Donnie Walsh loves Thabeet

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Trade whoever it takes to get Thabeet!! He is the center that we have needed since Ewing left.Make it happen Walsh!!!!!!!

Don't trade the whole team away but try and put enough on the table that will make the trade happen.Im tired of the short starting lineups every year and getting a center would change that.

JayJ44

Starter
Thabeet is a bust. He's soft, and he won't be nearly as effective in the NBA as he is in college. Has no offensive game, and he gets bullied by smaller players.

Bernard_King

Benchwarmer
What? Thabeet can run the floor like a deer and he can block shots. As he got jump out of the gym. He may never be a offense force? But he will get between 10-12 rebs and get 2-3 blocks per game. That is a long term starter in the NBA and defense wins championships.

King of New York

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
I agree with you Jay,he has gotten bullied by the likes of Blair from Pitt but still we need a center imo.His ofensive skills need to improve but his defense most of the time is very good with 4-6 blocks a game and 12-15 rebounds in most of his games.He might be a bust who knows but I just want a center b/c im sick of these little lineups that we put out there every year.

I would have him to do a workout for the Knicks and bring in somebody like David Lee or Al Harrington to play a little one on one and see how he does.If he stinks up the joint then forget out him BUT if he dominates then the Knicks imo have to make a run for him.

metrocard

Legend
You guys can't be mad if we got Thabeet.

He'll never be a 15 ppg scorer, but he could average Dalembert type numbers + a little more blocks....thats not bad at all.

Scribbles

Rotation player
He does remind me of a giraffe when he runs. One thing I noticed is that the way he runs is kind of risky for an NBA Player who's got to endure durability.

SUPER NO HOMO: It's like he sticks his ass outwards when he runs, it's risky because his back is arched inward and he's more vulnerable to tweaking his lower back especially with the more physical players in the NBA. Just an observation....

Last thing we need, is another bad back.

But Thabeet on the NYK would be killer!

JayJ44

Starter
He's got too many weaknesses though. He's not even that good of a man to man defender because he's so weak, especially in his lower body. He won't be a good rebounder at the next level, he's always getting boxed out, and pushed out of position in college. Imagine what it's gonna be like in the NBA. Bad passer, hands like a rock, basically a turnover waiting to happen.

Maybe he's not a bust, but at the very least he's a project. I just think we need someone who can produce right away. He's definitely not worth trading for. Maybe if he falls to us we can think about picking him up, otherwise, don't bother with him, IMO.

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
He's got too many weaknesses though. He's not even that good of a man to man defender because he's so weak, especially in his lower body. He won't be a good rebounder at the next level, he's always getting boxed out, and pushed out of position in college. Imagine what it's gonna be like in the NBA. Bad passer, hands like a rock, basically a turnover waiting to happen.

Maybe he's not a bust, but at the very least he's a project. I just think we need someone who can produce right away. He's definitely not worth trading for. Maybe if he falls to us we can think about picking him up, otherwise, don't bother with him, IMO.

Thabeet= the next Kandy man

LOIOSH30

Benchwarmer
I don't know about Thabeet...Part of me thinks he'll never be any better Kwame Brown. But I think there is a realistic chance that he can become a Marcus Camby type of player. He's light in the ass and easy to push around, but always active on defense and able to get a lot of blocks from the weak side. You have to remember, Camby wasn't much of a player for the first four or five seasons he was in the league, and I think Thabeet will be the same. Just my opinion...