Lee open to all offers

Kiyaman

Legend
Lee Open To 'All Offers' As A Free Agent

Apr 28, 2009 12:43 PM EST
David Lee is a restricted free agent this summer and though he is optimistic about remaining with the Knicks, he acknowledges the reality of the uncertainty.

"I wouldn't say I'm uneasy, but there's definitely more doubt than past years," Lee told the New York Post. "I think I'll be here in New York. This is where I want to be. I expect other teams will be very interested. We're open to all offers."

According to sources, Donnie Walsh wants to sign Lee but not if his asking price is $10 million per year.

"My job is done," Lee said. "It's up to Mr. Walsh and [agent Mark] Bartlestein. They've worked together for a long time."

RealGM Note: Lee was ranked 11th in season FIC and with a Reina Value of +911%, 'deserved' a salary of $18.1M. But the FIC is strictly a statistical measurement and Mike D'Antoni's system, coupled with a dearth of other rebounders on the Knicks clearly contributed to the high ranking.

Via New York Post

Kiyaman

Legend
David Lee in the last 2 seasons only missed 2 games, averaged a double-double in 3 seasons straight. And only had one season where offensive-plays were designed for him yet, his FGA percentage has always been above 50% in the last 4 years (56%).

David Lee has a 82 game strong durable NBA Bigman body with a very high IQ at being a complimentary teammate.

Knick-Fans are so hypnotize and drug-up on Donnie Walsh 2010 Plan....that they think David Lee 4 year performance as a Knick is under $12M per....for a 5th season as a Knick. They are CRAZY!!!!

After putting up with the Larry Brown, Isiah, and Marbury crazy-chaos....David Lee should be asking for $20M to stay a Knick. Plus between NYS and NYC tax with Federal included has reach the total of 40% of your Gross pay. Do the math.

David Lee should only except $6M to $8M if he can play for the Lakers, Cavs, Celtics, Spurs, Rockets, and New Orleans CP3. Teams like the Knicks, Pistons, Raptors, Kings, Pacers, Nets, and Grizzlies, Lee should not except nothing under $12M per.

Andrew Bynum ($14M), Andrew Bogut ($13M), Granger ($12M), these 3 players salary contracts starts next season....David Lee and Charlie Villanueva agents will be looking around the league for teams that can get close to the salaries of the above 3 players.

Wake-up (2010 Plan) Knick-Fans!
David Lee played his last game as a Knick!!!

Just be ready to accept whomever Walsh replace him with

GetRealistic

Starter
If David Lee has played his last game as a Knick i'd be far from heartbroken. If he comes back at a reasonable price thats nice but if he wants to break the bank i say see you later.

Bynum 14m, Bogut 13m, and Granger 12M are all far superior players then Lee.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
David Lee in the last 2 seasons only missed 2 games, averaged a double-double in 3 seasons straight. And only had one season where offensive-plays were designed for him yet, his FGA percentage has always been above 50% in the last 4 years (56%).

David Lee has a 82 game strong durable NBA Bigman body with a very high IQ at being a complimentary teammate.

Knick-Fans are so hypnotize and drug-up on Donnie Walsh 2010 Plan....that they think David Lee 4 year performance as a Knick is under $12M per....for a 5th season as a Knick. They are CRAZY!!!!

After putting up with the Larry Brown, Isiah, and Marbury crazy-chaos....David Lee should be asking for $20M to stay a Knick. Plus between NYS and NYC tax with Federal included has reach the total of 40% of your Gross pay. Do the math.

David Lee should only except $6M to $8M if he can play for the Lakers, Cavs, Celtics, Spurs, Rockets, and New Orleans CP3. Teams like the Knicks, Pistons, Raptors, Kings, Pacers, Nets, and Grizzlies, Lee should not except nothing under $12M per.

Andrew Bynum ($14M), Andrew Bogut ($13M), Granger ($12M), these 3 players salary contracts starts next season....David Lee and Charlie Villanueva agents will be looking around the league for teams that can get close to the salaries of the above 3 players.

Wake-up (2010 Plan) Knick-Fans!
David Lee played his last game as a Knick!!!

Just be ready to accept whomever Walsh replace him with
So, if you're so adamant about the 2010 plan being a giant turd, or at the least you consider it highly flawed, then instead of constantly bashing it (& those who support it) why don't you conjure up some form of antidote for what you seem to consider a terminal case of "fubar"?

Red

TYPE-A
If David Lee has played his last game as a Knick i'd be far from heartbroken. If he comes back at a reasonable price thats nice but if he wants to break the bank i say see you later.

Agreed. Btw... Just having the ability to negotiate w/ Lee & N8 this off-season means the "2010" plan has worked so far...hello! Also concerning Lee, his best attributes are: Reb., Durability and I.Q.. Notice what's not listed "his offensive and defensive games" which means he's a compliment player. That said if his contract allows us to add more talent (b/c he's limited) then yes. If he's too expensive we say no and it's no big deal either way. If our 2010 plan is to add 2 stars than how can we rate our results in 2009 with our current roster? It doesn't matter what the 2010 plan is, the only thing that matters NOW is what we do THIS off-season and up until the trade deadline. Those of us who understand, why worry about 2010 before 2009 season even starts? SMH

GetRealistic

Starter
Only u would write something like that............

If I'm the only person who believes Andrew Bynum, Andrew Bogut, and Danny Granger are far superior players then David Lee i feel sorry for humanity.

My advice to you would be to stop slurping any Knick who is under the age of 27 and look at the big picture. Everybody loves hardworker hustle players who can help you win but hustle players who have limited offensive games and don't play any defense don't make 12 million a year.

If David Lee gets a 12 million dollar a year offer from a team i say good for him for beating the system and getting paid but i also say that team is absolutely stupid for dropping that kind of money into David Lee.

David Lee is an 8 million a year type of player but with the economy and his apparent great want to stay in NY he's more of a 6-7 million a year player in my book.

Kiyaman

Legend
"According to sources, Donnie Walsh wants to sign Lee but not if his asking price is $10 million per year."

Walsh was wrong for putting a number out there...before July

GetRealistic

Starter
I think any person with common sense would realize that Walsh wouldn't pay Lee over 10 million dollars a year. It wasn't a secret

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
If I'm the only person who believes Andrew Bynum, Andrew Bogut, and Danny Granger are far superior players then David Lee i feel sorry for humanity.

My advice to you would be to stop slurping any Knick who is under the age of 27 and look at the big picture. Everybody loves hardworker hustle players who can help you win but hustle players who have limited offensive games and don't play any defense don't make 12 million a year.

If David Lee gets a 12 million dollar a year offer from a team i say good for him for beating the system and getting paid but i also say that team is absolutely stupid for dropping that kind of money into David Lee.

David Lee is an 8 million a year type of player but with the economy and his apparent great want to stay in NY he's more of a 6-7 million a year player in my book.

1. I think all profesional athletes regadless of the sport they play are overpaid. No athlete should get tens of millions per year to play in any sport. If they get it good for them I got nothing against. For all I care D LEE is overpaid even at 2 mill per year but if you look around the league he should get around 10 mill per year based on his play and hustle. However if we can (or should) sign him for that money is another story.

2. If you feel that Granger, ( he is a SG and should not be compared to D Lee) Bynum and Bogut are FAR superior to D Lee you should fell sorry for yourself and start getting realistic.
Far superior is Tim Duncan to Mikki Moore

D Lee is a 6'9'' PF forced to play center cuz we dont have anything beter.

Comparing Grager and Lee is like comparing Kobe and Boozer. Granger is a beter talent but they play different positions.

Bynum is a real center (7 footer) better defender but has to get beter and stay healty for a full seasson to be superior. He is younger and the talent is there so he will be superior in the future but for now he is a beter defensive presence.

As for Bogut, he is much closer to being a bust than a star. Lee and Bogut were drafted in the same draft. The big difference is Bogut was the 1st pick and Lee 30th. Their career average is almost the same (Lee was not a full time starter till 8 games into this seasson) and for this year average lee stats are beter (Bogut have .7 more BPG).
This is what espn wrote about Bogut: ''Bogut was an absolute stud after the All-Star break, averaging a cool 16.3 points, 11.6 rebounds, 0.8 steals and 1.7 blocks per game while shooting 51 percent from the floor.'' Minus the blocks (there is no mistery D-lee cant block to save his life) that is D-Lee seasson average. How is Bogut far superior?

As for 6-7 mill per year that's what the Brian Cardinals of the league get paid.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened

I don't know if you can compare these players with Lee, just because of the positions they play on the court: Bynum and Bogut are centers, and Granger is a SF/SG type player.

Even if you look at impact, you can still make an argument for David Lee having more of an impact on his team than Bynum and Bogut have on theirs. Bynum is riding a streak of impressive performances, back in the '07-'08 season, 35 games in length, that can be compared to Eddy Curry's. Bogut, in my opinion, has more to prove and is not as good as Lee.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
I think any person with common sense would realize that Walsh wouldn't pay Lee over 10 million dollars a year. It wasn't a secret

u r right....its not a secret to the next team that want hard working complimentary players like Lee & Nate to add improvement to their rotation for an offersheet to steep for Walsh 2010 Plan.

Donnie Walsh is forced to stick with his 2010 Plan....he has already started verbally contradicting his 2010 plan delaying it to 2011....this offseason his actions may have to contradict his 2010 Plan involving Curry & Jefferies contract to that of Lee & Nate new contract.

Every NBA Fan is waiting for a good laugh on the New York Knicks when they let David Lee and Nate Robinson walk, when the majority of the prominent 2010 FA stars will resign with their team, plus with 3 top playoff teams already set at having a much lower salary-cap in the 2010 offseason than the Knicks (Detroit, Miami, and Spurs) will pickup the top available FA leaving the Knicks with the 2010 FA crumbs left on the table.

Donnie Walsh 2010 Plan is no different from Isiah Thomas plan of deleting Layden players from the roster.....only thing different is Isiah Thomas changed the Layden 13 thousand Fan population at MSG to 19 thousand fans population with an outstanding high sale in the Knicks #3 Jersey sold in his first 3 year tenor to the point where Mr. #3 Jersey opened up his own outlet.

As much as Isiah was Clueless about making a winning team....Knicks owner Dolan was still one of the Top-10 teams making the majority of money in the NBA....with 33 and 23 win seasons and the highest luxury tax in an economic recession where a gallon of gas was $5.00 dollars in N.Y..

Donnie Walsh actions lost money in his first year as a Knick President.
His second year dont look promising.....

Kiyaman

Legend
You've yet to propose your plan that would keep both Lee and Nate and make us competitive.

It's not my 2010 Plan....its Donnie Walsh 2010 plan! which to make it successful he have Curry & Jefferies contracts left to get rid of.
Walsh put himself into this predictment.
Which is why he should have drafted "Brook Lopez" in the 2008 draft (rather than TANK the 2008-9 season for a lottery pick).

What is not being mention about Nate & Lee are they are healthy without any injuries in the FA season plus their work-ethic each season showed improvement in their performance....making them reliable 5 to 6 year contract players....worth $8M per to $12M per which the majority of their salary will be given in the last 3 years of their contract.
Nate & Lee salary together for the 2010-11 season may add up to $14M to $15M that season when compared to both Curry & Jefferies $18M.