The Official Stephan Curry Thread

he is not a pg ... he is a sg trying to make the very difficult transition... throughout his life he had the offense run through him that is no longer the case since he is a pure shooter and smaller physically that most people at his position.... we should pick a versatile player who is proven at the point like a lawson, jrue (hs all american pg played out of position last year and still did fine) , or johnny flynn.... and if you are gunna go for a sg that you want to mold into a pg then why wouldnt you go for the 6'6 tyreke evens.... his combo of size talent and youth make him a very valuable rookie...
curry is a more athletic reddick in size and style of play... this will be a big mistake

we need a big man and a pg... we are already loaded up with guys playing out of position like lee playing center and guys like qrich and chandler taking turns at the 2 and nate being a tiny sg.... its time we start making picks that fit the positions

Toons

is the Bo$$
Hoe can you argue that he is a pg/sg in a negative light, and then argue that he is not versitile?
no one is proven yet, because they are all rookies.
reddick? no heart reddick? watch a game bruh
chandler shoudl be playing the 2
6'3'' really aint that small....just needs to hit the weight room

Kiyaman

Legend
smokes, i guess its cus i want to see chandler at the 2 spot permanently. 6'3 guard, a 6'6'' sg, gallo, a 6'10'' sf, lee at 6'10 and whoever else

Toons....all your positives on Curry is true that he is a Top 10 pick in this draft, I like Curry too.
But....u and I must admit for the first time in Duhon & Nate's NBA career they were finally given consistent playingtime above 26 mpg and not to many guards in the league out played them. For Duhon & Nate to be considered by many to be backups (which they both accept and does well), u have to give them their Props in holding down our guards spots for 50 straight games this season all by themselves.

In every Knick forum on the web this season the evaluation of Wilson Chandler has concluded him to be a "natural" SF. Whom has the talents to switch on a defensive play to defend SG & PF well (which is a natural SF duties). We supposed to be improving Wilson Chandlers talents at the SF position so he will be able to play at the next level when we do make the playoffs.

I want coach Rick Pitino's senior SG-Terrence Williams in this draft b/c he can do all the things we expected $27M Larry Hughes to do as our 3rd guard in the rotation. Terrence court awareness, running the break, passing-skillz, put backs, and defending SF, SG, PG, is what we are looking for to add to PG-Duhon, PG/SG-Nate, SF-Chandler, SF/PF-Harrington, and PF-Lee.

If we are going to draft a replacement for any player on our last season roster it should be C-Thabeet for Curry, or SG-Terrence/SG-Henderson for Hughes and Q.Rich.

We are not looking to build a Championship contender this offseason....we are looking to add hard working "assets" that compliment and improve the short amount of decent players inwhich we do have on our roster.

Drafting SG-Terrence Williams will make our ending contracts Hughes & Q.Rich step up their performance by working out hard this offseason.
We already know that Duhon, Nate, Chandler, and Lee works out hard every offseason at improving their performance as a team.
So replacing these players when we have deep-deep holes at other positions that need to be answered says what???

There is no Shaqs, Kobe, D.Wade, CP3, Deron, or Lebrons in this draft....only a Duncan in Blake Griffin (will Clippers hire a coach to help Griffin play at the next level like Duncan had David Robinson?).
The NBA is still reveiwing Ricky Rubio
There's a article on NBA.com
"How good is Spain Ricky Rubio?
He's guided his Spanish league team to the championship round. A slew of NBA scouts, executives and coaches are on hand to break down his game. Just how good is Ricky Rubio? Jonathan Givony offers his take on the 18-year-old guard.

Toons

is the Bo$$
couldnt read it all Kiyah, gat a meeting to go too shortly, but if we have a 2010 plan, we should keep lebrons seat available. Wilson can be groomed into a all star 2 imo

ANU

Starter
i like curry, but he's just small.I'd really like a little more toughness on this team.

TunerAddict

Starter
The more I think about Curry as a knick the more it makes sense. He is truly the best guy we could get for this system with the 8th pick.

Toons

is the Bo$$
Correctly deciding whether or not a 6'3" guard known for his scoring will be a success in the NBA can be as tiresome a process as drafting that future Hall of Fame quarterback or deciding which pitching prospect can handle the spotlight.

To truly evaluate a player, you must understand his skill set and know what he is capable of on the court. Curry, of course, has his knockdown jumper with limitless range and a quick release, but his game by no means ends there. Curry has great court vision and is not a selfish player. In the '08/'09 season, Curry averaged 5.6 assists. That's considerably more than highly-touted prospects Darren Collison, Tyreke Evans, and Tony Douglas averaged, and within one assist of what both Ty Lawson and Eric Maynor averaged. He also put up that amount of assists while at times carrying his team, in regards to the scoreboard.

Even with all that said, it was never really a secret that Stephen Curry has a great deal of offensive skill. Defensively, however, he is horribly underrated. Stephen Curry averaged 2.5 steals a game in the '08/'09 season, which is more than Ty Lawson, Eric Maynor, and almost every other guard in the nation averaged. Now by no means am I saying that numbers mean everything, but Curry's stats don't hurt him.

With strengths of course come weaknesses, and most of Curry's stem from his lack of strength. He isn't as physically imposing on defense as you would like a point guard to be, but strength can be added, and that one problem will not stop Curry from being a success in the NBA.

With all of that said, Curry brings a great jump shot and a knack for scoring, very good court vision, quick hands on defense, and a little to be desired, strength-wise. Now I'm not calling him Steve Nash or Mike Bibby, but I am saying that that particular skill set can not only work, but thrive, in today's NBA