Darko Milicic?

Giants89FLY

Rotation player
What up ladies and gents?! Havent been on in awhile... Miss the forum alot and its good to be back! Saw this piece of news and thought I would share it..

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/190736-knicks-to-pick-twice-in-the-first-round

" The New York Knicks offered to buy the Memphis Grizzlies' 27th pick in the NBA Draft for $3 million. The Grizzlies rejected the offer, but the Thunder and Bulls have multiple picks in the first round that could be up for sale. The Timberwolves own three first-round picks that could be on the block as well. The Hornets, who pick at 18, are having financial problems, and acquiring $3 million would be attractive.
Who are the players the Knicks should look at if they land a pick ranging from 18-27? This all depends what they do with the eighth selection.
Here are some options: Patty Mills (PG, St. Mary's), Jeff Teague (PG, Wake Forrest), Darren Collison (PG, UCLA), Toney Douglas (SG, Florida State), Sam Young (SF, Pitt), Gani Lawal(PF, Georgia Tech), and B.J. Mullens (C, Ohio St.).
There has also been speculation that the Knicks are interested in acquiring Memphis center Darko Milicic.

Any deal would have to include Quentin Richardson, whose contract expires after the 2009-2010 season. Richardson only averaged eight points in the last three months of the season. He fell out of the starting unit and missed significant time with an ankle injury.
Milicic is in the last year of his $21 million deal. The Serbian-born seven-footer would be an intriguing player for the Knicks because of his shot-blocking ability. Darko has a career average of 1.2 blocks in seven seasons.
Milicic is a serviceable big man and will be turning 24 years old this month.
The franchise has finished last in blocked shots the past two seasons."

Thoughts on Darko? :gony:

Knixy

Benchwarmer
Darko (1.2 blocks in 17.2 mpg) wouldn't be a bad backup Center.

I want Psycho T with the 27th pick.

demar derozen and toney douglas/collison or tyreke evens and toney douglas/collison would give us a brand new and capable back court

or we could get flynn or curry or holiday and a project like bj mullens adding a very athletic bigman to our squad...
either way i like these moves... also lawson or earl clark may be around at that time

i think if lawson is aorund you definately take him at 18-24... hed be too much of a steal ... at that point talent outweighs need... i know we have chandler but you can find a way to use clark or create a competition and use the othr as trade bait

sealy23

Rookie
demar derozen and toney douglas/collison or tyreke evens and toney douglas/collison would give us a brand new and capable back court

or we could get flynn or curry or holiday and a project like bj mullens adding a very athletic bigman to our squad...
either way i like these moves... also lawson or earl clark may be around at that time

i think if lawson is aorund you definately take him at 18-24... hed be too much of a steal ... at that point talent outweighs need... i know we have chandler but you can find a way to use clark or create a competition and use the othr as trade bait

agree about Clark. He reminds me of a tougher version Lamar Odom and I think he's gonna be a good player. If Lawson is gone and we have a pick, I really hope we grab Teague or Maynor if we haven't picked a PG w/ the 8.