su salto a la NBA en verano

Suspira "por una posici?n alta" y no ve un problema en los 6 millones de cl?usula

Ha hablado con Rudy sobre el salto y sue?a con ciudades como Nueva York o Los ?ngeles para jugar en el futuro

Agencias - 21/04/2009 21:34
Ricky Rubio ha confirmado su intenci?n de apuntarse al draft y dar el salto a la NBA la pr?xima temporada. El base dice sentirse "dispuesto y preparado" para el reto de dar el salto a la NBA.
Ricky ley? un comunicado en el que manifest? que se siente con fuerzas para "luchar por un hueco" en la NBA. "La ilusi?n y la responsabilidad de no defraudar me han dado ganas de seguir trabajando y me hacen pensar que estoy preparado" para dar el salto y "cumplir el sue?o de cualquier jugador".
Guiado por las sensaciones
Rubio dice que se ha dejado llevar "por las sensaciones" para dar el salto este pr?ximo verano y reconoce que los Juegos Ol?mpicos de Pek?n le han dado un plus: "En ese momento no lo pensaba. Pero me di cuenta de que puedo jugar contra los mejores y creo que no me estoy equivocando". El jugador de El Masnou reconoce que "me han dicho que puedo tener una posici?n muy alta. Puedo estar arriba y por eso me apunto. Ning?n jugador de baloncesto puede decir no a una posici?n alta del 'draft'. Eso te asegura ir all? y tener un nombre. Mi agente hablar? con los equipos y yo intentar? ir a por todas". Sobre la cl?usula de salida con la Penya dice que "puede ser un impedimento pero no me inquieta porque est?n trabajando mis agentes".
Aconsejado por Rudy; suspira por Knicks o Lakers
Ricky dice que "la Penya tiene un futuro espl?ndido. Yo le agradezco lo que me ha dado y la llevo en el coraz?n" y reconoce que ha hablado en varias ocasiones con Rudy que le ha aconsejado "que nadie tome la decisi?n por m?" y sobre sus preferencias en la NBA dice que "ciudades como Nueva York o Los Angeles pero no hemos hablado mucho de qu? equipos pueden salir porque esto es una loter?a, pero parece que Sacramento, Clippers, Oklahoma y Wizards tienen muchas posibilidades".
http://www.elmundodeportivo.es/gen/...r-el-draft-y-su-salto-a-la-nba-en-verano.html

I don't speak Spanish, so a translation would be much appreciated.

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
Spanish is my first language so this was easy for me, lol:

Rubio says he feels ready to jump to the NBA and that he belongs on that stage. He then says that the Olympics helped him made this transition knowing that he can compete versus the greatest players in the world and assures that he is not making a mistake. Something that he will try to proof everyday to not let himself down or his country. He goes on to say how thankful he is of his former team (buyout clause is of 6 million) and the experiences he had with them will always be carried in his heart.

He has been in contact with Rudy Fernandez, who urged him to make the decision himself and to not listen to anybody else. Rubio aspires to play for the Knicks or Lakers, but knows that the chances are slim since the Kings, Clippers, Wizards have the best chance to get him.

JayJ44

Starter
Thank you very much!

It's good to know out of all the teams in the lottery, he prefers the Knicks. I'm still keeping up hope that we get a top 2 pick.

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
You're welcome Jay!

We are freaking due to somehow win the lottery or get a top 3 pick this year. If not use any means possible to move up and get Rubio. As far as attendance, this will be incredible seeing the support Spanish players (Rudy, Gasol, Navarro) get when coming to the Garden. This is a perfect system and city for this Kid and it makes perfect sense to get him. He ain't going to Minnesota, Memphis, or OKC. I see him landing in New York City, as we need that spark. We need to be greedy and aggresive in the offseason, we can't just wait for Lebron. Get that idea out of the way cuz there are other ways to build a championship contending team.

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
LeBron is the best way to build a championship team for this squad. everyone knows that, and mgmt will be keeping that in mind when deciding what to and not to do. Even with the 'chance' that we don get him, still much more likely that we do whatever we can for that chance to sign him then anything else..

We obviously aren't going to get a 2 or 3 or 4 or 5th pick with the lotto if our chances are 2.5%...so the only way to get a player like Rubio would obviously be through trading for a pick / for him. As Donnie has made rather clear, he doesn't have any plans i don't think to sign any big contracts this off season, unless hes really sure about it...I can't help but think getting Rubio would fall under the 'getting a big contract' group...which means unless we can find a way to make sense of the trade by giving players we don't want, ie not Chandler or Gallo, i don't really see it happening...we have a bunch of players like Harrington, Dlee, Nate among all the others that mgmt is up for trade deals with, but i don't see Donnie trading a Nate or a Dlee for someone like Rubio...From what you guys say yea i'm sure he'd fit well and be a good player in the system, but i don't see who Donnie would settle trading for him, or who would settle trading him for the players we'd offer. I suppose trading Nate for him would be good in our eyes, idk who would go for that though

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
LeBron is the best way to build a championship team for this squad. everyone knows that, and mgmt will be keeping that in mind when deciding what to and not to do. Even with the 'chance' that we don get him, still much more likely that we do whatever we can for that chance to sign him then anything else..

We obviously aren't going to get a 2 or 3 or 4 or 5th pick with the lotto if our chances are 2.5%...so the only way to get a player like Rubio would obviously be through trading for a pick / for him. As Donnie has made rather clear, he doesn't have any plans i don't think to sign any big contracts this off season, unless hes really sure about it...I can't help but think getting Rubio would fall under the 'getting a big contract' group...which means unless we can find a way to make sense of the trade by giving players we don't want, ie not Chandler or Gallo, i don't really see it happening...we have a bunch of players like Harrington, Dlee, Nate among all the others that mgmt is up for trade deals with, but i don't see Donnie trading a Nate or a Dlee for someone like Rubio...From what you guys say yea i'm sure he'd fit well and be a good player in the system, but i don't see who Donnie would settle trading for him, or who would settle trading him for the players we'd offer. I suppose trading Nate for him would be good in our eyes, idk who would go for that though

If we somehow got a high enough pick, no way that I'd waste it on that bootleg Beatles member. I don't give a f$gh who that bothers.

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
OGK, in my short time as a member of this forum you're by far the worst poster here. Everything you say comes off negative and childish.

Rubio stands 6’4” and has a 6’9” wingspan, similar to that of the Celtics Rondo. One of the best pick and roll players in the world and NBA at the age of 19. The guy is super smart having great court vision and outstanding IQ. You can't teach those physical and mental traits. This is a perfect pick and live with it if we get him. Whoever we draft we need to support them. And not act like you hoping the kid fails and say "I told you so." Guess you don't Gallinari also, are you racist or something. You are a true clown.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
OGK, in my short time as a member of this forum you're by far the worst poster here. Everything you say comes off negative and childish.

Rubio stands 6’4” and has a 6’9” wingspan, similar to that of the Celtics Rondo. One of the best pick and roll players in the world and NBA at the age of 19. The guy is super smart having great court vision and outstanding IQ. You can't teach those physical and mental traits. This is a perfect pick and live with it if we get him. Whoever we draft we need to support them. And not act like you hoping the kid fails and say "I told you so." Guess you don't Gallinari also, are you racist or something. You are a true clown.

Ohhhhhh, I get it: because I don't group think, with you and others, in believing in a guy that hasn't even proven himself a top player in the crappy league he plays for, I'm, in your opinion, the site's worst poster.

Well, it is my sincere belief, ho, that you are actually the site's worst poster, simply, if for nothing else, for the fact that you call yourself AROD, on a basketball forum. What kind of lame does that?

I also, sincerely, request that you hop off of my manhood. The first time you rode my monster, I decided to ignore it; but, now that I know how obsessed you are, I just want to make it clear that I'm no fag: I, unlike you, like girls. Try tuneraddict, I've heard that she likes a$$holes.

Have a bad day.

-OG :afro:

Last edited:

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
Ohhhhhh, I get it: because I don't group think, with you and others, in believing in a guy that hasn't even proven himself a top player in the crappy league he plays for, I'm, in your opinion, the site's worst poster.

Well, it is my sincere belief, ho, that you are actually the site's worst poster, simply, if for nothing else, for the fact that you call yourself AROD, on a basketball forum. What kind of lame does that?

I also, sincerely, request that you hop off of my manhood. The first time you rode my monster, I decided to ignore it; but, now that I know how obsessed you are, I just want to make it clear that I'm no fag: I, unlike you, like girls. Try tuneraddict, I've heard that she likes a$$holes.

Have a bad day.

-OG :afro:

What a true clown you are...you need to relax your temper and get laid one of this days! You don't know anything about basketball so get out this site, we don't need your stupid remarks...btw, I do like female assholes! Its ok if are sure of homosexuality, but there is no need to talk about these matters on this site.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
What a true clown you are...you need to relax your temper and get laid one of this days! You don't know anything about basketball so get out this site, we don't need your stupid remarks...btw, I do like female assholes! Its ok if are sure of homosexuality, but there is no need to talk about these matters on this site.

Stupid remarks? You can't even write, son, and that's the only measure of intelligence that we have on this site. By that measure, you're one of the dumbest posters we have.

And you think I know nothing about basketball, which is your right; but what is your basis for this? Again, you prove yourself to be desperate and illogical. You're swimming against the tide and failing, miserably.

Recommendation: continue mindlessly riding the Euro player bandwagon, until reality proves you unequivocally wrong and allows you no room for excuses.

I, on the other hand, will support players that, at the least, have proven themselves, while overseas. One of those is Gasol, another is Nowitzki. Those guys showed they had something special, outside of this league. Your two favorites, Gallinari and Rubio, have not. I can attest to Rubio's mediocrity, from having watched him play in the ACB.

P.S. If you're not gay, stop stalking a man.

Spanish_fan

Rookie
There's a mistake in the article, the buyout clause is 4,7 million € if he leaves DKV Joventut before 30th june. Later than that date the clause raises to 6 million €. NBA teams only can pay 500.000 $ to international teams in this cases.

And another thing, he sais that likes cities like New York and LA, but he don't say anything about Knicks or Lakers.

Last edited: