Stephen Curry or Jonny Flynn?

• Stephen Curry

Votes: 16 64.0%
  • Jonny Flynn

Votes: 9 36.0%

• Total voters

bfab99

Benchwarmer
I'm just being realistic now here. The chance of us moving up a spot by trading D Lee and getting Thabeet (at #2 or #3), is pretty slim. The more I read online, it's looking like we're gonna pick Stephen Curry at the 8 spot, BUT there's been a lot interest in Curry now after his workouts (NBA Combine). I head Sacramento is very interested in him. So we might not get him afterall. Also, Jonny Flynn's stock has gone up nd I read somewhere that he wants to play for the Knicks.

Who do you think is better? Jonny Flynn or Stephen Curry? Who do you want?

TunerAddict

Starter
No thank you to Flynn. Guy is 6 ft tall and is only considered good because one good run in the big east tourney

Kiyaman

Legend
Both players wont receive 30 minutes or starter ability untill their 3rd to 5th season in the league and thats if they are on an average .440 team (37 wins).

Now if I had Curry and Flynn on my NBA roster....Flynn would start and Curry would be his backup.

Supermansdaddy

Benchwarmer
Athletically Curry did much better than i thought i would. And at 6'3, if he can truly play the point, i would rather him. His shooting is just too good to pass up....if the athleticism and PG skills translate

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knicks better grab a need in "SG-Terrence Williams with that 8th pick" and stop all the Bloodclod foolishness looking for a college one on one shoot first scoring pg in Curry, or any of these young athletic guards that need a couple more years of college...

bfab99

Benchwarmer
The Knicks better grab a need in "SG-Terrence Williams with that 8th pick" and stop all the Bloodclod foolishness looking for a college one on one shoot first scoring pg in Curry, or any of these young athletic guards that need a couple more years of college...

Terrence Williams, a shooting guard that CANNOT shoot? I don't know. We've got Wilson Chandler already (and Will is better all around). And we might get Lebron James in 2010, so Terrence Williams would be a wasted pick.

Terrence Williams, a shooting guard that CANNOT shoot? I don't know. We've got Wilson Chandler already (and Will is better all around). And we might get Lebron James in 2010, so Terrence Williams would be a wasted pick.

I honestly feel that steph curry is truly our best choice here are my reasons

1) the pedigree the dude comes from a basketball family so you know he was raised by a class act in dell curry I . E he wont put tats on his forehead and you will see him supporting his teammates on the bench instead of sulking with a towel over his head.

2) every one says shoot first, scoring point guard, ball hog etc, honestly from several interviews I have seen he appears to be very mature for his age. I honestly believe that maturity will transcend into a quality player at the point; meaning he will do whatever the coaching staff asks him to do, if its spread the floor and spot up he will, if its shooting more he will, if its passing more he will.

3) proven leader, he shot allot yes, but he had too, thing is he made allot a well. Any time a weak school goes to the elite 8 in the ncaa tourney you have to recognize their leader as being a serious ball player, steph took over the tourney 2 years ago and he did it on both ends of the floor to help his team win. You cant deny that, every one blows up flynns spot because he had one good big east tourney, what has flynn done in the NCAA tourney ahhhh nothing.

4) WE HAVE THE 8th Pick, honestly we have to remember where we are picking we are not top 5 or top 3 but 8 therefore, it is imperative that we take what best suits our need, and the most mature and team oriented player, I say this because no matter who we pick at 8 he will be a role player, flynn I could see bitchin for more time and clashing with guys like duhon and harrington, the dude demands the ball. Steph curry makes every one else on the floor better because he is a knock down jump shooter, if you leave him open he makes, if you push up on him he proved all year that he can trust him team mates and give the ball up, I see a lil bit of nate in flynn that I dont like.

5) HE wants to come here more than any one else.

Blas

Benchwarmer
I think Flynn's best case scenario will be skip to my lue. Basically a random event, there is nothing he will be great at, and I will probably cringe everytime I see him with the ball. Just like I cringe every time I see Raefer with the ball.

Terrance Williams = less athletic Wilson Chandler. Their college game was almost the same if you ever watched them both. Chandler was just more explosive and athletic.

I think Flynn's best case scenario will be skip to my lue. Basically a random event, there is nothing he will be great at, and I will probably cringe everytime I see him with the ball. Just like I cringe every time I see Raefer with the ball.

Terrance Williams = less athletic Wilson Chandler. Their college game was almost the same if you ever watched them both. Chandler was just more explosive and athletic.

CO-Sign

Co- Sign

Co- Sign

Knixy

Benchwarmer
Both Curry and Flynn are better than Duhon so we upgrade the pg position.

And T-Will is not a lottery pick.

richtree

Rotation player
Terrence Williams is a big time shooter and is make more offensively advanced that W. Chandler is and will be...

Williams and Young have big time potential with Young going to shoot the lights out and start in the NBA

dre48ny

Rotation player
Curry seems to fit the system better. He could shoot the lights out and from what I read at the combine, he is a legitmate PG. He is extremely mature cause he has been around the NBA since he was a kid. I think he's the right pick. He reminds me so much of Reggie MIller with that killer instinct when he shoots! Reggie killed us!!

Blumatic

Rotation player
I think Curry will be the next Chauncey Billups. Its always nice to have a pg who can score effectively. I heard his passing game is really good to. But we need to some how get a a shot blocker this summer. Its the only way the Knicks make it to the playoffs. We need someone to hold down the paint.

metrocard

Legend
I think Curry will be the next Chauncey Billups. Its always nice to have a pg who can score effectively. I heard his passing game is really good to. But we need to some how get a a shot blocker this summer. Its the only way the Knicks make it to the playoffs. We need someone to hold down the paint.

Chauncey Billups
Reggie Miller

only on Knicksonline.com, folks.

Curry is strong, has a post game, and plays all NBA defense?

JayJ44

Starter
Curry is like....bizarro Chauncey Billups. They're complete opposites.

Billups=Strong, pass-first, post-up, defensive, pure PG

Curry=Weak, shoot-first, no defense, tweener.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Chauncey Billups
Reggie Miller

only on Knicksonline.com, folks.

Curry is strong, has a post game, and plays all NBA defense?

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Curry does not have much D whatsoever.

We should try to swing a trade involving our 8th pick and something for shaq and the 14th pick. and draft lawson with that pick, considering he's projected to go late first round.

We should also try and go for pistons. We can go for their 1st rounder, and their early 2nd rounder.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/the_draft/FullMockDraft.asp

People were talking about danny green, we'd get him here in this scenario, and ty lawson.

hell, lets also do q rich for darko.

Lawson/Duhon
Green/Chandler
Gallo
Lee/Harrington
Darko

Anyone have ideas?

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Trade for Rubio or trade the 8th pick + Eddy Curry for an expiring contract. Those should be the only two choices.

LeFlume

All Star
defense is not only shot blocking, curry averaged almost 3 steals per game

And where did Stephen Curry play college ball? Oh yeah, that's right, In a conference that isn't even on the map of college ball. LeBron James is very high on Flynn, The King went above and beyond to help Johnny. He even called him up and set him up with his agent.

Johnny Flynn's sophomore year is comparable to Chris Paul's at Wake Forest. Both of them are 6'0", Johnny Flynn will be a special player. His floor vision and awerness is something that you can't teach..either you have it or you don't..

TunerAddict

Starter
And where did Stephen Curry play college ball? Oh yeah, that's right, In a conference that isn't even on the map of college ball. LeBron James is very high on Flynn, The King went above and beyond to help Johnny. He even called him up and set him up with his agent.

Johnny Flynn's sophomore year is comparable to Chris Paul's at Wake Forest. Both of them are 6'0", Johnny Flynn will be a special player. His floor vision and awerness is something that you can't teach..either you have it or you don't..

You're right in the sense that Flynn has something you cant teach...height. And he is on the lacking side of that lesson.

floor vision and awareness are easily teachable.