is there any way Knicks could get Pau Gasoft?

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
He's not a dominant big man. Patrick Ewing was not one, either. He's a complete player, able to execute at a high level. The problem he's having is that Phil doesn't set down a firm plan to go to Pau, as clearly the second best player on this team, he doesn't tell his players to look for Pau or, if he does, doesn't hold them accountable for not doing so. He got 8 shots and went 5-8, a lot of those were off of offensive rebounds. They need to allow him more touches.

Also, many times, off of pick and rolls, they decided to pass out for lower percentage three pointers, instead of throwing it in to Pau. There were a few times where, off the pick and roll, Pau wound up with JR Smith on him, as Kenyon Martin or some other guy was forced to switch off Pau on the screen, yet the ball went out for a three, instead of over the top for an easy dunk.

Here are the numbers for the Lakers' main point guard: Derek Fisher: 3 points, 1-9, 2 turnovers, 3 assists (same number as Pau), in 27 minutes. LA is full of selfish point guards. They could be more effective, if they just started to buy into the concept of being pass-first players. LA should be sweeping Denver, but they lost this last game, and maybe will lose the entire series, because of Phil's nonchalant coaching and failure to get in his point guards' faces to insist they're past-first 1's. Kobe also needs to let it be known what he wants.

As a former basketball coach, I can tell you that the point guard and the center are the two most positions on a basketball team. If your point guard is incompetent, as a result of selfishness or lack of trust in teammates, you're screwed.

My prediction is that, if LA straightens out, they win in 6. If not, they lose in 6.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
He's not a dominant big man. Patrick Ewing was not one, either. He's a complete player, able to execute at a high level. The problem he's having is that Phil doesn't set down a firm plan to go to Pau, as clearly the second best player on this team, he doesn't tell his players to look for Pau or, if he does, doesn't hold them accountable for not doing so. He got 8 shots and went 5-8, a lot of those were off of offensive rebounds. They need to allow him more touches.

Also, many times, off of pick and rolls, they decided to pass out for lower percentage three pointers, instead of throwing it in to Pau. There were a few times where, off the pick and roll, Pau wound up with JR Smith on him, as Kenyon Martin or some other guy was forced to switch off Pau on the screen, yet the ball went out for a three, instead of over the top for an easy dunk.

Here are the numbers for the Lakers' main point guard: Derek Fisher: 3 points, 1-9, 2 turnovers, 3 assists (same number as Pau), in 27 minutes. LA is full of selfish point guards. They could be more effective, if they just started to buy into the concept of being pass-first players. LA should be sweeping Denver, but they lost this last game, and maybe will lose the entire series, because of Phil's nonchalant coaching and failure to get in his point guards' faces to insist they're past-first 1's. Kobe also needs to let it be known what he wants.

As a former basketball coach, I can tell you that the point guard and the center are the two most positions on a basketball team. If your point guard is incompetent, as a result of selfishness or lack of trust in teammates, you're screwed.

My prediction is that, if LA straightens out, they win in 6. If not, they lose in 6.

Dude. You get so wrapped up in your own shit that you'd say this feeble b.s on ko.com. Patrick Ewing was not a dominant big man..... Really?

I know you and your gf Gaybcd love being antagonistic, but if you're gonna start pulling out this bogus crap about Ewing then why dont you just fukk off. Blasphemous knob warrior.

It's a shame cos your posts are actually quite good.....You're just an arrogant cunt.

I'm sure you'll reply with another 86 paragraph post about blah blah blah Ewing blah ****ing blah , but whether or not you do, it becomes clearer and clearer that you're just a prick who entices people into confrontations for the sake of impressing your bum chums.

FO&D

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
Dude. You get so wrapped up in your own shit that you'd say this feeble b.s on ko.com. Patrick Ewing was not a dominant big man..... Really?

I know you and your gf Gaybcd love being antagonistic, but if you're gonna start pulling out this bogus crap about Ewing then why dont you just fukk off. Blasphemous knob warrior.

It's a shame cos your posts are actually quite good.....You're just an arrogant cunt.

I'm sure you'll reply with another 86 paragraph post about blah blah blah Ewing blah ****ing blah , but whether or not you do, it becomes clearer and clearer that you're just a prick who entices people into confrontations for the sake of impressing your bum chums.

FO&D

Ewing is my all time favorite player, period: I would never knock him. I'm using dominant in the context of powering over people, having unstoppable offensive skills in the paint, etc. Patrick Ewing was a consistent force, in the paint and from range, able to change the game at both ends in favor of the Knicks, a great player. However, in my opinion, he was not quite dominant. There were too many occasions where he would be stopped or would defer to guys not as good as he, like Starks.

There have only been a few dominant players in this league: Shaq, Wilt Chamberlain, Tim Duncan. There are just not many guys, in NBA history, that could, in their prime, break a team's spirit in the paint.

It's also an opinion, and I'm open to others. I think that was clear in the post. Your buddies, however, are the ones that make provocative, self-righteous comments, as if what they say is the final authority on basketball.

Like I said, I'm open to other opinions. Dominance is too abstract to speak on with certainty.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Well, I guess it is abstract and uncertain when you're being so specific or non specific.

It is a broad term in basketball. You could say that even players like Mutombo, Payton or even a Mitch Richmond were dominant players at their respective positions.

I still think as far as dominance goes there are those that are organic phenomenons who are overwhelmingly dominant (courtesy of sheer size) like Shaq or Wilt were, and those that dominate through abilty as opposed to braun. No dis on Wilt or Shaq because as I said, they're phenomenons.

Olajuwon for example, destroyed Shaq's brute force with finesse. Stupified David Robinson with contorting spins and made our once beloved Chris Dudley (who was a great post defender) have an epileptic fit. He even scrubbed our beloved P.A Ewing.

Then there was Kareem, and David Robinson now Dwight Howard. And that's only the big guys!

So, I still think Pat was dominant and as far as dominance goes, Pao is dominant....He's all class. He's not soft, he's just not strong. He's as rounded as any 7 footer and his footwork is magic @ that size.

That's the difference within the term that I retorted to in your comment.

Gotta put on the gloves when Pat's involved...lol

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
Well, I guess it is abstract and uncertain when you're being so specific or non specific.

It is a broad term in basketball. You could say that even players like Mutombo, Payton or even a Mitch Richmond were dominant players at their respective positions.

I still think as far as dominance goes there are those that are organic phenomenons who are overwhelmingly dominant (courtesy of sheer size) like Shaq or Wilt were, and those that dominate through abilty as opposed to braun. No dis on Wilt or Shaq because as I said, they're phenomenons.

Olajuwon for example, destroyed Shaq's brute force with finesse. Stupified David Robinson with contorting spins and made our once beloved Chris Dudley (who was a great post defender) have an epileptic fit. He even scrubbed our beloved P.A Ewing.

Then there was Kareem, and David Robinson now Dwight Howard. And that's only the big guys!

So, I still think Pat was dominant and as far as dominance goes, Pao is dominant....He's all class. He's not soft, he's just not strong. He's as rounded as any 7 footer and his footwork is magic @ that size.

That's the difference within the term that I retorted to in your comment.

Gotta put on the gloves when Pat's involved...lol

With me, there's no need to defend Ewing: he's my favorite player, like I said. To me, dominance is the ability of a big man, a center, to overwhelm a team on the interior, shed guys as he scores, to a point where double teams, etc., are useless. Dwight Howard seems, to me, like he might get there, eventually. Dwight has been called dominant by announcers. Other than Curry, believe it or not, and Shaq, I haven't heard anyone else called dominant, as of late.
Right now, Dwight just shows us shades of dominance, in my opinion. He's not unstoppable, from what I've seen.

The problem with dominance, as a category, however, is that it requires a player have brute force, muscle. Most "dominant" players tend to lack a full set of skills. Tim Duncan is an exception, in my opinion. As you age, though, the power fades. And, if you don't have other skills, you become obsolete. A guy like Brook Lopez will outlast a guy like Dwight Howard, for that simple reason: Lopez is versatile, Howard is almost exclusively reliant on brute force. Shaq is on a sharp decline, for a guy that's only 37, and looks almost done, even though centers tend to last longer than guys at other positions.

As for Olajuwon, he outplayed Shaq, through the effectiveness of his skill, over Shaq's power. Shaq was really young, at that point, though. If he was a couple of years older, it might have been a different story with that series.

As for Ewing, I think he didn't assert himself, back in 94, the way he would later in his career. This is why Olajuwon took a title from him. In game 7, he showed what he could do, on certain plays, but he kept deferring to Starks, instead of taking over. Patrick combined finesse and power well. In game 7, he was hitting lots of clutch, and momentum, shots. But, when he could have buried Houston, he decided to defer to Starks, unfortunately.

Pau Gasol, in my opinion, is not dominant, either, and probably has power comparable to Ewing's: can get open dunks, occasionally dunk on defenders. What I like about him most is that, like Ewing, his presence changes the game for a team, changes pace in his team's favor. Too bad we didn't make a move for him, as I was dying for Isiah to do, he would have revived the franchise. The problem was that people didn't really know him that well, because of the small market he played in.

The main problem with Pau is that he doesn't demand the touches that he should be getting, and he doesn't hold the Laker point guards accountable for providing those touches. Fisher should not be logging, in 30 minutes, 3 assists and 2 turnovers. That's ridiculous. I had a point guard like that, and I turned him into a team manager, until he straightened out.

Anyway, dominant is a loaded term. Dominance is really a matter of opinion and not something that you can quantify with stats.

Last edited:

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com

Don't talk about your father like that, faqqot. If it wasn't for the nice f*(k I gave your mother, you would not be born. Now, go to bed before I have to slap you upside your head. It is way passed your bedtime, sucka.

2Harlem6.jpg

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Dwight Howard seems, to me, like he might get there, eventually. Dwight has been called dominant by announcers. Other than Curry, believe it or not, and Shaq, I haven't heard anyone else called dominant, as of late.
Right now, Dwight just shows us shades of dominance, in my opinion. He's not unstoppable, from what I've seen.

Curry? I guess when compared to Howard (in Curry's short lived prime) he was his scoring equivalent. But the divergence when comparing the traits of dominance in 5 men imo, is the arsenal that brings them (& their opponents) out of the paint.

As a result, I still gotta run with Olajuwon as the most dominant center I've ever seen.

My boys and I used to call his left baseline game the "tranquilizer zone" where his immediate opponents were rendered virtually ineffective. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. That was incredible to watch. The footwork, passing, shooting, screening (and this is on the offensive end only!) can only be summed up as bullshit really.

He could change a game with his defense as well.

As I said with Shaq, (and I know he had that 38 & 16 average v Indiana in the first of LA's 3 peats) he is an organic phenomenon. However, and this is how I've always looked at it, If you were to put a man of equal or more mass against O'Neal and of equal athleticism it'd result in a stale mate. Behemoths clashing fruitlessly in that small circumference they are restricted to. It's just that monsters are rare. There was what 40 years between Shaq & Wilt?

As for Olajuwon, he outplayed Shaq, through the effectiveness of his skill, over Shaq's power. Shaq was really young, at that point, though. If he was a couple of years older, it might have been a different story with that series.

I think if the Lakers were to have played Hakeem's Rockets, then yes in the essence of team vs team. And coach vs coach.

But still, Olajuwons ability to seperate himself from the paint over the years
and hand his direct opponents asses to them (and there's an impressive list of asses there), makes him the best and most dominant center/front court player of the modern era for that brief 2-3 year period. 95 especially. In my humble opinion.

The reasons being that his biblical versatility discombobulated (I went there) the minds and learnings of other centers/pfs.

Nevermind:

A short palmed hook that was more like handball shooting than traditional hooks that roll off the fingers was high %.

A ball cradling spin that could take him from the baseline out to the ft circle quickly and straighten him out for a good look at the basket and do so in the opposite direction as well be it left or right (usually right).

An impressive vertical leap.

Peripheral passing ability in the lane and out as well as to and from the perimeter.

And the fact that the guy came into the league touted solely as a defensive juggernaut with Ben Wallace range and moulded himself into an offensive machine.

So that's how I see dominance, a salad of versatility, strength, size and co-ordination. Not rambunctious (spelling?) goliaths hurling their glutes into their defenders. And in Hakeem's case, the salad won.

Just saying.....

As for Ewing, I think he didn't assert himself, back in 94, the way he would later in his career. This is why Olajuwon took a title from him. In game 7, he showed what he could do, on certain plays, but he kept deferring to Starks, instead of taking over. Patrick combined finesse and power well. In game 7, he was hitting lots of clutch, and momentum, shots. But, when he could have buried Houston, he decided to defer to Starks, unfortunately

I couldn't possibly concur more. I hate to even think about it.....****
Anyway, dominant is a loaded term. Dominance is really a matter of opinion and not something that you can quantify with stats.

True that.....

Which I guess leaves it down to rings on fingers and the role played within to garner them. Leaving Jordan, Magic, Bird, Russell and Havlicek the most dominant winners in history.

Jesus this could go on forever.....

Peace

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
See what happens when Pau gets more than 6 or 7 touches? 20 points, 11 rebounds, 1 block, 7-12 from the field, including 2 clutch shots, late in the game.

Look at all the softness he exudes on you haters.

pau.jpg

quiggle

Starter
very solid on defense how many points did Birdman score again last night?

610x.jpg

610x.jpg

maybe his soft label is starting to fade, he was rather physically aggresive taking out Ariza
610x.jpg

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
21 Points, 11 Rebounds, 1 Block = Soft?

Here's a quote from Carmelo Anthony. Anyone who wants to google it, feel free.

Carmelo Anthony, after game 3:
"For the most part we were winning the game," said Anthony, who fouled out in the final minute. "The rebounds were even, the assists were even. Gasol was the key for them tonight."

As for your photo album of Gasol, it's a complete manipulation of what happened in those pics and in the game. First of all, all the Lakers, even with Pau on the bench, failed to guard Andersen. They allowed him lots of room, so that they could instead double Anthony. The Lakers also won, and Pau outplayed all of the Nuggets, so what's your point?

The first picture is an open dunk, which could have been the result of a fastbreak, someone else: Bynum or Odom screwing up, etc. Pau even looks upset at the play, which is what sets him apart from many others, dissatisfaction with mediocrity and a will to win. Thanks for proving this.

The second picture shows Gasol behind Andersen and reaching around him to try to secure the block. He nearly got him, and it goes to show how much heart he has. At that point, from what I remember, Andersen was not his man (he was Odom's) and Pau, as he always does, tried to help and pick Andersen up, when Odom drifted too far away.

The third is just a joke, Pau standing in the paint, as Ariza drives into him and Nene stands behind him, equals what exactly? At most, it means there was a lack of communication. How does this prove him soft or someone the Knicks could ever trade for, now that he's helped bring the Lakers 20+ games over what they were winning in the past?

Isiah had his chance, he screwed up... dream on, b!tch.

Gasol, explaining Andersen being open in game 3. Below is a link to the source...

We got him to shoot tougher shots, forced him into penetrating a little more, didn't let him get into his usual rhythm ... We were helping our small forwards that have such a tough task to be able to stay in front of such a big body.

More from Gasoft (regular season), being nice and soft...

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JnkGWgCu5ig&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

Last edited:

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
watched the game and really enjoyed it, two very good teams battling it out, neither team played near perfect however. but there was something mark jackson said that kinda made me curious. pau gasol made a good move, and while pau was on the line, jackson said pau was the third best player in that series. one and two are obv kobe than melo. but im still stuck on whose better between pau gasol and chauncey billups. its hard to knock eitha one, but im not sure if id rather have gasol than billups. ur thoughts?

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Don't talk about your father like that, faqqot. If it wasn't for the nice f*(k I gave your mother, you would not be born. Now, go to bed before I have to slap you upside your head. It is way passed your bedtime, sucka.
You can see the ecstacy in Booker T's face here as Gaybcd drains him in professional ass lord form...
2Harlem6.jpg
Oh hello man crush gaylord. Back on the keyboard again are we...Bit of time off between handling black meat? Go back to project covo!

You know they call me Crazy8s because when your mother starts barking and gagging, it means she wants me to rotate my helmet in a figure 8 around her worn & torn a-hole. She loves it! Then I throw her over to Booker T for the end game drumming.

Your Dad tends to cry when I do it but he needs any form of assistance in sexual matters because his fukking style results in the breeding of retards.

Do I wanna say stuff like this? No. I'm just as sick of this fool as everyone else bar those on here he worships because he's a lap dog. Get off this site Gaybcd Boston fans are dicks, go join on...You are the biggest twat on here.:2cents:

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Oh hello man crush gaylord. Back on the keyboard again are we...Bit of time off between handling black meat? Go back to project covo!

You know they call me Crazy8s because when your mother starts barking and gagging, it means she wants me to rotate my helmet in a figure 8 around her worn & torn a-hole. She loves it! Then I throw her over to Booker T for the end game drumming.

Get off your period, CrazyKate.

The more you b!tc#, scream, and moan, the more you expose your pussy.
cassie_ventura_nude_03.jpg

CrazyKate, leaking her vagina on the internet.

I can tell you work the track, by the way you split your legs, everytime you get frustrated.
SuperStock_1491R-1016426.jpg

Nobody wants to see that, so close your cobwebs, ho.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
It must be off putting for a gay man to leak hetero filth onto others.
You get so desperate don't you.....Keep 'em comin' gaybcd. You man flower.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
It must be off putting for a gay man to leak hetero filth onto others.
You get so desperate don't you.....Keep 'em comin' gaybcd. You man flower.

Man, as an objective outsider, I have to break it to you, but ABCD destroyed your knicksonline persona. Anything you say, after this, can't compare to what he just did. When you post, all I'll be able to think of is Cassie's groin hardware.
Wait... that might be a good thing.

And man-flower? What is that?

Last edited:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Didn't know there were personas on here btw? If someone posts a vagina, then hip hip hooray for all.

I'm not angry with Gaybcd, I just want him to know that

hey....

SMILE-OK-Be-Gay-smiley-face.gif

You don't have to protect him, I'm totally pc!

He just needs to stop creaming his undies over ball players that aren't as homo-erotically inclined as himself...

I think we should motion to send a letter to Fats Curry in an attempt for the 2 to practice some "interior plays".

That way at least he can smoke the pole of someone who actually plays for our team.:fellatio:

All in favor?

I

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
I guarantee some closet homo-lurker will report this beautiful picture, this work of art, to Rady, within the next hour. SMH@snitching homos, in advance of the inevitable snitching.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Why do you protect him (and your opinion you consider gospel) so much? It's ridiculous....I guess conflict is a quencher for your ego?

You are a silly sausage.

smokes

Huge Member
I guarantee some closet homo-lurker will report this beautiful picture, this work of art, to Rady, within the next hour. SMH@snitching homos, in advance of the inevitable snitching.

I ain't reporting it, but still, not exactly what you wanna see first thing in the morning as your waking up with a coffee :p