wizards trade #5 pick to twolves

dave2138

Rotation player
How about if the scenario happens where Curry and Evans are gone and Jordan Hill is the best available. Draft him and then after the draft sign and trade Nate to Minnesota for the rights to the 18th pick and an expiring contract..Brian Cardinal. The 18th pick being the best PG available..Lawson or Maynor probably.

Question - If Rubio doesn't want to play in Memphis..why would he want to play in Minnesota?

TheBigCock

Benchwarmer
How about if the scenario happens where Curry and Evans are gone and Jordan Hill is the best available. Draft him and then after the draft sign and trade Nate to Minnesota for the rights to the 18th pick and an expiring contract..Brian Cardinal. The 18th pick being the best PG available..Lawson or Maynor probably.

Question - If Rubio doesn't want to play in Memphis..why would he want to play in Minnesota?
lol that's just what I was thinking.
Memphis>Minnesto IMHO

there are reports that minn loves curry and evens
that means

1 griffin
2 thabeet
3 harden
4 flynn
5 curry
6 evens
7 hill or rubio
8 hill ,rubio, or holiday

derozen jennings are also available
there will be five guys we could take either way
id rather a holiday for his defense or rubio for his playmaking

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Yeah. Rubio's not going to want to play in ANY of the teams that get to choose before the Knicks, so there's still that very slim chance that either he or Jordan Hill will fall to the Knicks.

Why don't we try to trade for a later pick in this draft or a pick in next year's draft? If we do the former we could probably still pick up Ty Lawson or Eric Maynor or Terrence Williams, all of whom have upside. If we do the latter, next year's draft class is supposed to be better than this year's, so...

smokes

Huge Member
Well they are obviously looking to get at least 1 SG in the draft so they will take Curry or if they move up to 2 probably Harden. Can only hope they go with Evans/Lawson/Holiday/Jennings with their last pick if we want a hope at Rubio.

Kiyaman

Legend
WTF is everybody crying about? This trade doesn't affect us at all. So one team has the five and sixth pick instead of two different teams. You never miss what you never had right? Who gives a shit.

COSIGN!!!

Minny is trying to set their 15 man roster with as many young 1 to 10 draft picks to trade in the future. Who really cares? Boston Celtics!!!

The Rubio hype from the Olympic and highlights of playing in a semi-pro league has messed up a weak 2009 draft class of the best available player....think about Rubio & Griffin in the 2008 1 to 5 draft class picks?

The Best available player in this draft class from 1 to 5 does not have Rubio in there:

1) Griffin
2) Thabeet
3) Harden
4) Curry
5) Hill
6) Ty Lawson
7) Evans <!-- / message -->

metrocard

Legend
T'Wolves main targets are Rubio and Evans.

Thabeet/Harden is 2/3
Sacramento likes Flynn

That leaves Rubio, Evans, Curry for 5,6,7

Damn, do we really want Holiday?

He's the LA version of Mardy Collins...not even 6"5 really.

**** this draft.
Knicks always seem to stay average.

Why can't they make a Jets move and get Mark Sanchez quality type prospect?
Mark Sanchez or Josh Freeman?
Ricky Rubio or Jrue Holiday?

Honestly, I rather even have Jennings over Holiday.

If Rubio, Evans aren't available my top board is

I'm not putting any SF's....since Gallinari is our guy.
DeJuan Blair(mad underrated, as good as Griffin honestly.)
Ty Lawson
Gerald Henderson
Brandon Jennings
Terrance Williams(SG)

eh...thats it really, players to me who are worth it at 8...and Jennings is a huge gamble.