Knicks Covet Jordan Hill

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
Second option as in backup 2 guard.

He's cheap, he's a good defender, he can spot up and score, he's improving and he's still young. I'm not saying he's an amazing player I know he is not good and unpolished but he has some ceiling. What did Larry Hughes do for us this year on 27 mpg average? Sweet **** all is what. And he is on a 12 million contract.

He's a sophomore guy who stunk up his first year no doubt. But he has improved decently and I don't see why you expect a sophomore to come out and play great consistent ball after being backup to Pietrus and Lee all season.

Reddick = Hughes but younger and for less money.

He is not a sophomore any more that was last year. He is been around for three years now(06-07, 07-08, 08-09) and he is 25 already ( his b-day is next week). That is his ceiling.
If you want to see Hughes stats when he was 25 I will help you(that's y he got paid that much and not by us.)

38.7 MPG, 22 PPG 4.7 APG, 6.2 RPG 2.9 SPG

Hughes 2008-2009 seasson stats are still better than reddick's.

Young reddick is worse then 30 year old and broken hughes. If is about money I rather stick with Joe Crawford. He is also 25 and given reddick minutes will prolly put same numbers if not better. He also makes less than 500k.

PS. We only got hughes just so we can drop Jerome James contract.

mafra

Legend
My mian thing with Redick is I'm risking he'll improve. Forget the shot, I did like how he created shots for other people in the playoffs (at times). He also ht a HUGE three in the Finals.... Anyway, I'm justing looking at 2010, and trying to determine who is that guy we bring off the bench to stretch the defense and hit a 3?

The problem with Harrington & Hughes is attitude. They are not role players, team players.... It's all about them.

Redick is nothing special... BUT, if I could get him for cheap (which I doubt ORL will just give away anyway).... Why not? For the little money we'll give him (it allows us to send the money on the other guys).... He would serve a purpose.... Who knows.... Maybe even be our Kerr-Pax for Lebron.

Anyway, not worth arguing b/c he's been a bust so far, and I'm not looking for him to fill a major role, and we wont be able to get him for nothing anyway....

I would prefer to sign Gortat, and then buy Smith from ATL.

MY MAIN THING: PLEASE, Donnie Walsh.... PLEASE.... do not draft Jrue Holliday or Brandon Jennings. I think I'll throw up a little in my mouth if that happens.

I would prefer Terrence Williams, or even Lawson or Flynn to Jrue.

TW is perfect b/c if we sign Lebron & a Big man in 2010, to go with Gallo.... Then we need a role player who will accept being a team player, who can defend, pass, rebound, dribble and who will excel in that position- that is not Jrue.... It is Williams!

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
with days till the draft Walsh has noarrowed his list to

Curry, Evans, and Hliday in that order, Hill might be considered also

iat this point i want Lawson Evans and Curry anyone of those im happy.

smokes

Huge Member

I read that rumor too. Looks like we're not even trying to trade up or down.

LJ4ptplay

Starter

Great. A lazy PF and three "tweeners". This is getting tiresome.

TunerAddict

Starter
Austin Daye owned Jordan Hill when they played each other...Blocked 2 of his jumpshots to boot. Why we wasting our time on this bum when we could be getting Daye, a Tayshaun Prince clone.

JayJ44

Starter
Great. A lazy PF and three "tweeners". This is getting tiresome.

To be fair, Evans is not really a tweener. He's a 6'5 SG, with PG skills. He's extremely strong, and he's NBA ready. You can't be mad if we got him.

As for Curry, Holiday, and Hill: **** them. I hope we don't draft any of them.

ANU

Starter
honestly, i don't even know who i want anymore.all the shit has been exhausting. just put out a good young competitive club out on the floor next year, to give us hope for the future, man..........

mafra

Legend
I think the goal is to get a PG plus...

Evans & Daye, or Curry & Terrence Williams. Something like that.... I hope!

portega1968

El Cacique
Austin Daye owned Jordan Hill when they played each other...Blocked 2 of his jumpshots to boot. Why we wasting our time on this bum when we could be getting Daye, a Tayshaun Prince clone.

Austin Daye is gonna be a bench warmer... he got outplayed in workouts and is the slowest of all prospects that went to the Chicago Combine (see below).

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2009/06/15/omri-casspi-aint-no-punk-as-austin-daye-quickly-learns/

Omri Casspi Ain't No Punk, Austin Daye Quickly Learns
Posted Jun 15, 2009 1:45PM By Tom Ziller (RSS feed)

New Jersey hosted a massive workout over three days, inviting a whole slate of first round prospects and just about every NBA front office. Who stole the show? Austin Daye's fat lip. Or bloody lip, actually. Israeli prospect Omri Casspi reportedly manhandled the twiggy Daye in 5-on-5 competition. DraftExpress reported Daye ended up with a cut lip requiring stitches.

Wait ... a European player ... out-toughing an American? Mon dieu! Apparently, Casspi is doing the same thing at every stop. Not drawing blood necessarily, but throwing down the stereotypes that all Euros are stuffed with down and darned with straw. First the Gasols, now Casspi? Our world will never be the same.

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2009/06/15/omri-casspi-aint-no-punk-as-austin-daye-quickly-learns/

NBA Draft Athletic Test Results Released: Who's Fast? Who's Fat?
Posted Jun 02, 2009 6:05PM By Tom Ziller (RSS feed)

DraftExpress has added the official athletic measurements from the 2009 NBA Draft Combine to its comprehensive (and addictive) database. In addition to the size measurements that came out last week -- height with and without shoes, wingspan, standing reach -- the results include 3/4-court sprint times, body fat percentages, bench press, agility numbers and everyone's favorite, the vertical.

Despite claiming to have lost 40 pounds since the end of the college season, DeJuan Blair still has the second-highest body fat count (12%) among those measured. Florida State's Toney Douglas, Patrick Mills of St. Mary's and UCLA's Darren Collison rate as the fastest first-round prospects. (Austin Daye would be the slowest. Yes, even B.J. Mullens and Blair beat him.) Jonny Flynn is the only cat to break the 40-inch mark on the max vertical. DeMar DeRozan is almost five inches behind Vince Carter. The real shocker might be the incredible similarity in numbers between top pick Blake Griffin and ... Tyler Hansbrough. Guh.

TunerAddict

Starter
Daye has crazy length, good help defense, can finish in the lane, is agile, and can both shoot from anywhere on the court and handle the ball.

He is an ideal 4 for the Dantoni system.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
if the wolves keep their picks, they will definitely draft Jordan Hill and a guard. takes the pressure off of us from drafting hill (yea right)