a couple of things about trading up for a "point guard"

metrocard

Legend
Ariza's defense > Chandler's defense, by far.

Marbury > Crawford.

Chandler has never been aggressive in his basketball career...not even in DePaul....he's a waste of athleticism.

We do need a healthy Gallo you are correct. Even though his post defense is the worst in the history of mankind...whenever hes on the court the whole attitude of the team changes...dude has some insane inner fire in him that you can't find in young players today, the last being Chandler. Not only Gallo can shoot pass take it to the hoop defend a little, he's a chemistry booster on the court.

For Chandler to play the two, he needs ball handling skills and some more 3pt range.
Chandler is an out of position player.

Chandler will never be elite, or good at best.
But for him to be the secondary option on our offense.
How far will that take us? Realistically.
How many teams in the NBA are we going to scare with Wilson Chandler as our 2nd option?
Guy has no handle, good range, and doesn't drive to the basket enough...really a very efficient scorer even if he's in D'Antoni offense.
Thats my POINT.
Chandler shouldn't be getting this many shots...you have to be very good and elite to get that money shots on a Anthony/Billups level or a Kobe/Gasol or Howard/Hedo/Lewis level. This is why those teams are elite.
The NBA is a superstar league, and we currently have no players of being superstars....even Gallo's who's potential is probably best at is a borderline all star...Hedo type career.
This is why we lose each season.
We have had C level players(Curry, Crawford, and friends) as our main weapons going against squads with Kobes, Lebrons, Wades, Howards, etc etc and etc.

You don't gotta hate Lee, n8 and Wil...just gotta understand this is a team looking to get the highest level of basketball, and I don't see how you can do that with these guys as your best players. The only way we improve is if we trade them for value and clear cap space to get a big free agent...I mean improve by improving to an elite competitive level. Its not that hard in this day of age in the NBA.

Elite PF's make other players better.
Its not an average player's responsiblity because he doesn't have the ability.
Elite PF's have the ability to make other players better, and thats a fact my Crawford loving amigo.

If Griffin is going to make others better with his limited scoring ways...then you're mistaken.

Will he develop into that kind of player? who knows, maybe. Definitely didn't show it in college and hs.

ANU

Starter
the point is youre taking a huge gamble on a kid by a giving up so much. rubio to lee could be a sweet combo, but this team isn't getting anywhere with lee at c either.we need a young big at the c.bottom line.

and as much as we knock lee, teams like the guy.memphis, and trailblazers to name a few..problem with those teams is, they swear the knicks are still run by isiah thompson (lol)..memphis is being extra stingy at the moment cause they pretty much gave the lakers another championship.this team has alot of holes. we can get value with the assets this team has.

metrocard

Legend
the point is youre taking a huge gamble on a kid by a giving up so much. rubio to lee could be a sweet combo, but this team isn't getting anywhere with lee at c either.we need a young big at the c.bottom line.

and as much as we knock lee, teams like the guy.memphis, and trailblazers to name a few..problem with those teams is, they swear the knicks are still run by isiah thompson (lol)..memphis is being extra stingy at the moment cause they pretty much gave the lakers another championship.this team has alot of holes. we can get value with the assets this team has.

Chandler can be easily replaced with a guy who can range it out to the 3pt.
So we're really not giving up so much, at all.

ANU

Starter
you can think that all you want metro, you're not the grizz's gm.let them worry about that.

ANU

Starter
lee needs to be professional if he is signed to get traded.that refusing to play in a place like memphis when he's not a kobe or a wade is utterly ridiculous.you cash a check to play a game.he needs to keep it moving.

if we end with rubio, i'd be ecstatic, but we need a lot more than that.
i would love a rubio barbosa backourt.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Why wouldn't they trade Conley? Rubio has the higher ceiling and will be signed for 4 years. Conley can be a restricted FA in just 2 more years.

When Conley played under Iavaroni, he averaged around 8ppg and 3apg. Early this season, the player that had done most of the ballhandling was OJ Mayo....but then Hollins came in as head coach and Conley averaged 16ppg and 6apg after the hiring. Conley was their best player after the all star break...mayo was in a slump. And if rubio gets drafted by memphis and isnt traded, he's staying in spain. No way he even wants to play in Memphis. He heard from fellow spaniards and olympic teammates Juan Carlos Navarro and Pau Gasol that they weren't exactly treated well.

No way they're trading Conley.