Knicks must go after Jason Kidd

johnstarky

Rotation player
1.The Knicks have an extremely small chance that they're going to land Rubio.

2.They will not be a winning team with Duhon as their point guard.

3.With Jason Kidd in D'antoni's system this team could win at least 10 more games next season and perhaps make the playoffs.

4.It won't hurt the Knicks to not sign Lee and Nate and give Kidd at least a 2 to 3 year contract.

5.If the Knicks make the playoffs next season with Kidd as their PG it could attract other free agents for 2010.

dave2138

Rotation player
The Knicks can't afford Kidd, so signing him is impossible. Kidd is getting old too..I don't think he'll attract any FA to sign here. People have to stop worrying about what will help us win next year. Next year is a throw away year where playoffs is not the #1 goal. The #1 goal is building team chemistry with players we think will be around from 2010+.. playoffs would be nice, but not something to worry about now.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Kidd is going to go to a team like LA, Boston or Clev. so they can piggy back him to a ring, mark my words.

No player like Kidd goes into a rebuilding situation at this point in his career, so unless Dallas makes a major move that makes them a bonafied contender next season. look for him to go to leave Big D for a sure shot Title Contender

JayJ44

Starter
Jason Kidd isn't even that much of a game changer anymore. I don't think we would be much better with him. Besides, it would be stupid to start signing veterans when we should be rebuilding and looking for the future. Teams who are on the brink of winning a championship sign veterans like Kidd, not rebuilding teams looking to get into the playoffs.

after watching a season of duhon taking zero shots or driving wide open lanes only to pass the ball, kidd is the last thing we need. Who exactly will he pass to? We need a pg who can get to the hole, drive the lane hard, and hit clutch shots, and being in the prime of their career might help (cough sounds like a certain point guard that was recently on our roster cough).

metrocard

Legend
F*ck him.
Last dude I want in the orange and blue.
Whatever happen to Knick fans?
and their pride?
Kidd has embarassed millions of nights in the navy blue and red...he's been a rival player for close to a decade...
are you serious?

dre48ny

Rotation player
I would rather monitor the Nash situation. Kidd has earned his respect, but it's too late in the game for a player like that.

LeFlume

All Star
F*ck him.
and their pride?
Kidd has embarassed millions of nights in the navy blue and red...he's been a rival player for close to a decade...
are you serious?

Co sign everything you said.

GetRealistic

Starter
F*ck him.
and their pride?
are you serious?

Co-sign not to mention he's simply not as good as he used to be.
The guy had a great career but he's getting older and losing a step.

I doubt Kidd would stay around that long but the only time i'd consider bringing in a guy like Kidd is if we already had a established team and he was a piece that for 25 minutes a night give us veteran leadership.