Sign & Trade w/ Lakers - Big Possibility?

Scribbles

Rotation player
Okay now that LA won the big one, they have a lot of questionable spots...

1) Lakers have made it clear that they want to re-sign T. Ariza.

2) With that being said, is there room to resign L. Odom? He is a restricted Free Agent....

3) D. Fisher will more than likely take his bow with his ring....

That leaves the Lakers with a void at the PG position. Obviously, LA is going to want a REAL PG to run their team but they were on a very high end with Nate Robinson before the trade deadline.

Could this be room for a sign and trade for L. Odom? I think he'd be efficient and effective on a team like the Knicks.

Or would D. Lee be the consolation prize the Lakers would listen to?

Either way, I say ship both out. Odom is a better player than D. Lee in the post and Nate is not coming back next year regardless so...

What do you guys think?

Scribbles

Rotation player
Interesting Conflicting Theory I'm hearing out there:

- Kobe could decide to opt out of his contract this summer and sign a lesser deal in order to make room for both players to be resigned.

I'd be tight if he did that! :teeth:

I don't think that would be the wisest decision and it just might not get done.

LO is a good dude but I do know for a fact that he'd prefer to be in LA than back in NY. As a Knick fan, I'd be happy to see him here but I believe that he'd rather stay in LA even if it meant playing for the Clippers - again. (anonymous source of a person close to Odom)

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Pretty unlikely scenario.

After Odom's performances in pivotal playoff games, I think the saying: " If it aint broke don't fix it " has to come into play. Nate would never put up equivalent numbers and becomes a mismatch for the Lakers rather than their opponent. Completely the opposite with Odom who is as versatile at his height as any other virtual 7 footer.

And as you say, D Lee isn't even as good as Odom.

Ewing

Benchwarmer
I like Odom a lot, he's a versatile player and could help us at SF and PF, as a starter, he could easily get a double-double night in and night out.

Supermansdaddy

Benchwarmer
I dont really think we need another 3/4 on this team. right now we have Chandler, Galinari, Harrington, Lee who all play those positions. Trading Nate for another forward doesnt make sense to me. And i dont think they would need David Lee. Gasol and Bynum will be there starters. I'd love Ariza though if we could somehow get rid of Harrington, thats not happening though.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Odom would be the perfect PF in D'Antoni's system. Unfortunately, we don't have enough to offer LA for him. Too bad we're not under the cap right now because I would sign him immediately.

You would think Odom would want to be a starter in NY, rather than coming off the bemch in LA.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
we've all ready got harrington,lee,gallinari,chandler at forward.

Odom would be a PF in D'Antoni's system.

- Harrington will be gone after this year.
- Lee is a bench player on a good team
- Gallinari is a SF
- Chandler is a SG/SF

ANU

Starter
Odom would be a PF in D'Antoni's system.

- Harrington will be gone after this year.
- Lee is a bench player on a good team
- Gallinari is a SF
- Chandler is a SG/SF
you don't know if harrington will be gone by this year.
lee is better then "a bench player on a good team)
gallinari is a sf/pf.they drafted him to be a futrure power forawrd.
that' why they drafted him.
and wilson is a better pf than he is a sg.odom could be good in this system, that doesn't mean we should get him.

Scribbles

Rotation player
Will Chandler and Gallo are not PF at least I don't consider them be a solid PF. They're more like SFs

Al Harr and D. Lee are PFs.

I agree we are stacked at the 4 position though....

Odom > Harrington because he does more than just score points. He can facilitate the ball, knows how to dribble, sets proper screens, and is very athletic for a big man.

I want him on the team but is there room for him? He needs a decent big man beside him to be effective to take pressure off him. We can't have him or Al Harr playing center.

But with the MLE we can scoop up a big man...

Question is what would you give up for Odom...

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Quit yo dreamin. No way we're getting either.

All the key guys will be back next season. Mark it down. Winning will make it happen.

Whenever the Lakers win this 2009 title ? Game 5, 6 or 7, take your choice -- they will go into the summer prepared to start talking about a repeat.

Free agency doesn't scare them. Not when you're one of the richest franchises in the league, determined to keep this title run going. Not when they saw what happened to the Celtics, who let role-playing James Poset leave in free agency after they won a championship, only to regret his absence all season.

Forwards Lamar Odom and Trevor Ariza are both free agents, but neither is expected to command huge money, actually costing the Lakers no more combined next year than they did this year.

Despite some speculation to the contrary, the Lakers are not looking at an either/or signing.

"I don't think that's the case at all,'' said Jackson. "That's not set in stone, that there will have to be a decision made between those two. Players will have decisions to make in free agency.''

Odom, the highest-paid sixth man in the league at $12 million, already has said he expects to take a significant pay cut to get a new multi-year deal. Ariza, who made just $3.1 million this season, may reach the $5.8 million mid-level range. Ariza essentially will get what they take away from Odom, and everyone will be happy.
<!--
-->