Chandler to have surgery

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
just what we need...

Knicks forward Chandler to have ankle surgery
E-MAIL PRINT COMMENTS 1 WATCH THIS TOPIC
Posted: June 2, 2009
Sporting News staff reports

New York Knicks forward Wilson Chandler is expected to have surgery on his left ankle to remove a bone spur, the New York Post reports.

Chandler, who averaged 14.4 points and 5.4 rebounds as a second-year player this season, was expected to play for the Knicks in the summer league. Play starts July 10 in Las Vegas, but ankle surgery would keep Chandler out for six weeks.

No date has been set for the surgery.

smokes

Huge Member
Yeah, this is a shame but if he gets it done quickly he can still be rehab'ed up by the time Vegas hits.

Best of luck to Wilson and the Knicks!

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Nasty.

He should be fine at his age though once the new bone has been removed.

He should play a limited role at most @ the summer camp. Especially considering he started so many games last year. That's gotta be experience enough. Throw in Fats Curry instead.

Gallo too should be excluded.

Back strong for Willy C next season with a 16ppg 7rpg & 4apg average along with a nod to the all defensive 3rd team.

Hopefully.:gony:

ANU

Starter
why the he'll has it taken so long? dudes need to get their heads out of their asses.

Kiyaman

Legend
Here is the whole article:

Wilson Chandler, the Knicks' most pleasant surprise of last season, is expected to have surgery on his left ankle to remove a bone spur, a league source said last night.
Chandler played in all 82 games in his second year in the NBA and was planning on playing for the Knicks in the summer league starting July 10 in Las Vegas. But ankle surgery would keep him sidelined for six weeks.
A Knicks official confirmed Chandler has bone-spur issues and is considering surgery, but no date has been set for the procedure.
The athletic and versatile Chandler turned into one of Isiah Thomas' best maneuvers, taking him with the 23rd pick of the 2007 draft. Voted to the Rookie-Sophomore All-Star Game last season, Chandler averaged 14.4 points and 5.4 rebounds.
Mike D'Antoni considers Chandler one of three building blocks, along with rookie Danilo Gallinari and David Lee. D'Antoni feels the DePaul product can play shooting guard, small forward or power forward next season.
Gallinari, despite what insiders say has been a very successful rehab stint from back surgery, also is expected to miss the summer league.
* Knicks president Donnie Walsh departs for Italy this week for a Reebok-sponsored European draft camp. The Knicks hold their first pre-draft workouts June 9.

Kiyaman

Legend
Coach Dantoni has the audacity to put the name Danilo Galinari in the same sentence of building a team. Remember this article:

D'AN THREATENS TO CLEAN HOUSE
TORONTO -- Unless you have a bad back and were born in Milan, nobody on the Knicks' roster should feel comfortable about returning next season. That was the message from coach Mike D'Antoni yesterday before the Knicks beat the Raptors 112-103 at Air
New York Post - 02:45:21 AM, Monday April 06, 2009 EDT
Another version of Isiah & Marbury vs the 33 win Knick roster

Chandler angle surgery is ledgit after playing all 82 games......Gallo back injury has been fake and questionable since his first summer league game lastseason.

Here are some of the questions I would like to ask Dantoni:

What is Gallo trade value? higher or lower than Mobleys?
What # pick could we trade Gallo for in this draft? first round or second round?
What NBA team would take a chance on trading for Gallo now?

The name Danilo Galinari should be the last name mention out of G.M./Coach Dantoni's mouth after this past season.....Gallo missing so many games is starting to make him a 2011 draft pick if he keeps this up...

JayJ44

Starter
Coach Dantoni has the audacity to put the name Danilo Galinari in the same sentence of building a team. Remember this article:

D'AN THREATENS TO CLEAN HOUSE
TORONTO -- Unless you have a bad back and were born in Milan, nobody on the Knicks' roster should feel comfortable about returning next season. That was the message from coach Mike D'Antoni yesterday before the Knicks beat the Raptors 112-103 at Air
New York Post - 02:45:21 AM, Monday April 06, 2009 EDT
Another version of Isiah & Marbury vs the 33 win Knick roster

Chandler angle surgery is ledgit after playing all 82 games......Gallo back injury has been fake and questionable since his first summer league game lastseason.

What # pick could we trade Gallo for in this draft? first round or second round?
What NBA team would take a chance on trading for Gallo now?

The name Danilo Galinari should be the last name mention out of G.M./Coach Dantoni's mouth after this past season.....Gallo missing so many games is starting to make him a 2011 draft pick if he keeps this up...

Gallo>>>Chandler

JayJ44

Starter
____I♥NY____;93866 said:
Not even close, what are you high???????

Gallo<<<<<<<chandler[ quote]="">

On a bad back, Gallo was a more efficient scorer than Chandler. He's, by far, a better shooter. Gallo's b-ball IQ is far higher than Chandler.

It's really not even close. Gallo will prove to be an all-star caliber player next year and throughout his career. His combination of slashing, shooting, passing, and b-ball IQ is amazing. Chandler is just an athletic guy who can dunk on people. He's rarely focused on the court, makes bad decisions, sub-par shooting. Maybe he develops into something more, but he'll never be on Gallo's level.
</chandler[>

JayJ44

Starter
This.

Its like comparing the intelligence of a high schooler to a kindergartner.

Yeah, I remember one play this season where he just walked past the half court line, causing a back court violation. He looks half asleep sometimes when he's playing.

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
right now i don't think there's a question whether or not

Chandler >>>> Gallo

but Gallo has been hurt and is real young..

each have potential to grow, who will grow into the better player i think still remains to be seen...Chandler has really stepped up his game i think this past season, if he can continue to grow at that rate he'd be a good player....he has the skills, i think it's more bball iq/shot selection/consistency..

Gallo, we've seen obviously has a great shot, and will nail down the three more likely then not if he gets it off...but tbh i didn't see anything special from him as far as driving the ball goes...people are always saying how versatile he is or w.e as far as being a tall guy that can shoot threes and post up drive or w.e, but only thing i really saw he could do is nail 3s...he's a 'smart' player as people like to say, but from what little we saw, nothing really stood out other then his nice shot .....that being said, he was hurt/is real young, so i expect to see more of the other facets of his game that everyone talks about, like putting moves on people with the ball etc...that we did get to see some real nice glimpses of

so right now Chandler > Gallo, until we see other wise....

if each becomes what we hope they'll become, i think Gallo will be more efficient and effective given his size and what not...whether they'll both get there idk...

Kiyaman

Legend
On a bad back, Gallo was a more efficient scorer than Chandler. He's, by far, a better shooter. Gallo's b-ball IQ is far higher than Chandler.

It's really not even close. Gallo will prove to be an all-star caliber player next year and throughout his career. His combination of slashing, shooting, passing, and b-ball IQ is amazing. Chandler is just an athletic guy who can dunk on people. He's rarely focused on the court, makes bad decisions, sub-par shooting. Maybe he develops into something more, but he'll never be on Gallo's level.
</CHANDLER[>

JJ....what Knick games was u watching this year?
U lost your mf....ing mind.....
SF-Chandler was forced to play the PF position at the start of the season for 30 mpg, he gave KG, Bosh, Duncan, and Haslem problems on both sides of the court. Chandler played the PF postion with twice the energy than what Harrington put out.
In the middle of the season SF-Chandler was forced to play the SG position for 30 mpg where his steals and shotblocks increased (passing skillz were terrible), but he had oponents complaining to the officials about his close man on man defense.
This may have been SF-Wilson Chandler second season inwhich we all know Isiah Thomas DNP Chandler his rookie season to showcase a 30 mpg Q.Rich & Jefferies. However SF-Chandler performed like a 3 year veteran playing so many positions this past season for 34 mpg in 82 games.
I was waiting for SF-Wilson Chandler to hit the B-Ball WALL during January, but he showed all of us Knick-Fans what NBA-Ready really means by being mentally and physically prepared to perform 12 to 24 mpg in all 82 games.

Do u really want me to go into Gallo 28 game season performance of standing on the 3 point-line for spurts of 13 mpg while needing teammates to pick for him to show he is a "spot-up" shooter.....dont go there with me.

Will Danilo Galinari be able to play 12 to 24 mpg in 65 games next season? if he doesnt then he should've waited to enter the NBA draft in 2010 or 2011...

Kiyaman

Legend
Lets see your B-Ball IQ with these questions

Yeah, I remember one play this season where he just walked past the half court line, causing a back court violation. He looks half asleep sometimes when he's playing.

I also see your B-Ball IQ refuse to answer one of the questions I have for coach Dantoni.
When Greg Oden did not play one game his rookie season and could've been traded for the first pick last year.

"If" we decided to trade our last year 6th pick Danilo Gallinari for a draft pick this year, what number draft pick could we get for Gallo 28 game performance?
And what number draft pick for Wilson Chandler 82 game performance while going under the knife this offseason?

What NBA team would take a chance on trading for Gallo?

GetRealistic

Starter

What NBA team would take a chance on trading for Gallo?

1. Gallo has more value then Mobley... Only reason Mobley has value is its a bloated expiring contract of a guy who won't even hurt your roster number.

2. Gallo could be packaged with our 8th pick to get us into the top 5 easily... But what would that garner us?

3. With his low salary i but almost every team in the NBA would take a chance on trading for him.

You honestly think Wilson Chandler has greater upside then Danillo Gallinari? Really?

Chandler is a nice player and can contribute on a good team as a nice complimentary player or a solid guy off the bench while Gallinari can and will be a solid starter for this team for years to come. You honestly want to trade last years number 6 pick? And what do you propose we get for Gallinari in this trade? I 100% guarantee you Gallinari would be a top 5 pick in this draft if he stay in Italy for another year.

You people (especially Kiya) hate on Gallinari for no reason. He's still 20 years old and coming off an injury (the kid can't control that he was too injured to play) and when he did play last season you saw his potential. During that streak of good play in Late Feb and April where the Knicks fooled alot of us into the belief we were going to make the playoffs, Gallinari was one of the major catalysts for that team.

I'm perfectly fine with Gallinari, Lee, Chandler, 2009 First pick and whoever we can add in free agency come 2010 being the nuclues for the future of the Knicks.

And please don't complain about people missing summer league games. Because Summer league don't matter.

Kiyaman

Legend
GetReal.....dont get me wrong about Gallo....he showed great potential but physically he was not ready for the NBA last season and probably this upcomming season.
For some reason I just cant buy the back-injury thang....the same way I could'nt buy Gallo as a top 10 pick. Especially when he refuse to workout before the draft but O.J. Mayo was forced to workout and was considered a top-3 pick throughout NCAA season.

When Gallo work on his body to be physically strong to take the NBA's bumb & bruises and keep it moving....then and only then will Gallo be what me and my friends consider a dangerous two year project learning his ins & outs about oponents, officials, and the differ teams systems in the NBA.
These are things I dont expect any rookie or second season player to have down pack in their performance.....it takes consistent playingtime for players to learn how to perform well in the NBA (Duhon). Which is something Gallo did not get in his rookie season.

And yes, Gallo was a good piece to bring off the bench alongside Nate whom seem to need an outside-shooter for his energy transition game to be very effective on oponents.