Trade For 2nd Pick?

TunerAddict

Starter
I'd rather it be Curry then Jeffries. But if we don't fall in love with a player at the 8th spot i wouldn't be adversed to that trade. We get Conley who only went to college one year and would be more NBA ready based on playing time in the league and the expiring contract of Darko.

Reason I didn't use Curry was that I couldn't on the trade machine because he can terminate his contract this summer.

portega1968

El Cacique
Curry, resigned Lee and the 8th pick for

1. Darko, resigned Warrick and the second pick

or

2. Collison, Watson, Sefolosha and third pick

just brainstorming... Walsh must take advantage of Memphis or OKC somnehow

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
Yea i def wouldn't mind trading the 8th pick in order to get rid of Curry or Jefferies, and perhaps a few players in return....

but sooner or later we going to have to start getting players we want to keep around... i suppose we could do that later in this off season though..getting rid of Curry / Jefferies would be big. perhaps more then getting Stephon Curry for who we could get as a result down the line having released Curry/Jefferies off the books

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
8th Pick + David Lee + Cash for 2nd Pick

This would allow us draft ricky rubio!

Would does everyone think?

If we traded for the #2 pick then I better see a big center wearing a Knicks hat.All these years having to watch all these little starting lineups for us play without a huge center is driving me nuts.I agree with The Portable Man this teams needs are a center and shooting guard.

dave2138

Rotation player
Curry, resigned Lee and the 8th pick for

1. Darko, resigned Warrick and the second pick

or

2. Collison, Watson, Sefolosha and third pick

just brainstorming... Walsh must take advantage of Memphis or OKC somnehow

Why stop there? How about we get Mayo and Durant in those deals too..

I don't want anything to do with Oklahoma or Memphis in a trade. They are going to want way too much for those picks and Thabeet, Harden, Rubio not worth the price in my opinion. I'd rather keep Chandler, Lee and Stephen Curry or whoever the #8 pick is.

Toons

is the Bo$$
i have not seen rubio defend sadly, but why is it that dudes compare curry to crawford?? curry slashes, finishes, and was top 5 in steals

ANU

Starter
lee can't be traded till he is resigned.i'm ok with us retaining him. we should however get a second pick and draft mullens.

the portable man

Benchwarmer
u know what, i take back some of what i said

i was just watchin that usa vs. spain game from last year and rubio stripped chris paul in the 4th like it was nothin, lebron was like :eek:, prolly wishin he had rubio now instead of mo williams

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
I just don't see Rubio being picked until the Sacramento Kings get to pick at 4th Overall. Clippers are getting Griffin, Memphis is going for a Center with Thabeet and remember what happen to Navarro from Spain in Memphis, No way Rubio ends there. OKC, already has Russell Westbrook and are passing up Rubio for Harden I believe. Then, Kings at 4th will take Rubio with the Wizards getting Jordan Hill.

None of this teams however can afford the buyout of Rubio's contract. After analyzing this even more the Knicks have a great chance of getting this kid at 6'5 with a wingspan of 6'10.

We better trade up for Rubio and forget about re-signing both Lee and Nate.

2010-2011 Knick Lineup:
pg Ricky Rubio
sg Joe Johnson
sf Danilo Gallinari
pf Wilson Chandler
c Chris Bosh

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Rubio's Buy-Out

I just don't see Rubio being picked until the Sacramento Kings get to pick at 4th Overall. Clippers are getting Griffin, Memphis is going for a Center with Thabeet and remember what happen to Navarro from Spain in Memphis, No way Rubio ends there. OKC, already has Russell Westbrook and are passing up Rubio for Harden I believe. Then, Kings at 4th will take Rubio with the Wizards getting Jordan Hill.

None of this teams however can afford the buyout of Rubio's contract. After analyzing this even more the Knicks have a great chance of getting this kid at 6'5 with a wingspan of 6'10.

We better trade up for Rubio and forget about re-signing both Lee and Nate.

2010-2011 Knick Lineup:
pg Ricky Rubio
sg Joe Johnson
sf Danilo Gallinari
pf Wilson Chandler
c Chris Bosh

An NBA team can contribute only $500,000 to a buy-out. The player has to take care of the rest. Sacramento etc. can afford $500,000. But can Rubio afford a place like Sacramento? His opportunities in LA or New York would be much greater. Rubio has some leverage. His current buy-out is harsh, given that he makes less that $250,000 a year. The buy-out will diminish significantly in the future. He can decide to stay in Europe for a couple of years. Whoever picks him will retain rights to him for several years. But how patient will Sacramento etc. be?

There may be a chance of getting Rubio, but it is unrelated to a contribution to his buy-out.