Ron Artest

dave2138

Rotation player
kiya - I respect you for the pressures you had to go through during school trying to make a name for yourself playing sports while keeping your grades up. I know that had to be rough and hope the best for you now and in the future.

You guys are probably right that as a person Artest is an alright guy and does charity work or whatever. I just don't see his childhood or growing up in NY is a good enough excuse for his out of the ordinary actions throughout his career.

Their are millions of kids that would kill to have the physical talent as Ron Artest...and I'm sure if they did, none would risk throwing it away just to keep their pride as being a tough, I don't take shit from anybody personality.

That is why I have no respect for him. I'll keep repeating it as long as I keep getting criticized for it. He risked throwing his whole career away just to get back at a guy for throwing a cup of beer in his face. It doesn't matter what the situation was, or if it was the heat of the moment..theres really no excuse for it. And I think its sick for kids to look at thim as a role model and feel that they would have done the same in the same situation.

I don't think its snobby to judge a guy based on that. These are professional athletes..people who get paid millions to play a game. Attacking a fan during a game on live tv is different than a bar fight, im sorry.

Still, I agree that every team could use a player like Artest..He is easily one of the best in the game now. I think the teams that do go after him have to make sure they have a good public image already and also where the media won't attack him. That will never happen in NY. Theres as good a chance as Artest playing with in NY as there is him playing with Detroit.

Scribbles

Rotation player
Why not? We got "tough guy" Zach Randolph and turned him into a model citizen in NY.

Ron Artest will do just fine here.

metrocard

Legend
kiya - I respect you for the pressures you had to go through during school trying to make a name for yourself playing sports while keeping your grades up. I know that had to be rough and hope the best for you now and in the future.

You guys are probably right that as a person Artest is an alright guy and does charity work or whatever. I just don't see his childhood or growing up in NY is a good enough excuse for his out of the ordinary actions throughout his career.

Their are millions of kids that would kill to have the physical talent as Ron Artest...and I'm sure if they did, none would risk throwing it away just to keep their pride as being a tough, I don't take shit from anybody personality.

That is why I have no respect for him. I'll keep repeating it as long as I keep getting criticized for it. He risked throwing his whole career away just to get back at a guy for throwing a cup of beer in his face. It doesn't matter what the situation was, or if it was the heat of the moment..theres really no excuse for it. And I think its sick for kids to look at thim as a role model and feel that they would have done the same in the same situation.

I don't think its snobby to judge a guy based on that. These are professional athletes..people who get paid millions to play a game. Attacking a fan during a game on live tv is different than a bar fight, im sorry.

Still, I agree that every team could use a player like Artest..He is easily one of the best in the game now. I think the teams that do go after him have to make sure they have a good public image already and also where the media won't attack him. That will never happen in NY. Theres as good a chance as Artest playing with in NY as there is him playing with Detroit.

Hey dave.
You're an asshole.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
i would love to have artest here but i doubt donnie walsh would want to deal wit him again.....got a better chance at gettin tmac