Stephen Curry is the Most Overrated Player in this Draft

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Probably of all time...

Whoever picks him will probably get fired. And that's a fact.

I would rather draft davidson's mascot instead of curry :lol:

TunerAddict

Starter
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Probably of all time...

Whoever picks him will probably get fired. And that's a fact.

I would rather draft davidson's mascot instead of curry :lol:

You seem to lack the understanding of the difference between a fact and an opinion.

This thread is an opinion, not a fact.

when you two are done arguing over semantics, lets get back to the thread, in todays game where speed and shooting can make you an impact player on any team, I dont believe that curry will be a bust, but I also dont believe he will be a super star either, with that being said this draft does not have one promised superstar in it, every player has the ability to be a role player, sixth man, or maybe a 2 time all star, but even blake griffin was documented in slam magazine as being a successful player but not a promised star. I dont see any tim duncans, or kobes, or chris pauls in this draft.. I see jamal crawfords, al harringtons, and at best a j.r smith or jaun dixon types. The reason why curry gets so much notice is his maturity and basketball IQ most scouts and teams state that his knowledge and maturity is what makes him such a highly touted player in this draft, other than that. I see nothing but potential potential potential, not star star star.

Toons

is the Bo$$
lol....IMHO, you can have an opinion on a fact or an opinion, but you cannot make a opinion a fact, and thats a fact. An assumption can be a fact, but most likely its an opinion because you arent sure of the facts....who cares tho, its just my opinion.....as a matter of fact

y u gatta b so touchy? bin hangin around metro too long bruh

Lol, not touchy, I just felt that it was a great thread and I wanted to hear more opinions as opposed to assumption opinion arguments. this may go down to either be one of the smartest moves, or biggest busts in draft history depending on whether or not curry turns out to be an all star or a bench scrub. I only say that because this is our last lottery pick before the promise of 2010 greatness, so if who ever we pick or whatever we do this summer turns out negative, it will bring about another ten years of sadness for knicks fans.

JayJ44

Starter
Best case scenario for him is Mo Williams. But I honestly see him ending up being the next Danny Gibson. Bench player that comes in to knock down shots. I'm not sure why he is so hyped up. I really hope we don't draft him.

mafra

Legend
Curry is better than you're giving him credit for. Sure, he's no superstar. BUT, imagine having Danilo & Curry hanging around the 3-point line while Lebron drives to the hoop.... How do you defend that?

One thing about Curry- he's one of the best shooters in the WORLD. Simple as that. You leave him, BANG he drains it. He's also a clutch shooter. No more having to watch Jamal or Nate brick shots as time expire.

Curry is also pals with Lebron. That can't hurt if we are to recruit.

I would prefer Curry over ANYONE in this draft, except Griffin....

There's a reason why the scouts love this kid, and why Oklahoma's coach (Capel) called him the best guard in the country.

He's also VERY smart with the basketball, and very quick.

Forget about the small frame.... He shoots the ball so quickly it doesn't matter.... and if you get up too close, he'll drive around you and create offense.

SO, while I would be content with Thabet, Rubio, Evans or Flynn.... I would be very happy if we select Curry as well. Basically, if the Knicks get one of these five players.... they have improved themselves.

If you want to see how good Curry is.... so go watch that game he had against DUKE last year. DUKE is a very good defensive team.... He lit them up!

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Curry's lack of size, however...

It also depends on who's actually available with the 8th pick. Don't get me wrong, Stephen Curry's pretty good, but would I draft him if Jordan Hill were still available? Hell no. And if I were a team with the fourth pick or fifth pick, there's no way I'm taking Stephen Curry...

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
Curry's lack of size, however...

It also depends on who's actually available with the 8th pick. Don't get me wrong, Stephen Curry's pretty good, but would I draft him if Jordan Hill were still available? Hell no. And if I were a team with the fourth pick or fifth pick, there's no way I'm taking Stephen Curry...

After what I saw from HArdin against UNC in the tourny.... I want nothing to do with him. I could care less if he was 7"1' PG....

I watched Curry carry a mediocre team within to within seconds of the final four (against UNC right?).... Harden scored like 1 point in his game against UNC.

Sorry.... Harden has BUST written all over him. AT THE VERY LEAST, Curry is one of the better shooters in the world; so, at the very least, you'll get that from Curry.... He will have a role in the NBA.

Best case scenario for him is Mo Williams. But I honestly see him ending up being the next Danny Gibson. Bench player that comes in to knock down shots. I'm not sure why he is so hyped up. I really hope we don't draft him.

Stop right here, dont insult the man, while mo williams is a great scorer is baskeball IQ is terrible. Curry is a much better passer, and a Much more complete basketball player as far as leadership ability, and potential, Curry will be as effective as mo williams in his rookie yr as mo wiliams is now, and daniel gibson is a spot up and i mean only spot up shooter. Curry had one of the best assist to turnover ratios in all of college basketball and had the ball in his hands more than any one. Curry will be a good ball player from the get go, and will be a strong supporting cast for any team who drafts him through out hi whole career, I just dont believe he will be a mega star.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Didn't think that this thread was gonna be taken so seriously :lol:

Still, I do mean what I say. Curry is pretty much going to be a shitty player.

The guy played in an inferior conference. Most of his opponents had multiple walk-ons playing in their teams. Curry didn't play good defense on players who pretty much sucked. So, you can expect curry to be a crappy defender in the NBA.

Curry in the top 15 is a major FAIL.

Curry is probably the weakest player in this draft as well. But what can you expect when he goes up against JV talent in college. he's basically a product of mediocrity.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Didn't think that this thread was gonna be taken so seriously :lol:

Still, I do mean what I say. Curry is pretty much going to be a shitty player.

The guy played in an inferior conference. Most of his opponents had multiple walk-ons playing in their teams. Curry didn't play good defense on players who pretty much sucked. So, you can expect curry to be a crappy defender in the NBA.

Curry in the top 15 is a major FAIL.

Curry is probably the weakest player in this draft as well. But what can you expect when he goes up against JV talent in college. he's basically a product of mediocrity.

I actually thought this thread was sort of a joke. After your last post I know it is. Curry is the best scorer in the NCAA and you think he shouldn't be in the top 15? Really? He's perfect for D'Antoni's style.

metrocard

Legend
Curry isn't perfect for D'Antoni's style....hasn't proven he can run an offense, Curry will be a spark plug off the bench, thats his ceiling.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Curry isn't perfect for D'Antoni's style....hasn't proven he can run an offense, Curry will be a spark plug off the bench, thats his ceiling.

Wrong! Curry averaged 28 pts per game. Any player that can do that has a much higher ceiling then a spark off the bench. Like it or not the Knicks are going for a higher pick to get Curry not Rubio.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
I actually thought this thread was sort of a joke. After your last post I know it is. Curry is the best scorer in the NCAA and you think he shouldn't be in the top 15? Really? He's perfect for D'Antoni's style.

The real joke is how stephen curry fans still support the guy, even though they know he will be a bust :lol:

So, you're basically saying just because someone is the best scorer in the ncaa it automatically guarantees them to be top 15?

Here are some stats for you:

year player college PPG

08-09----S. Curry............Davidson....................28.6
07-08----R. Williams......Virginia military............27.8
06-07----R. Williams......Virginia military............28.1

05-06----A. Morrison........Gonzaga....................28.1 (1st)
J. Reddick..........Duke.........................26.8 (2nd)

04-05----K. Clark.............St. Peters...................25.8
03-04----K. Clark.............St. Peters...................26.7
02-03----R. Douglas........New Mexico.................28.0

Forget Derrick Rose! The bulls should of selected Reggie Williams with their first overall! why? because he was "the best scorer in the ncaa" for two years in a row. You can't beat that! :teeth::teeth::teeth:

Adam Morrison and JJ redick were 1 and 2 in PPG (respectively), both went top 15 and failed to live up to expectations. PPG is not much of a factor when selecting players in the draft. That's why a guy like curry is way overrated. One of his few positives (PPG) is a non-factor now. The only good attribute he has is his shot. Nothing else.

Curry is a one-dimesional player who will probably go top 10.:barf: What a shame. Hopefully Walsh is smart enough to pass on an atrocious player like stephen curry.

donchris, you're rhetorical question "Curry is the best scorer in the ncaa and you think he shouldn't be in the top 15?", an assessment really, pretty much fails.