Article: Knicks Ready To Lean On Deke & Penny

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Knicks Ready To Lean On Deke & Penny

Portions of the article

Hardaway scored a season-high 21 (as a Knick) in Tuesday's rout of Chicago, while Mutombo, in his second game back off the IL, had 14 boards and four blocks in 30 surprisingly spry minutes.

Hardaway, who's averaged 11.6 points and 5.4 boards in his last seven games, had said he hoped his role would grow in the playoffs.

He's convinced the experience he and Mutombo hold will be key.

"We're going to be important because we've been there before," said Hardaway. "We both went to the Finals. We have that experience of winning games in crucial situations. We're definitely going to have to take our games to another level. There is value in that [experience].

http://www.knicksonline.com/0304/getart.php?id=899

jayp

Benchwarmer
i agree.. we have a lot of players who have been there before.. Steph, H2O, Penny, Deke, Shandon, TT.. it helps that they know the pressure of the playoffs..

kevin

Benchwarmer
they wont help if they cant put the ball in the hoop. All of those players that that have played in the playoffs and finals have been very inconsistant this year and we can't afford to have inconsistancy since the knicks will play a minimum of 4 games. The knicks can't afford to have one guy have one bad game in the series.

TrueBlue20

Benchwarmer
I agree that Penny's and Deke's playoff experience will be valuable to the Knicks. I am impressed with Penny because he is willing to play a big role and his confidence should help us. I really hope that Allan will be ready to play also.