Lawson or Curry?

• Total voters

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
NBA trade rumor: Al Jefferson, 6th pick to Phoenix for Amar?e

By Austin Burton
_stoudemire_14_05.jpg
Amar'e Stoudemire, Dime #14

You know how it goes when comparing one basketball player to another: Before too long, somebody plays the ?What if? game, i.e. ?What if Player X was on Player Y?s team,? or vice versa.
But when we pitted Amar?e Stoudemire and Al Jefferson against each other in Dime?s ?Who?s Better?? series a few months ago, the ?What if? thing didn?t really apply. These two play such different styles on such different teams, it was hard to imagine Big Al running alongside Steve Nash in Phoenix or Amar?e being asked to become a traditional low-post scorer in Minnesota.
By the end of next week, though, that hypothetical could become reality. According to the Boston Globe, an unnamed NBA executive said the Wolves are working on a trade proposal where they would get Stoudemire from the Suns in exchange for Jefferson and Minnesota?s first-round pick (#6).
It kind of makes sense. Amar?e brings enough athleticism to Minnesota?s frontcourt to make up for Kevin Love?s lack of it, and it?s conceivable that Amar?e wouldn?t be so mad about the weather/winning situation so long as he?s the clear-cut #1 guy on the team. For the Suns, they could use that #6 pick on a stud PG to groom as Steve Nash?s replacement, or on another immediate impact player.
But this move would have made a lot more sense last year, when Terry Porter was trying to get the Suns to buy into a slowed-down system. Now, as good as Jefferson is, he?s just not going to be as effective with Nash as Stoudemire would be. And for all we know, that ?NBA executive? source could have been 15-year-old Joey Buss playing on his Dad?s phone.

If this does happen, I wonder how the draft would be affected?

Either way, I'd just be glad that Amare was out of the Knicks scope.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I think Minni is giving up too much for an injury prone player who can't create his own shot. I think Stat's stats will suffer greatly without a Nash to feed him the ball. I have never been a Stat fan and feel he is one of the most overrated players in the NBA.

Sign n trade Lee plus Chandler for #6(Minni agrees to draft our player of choice) and Al Jefferson. I think the deal makes better sense for Minni while giving the Knicks 2 daft picks to go after a PG and Big like Hill to pair up with AJ.

Last edited:

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
That said, I rather make Josh Smith happen..if he is attainable we should do whatever possible to acquire him.

GetRealistic

Starter
Al Jefferson > Amare

Al Jefferson > Josh Smith

Maybe it'll happen but it makes no sense. The only thing Amare has on Al Jefferson is the fact he runs the floor better and if the Suns are planning to go back to their running offense it makes no sense. Then again Jefferson is locked up longer and they probably know they have little shot at resigning Amare.

Also it makes no sense of Minne since Amare deffinately ain't going to want to resign in Minnesota but we shall see.

if we did the deal for jefferson and the 6th i would rather get a guy like tyreke evens to go along with the pg
then we have a very very talented backcourt
rubio,curry,flynn
evens
qrich
gallo
jefferson

you have a hole at sf or pf but evens and the pg will be a rediculous young back court

not that it matters lol i dont think itll even happen
we have more of a chance at smith since atlanta will not have many buyers

dpryde

Benchwarmer
this only makes sense for the t wolves in 2 ways.

1.) now that mchale is gone they want to get rid of the man he wanted to build around
2.) STAT will put more ppl in the seats (wont last to long though cuz they'll realize they'll still suck)

it should not be done if your the wolves. is STAT a better player than jefferson? yes he is, but hes not worth giving big al up and the 6th pick. jefferson is younger, and he has a longer contract, i doubt STAT would want to stay in minny after one year.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Al Jefferson > Amare

Al Jefferson > Josh Smith

Maybe it'll happen but it makes no sense. The only thing Amare has on Al Jefferson is the fact he runs the floor better and if the Suns are planning to go back to their running offense it makes no sense. Then again Jefferson is locked up longer and they probably know they have little shot at resigning Amare.

Also it makes no sense of Minne since Amare deffinately ain't going to want to resign in Minnesota but we shall see.

Stats wise sure..AJ is putting up monster numbers but he is on a shit team and is the first option. Further, Josh Smith would fit our offensive style better since he doesn't need the ball on the block in a set play to do work. I also think JS would attract LBJ over AJ because of play styles. LBJ doesn't want to bring the ball up and dump it to a post up player for a hook shot.