Official Jordan Hill Thread

mafra

Legend
Not sure if this was posted.... BY this is from the NY Post:

"
Schwartz: Knicks blew it with Hill pick

By PAUL SCHWARTZ

Well, last March I covered what turned into Hill's final college game. It was a Sweet Sixteen matchup against Louisville at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis and it was not a good day for the Wildcats in general or Hill in particular.

Hill was dreadful. He missed 12 of the 18 shots he attempted, and the rest of his team followed his lead. Louisville looked like the best team in the nation in a 103-64 annihilation of Arizona but as it turned out, Louisville wasn't even the best team in the Midwest Region, as two days later they were beaten by Michigan State.

By far, the best player on the floor that day for Arizona was Chase Budinger, who scored 22 points and should have gone higher in the NBA Draft than he did (44th overall to the Pistons).

One game doesn't cancel out an entire career but what disturbed me about Hill was that he did not finish around the basket and was completely overshadowed by Louisville's two stud players, Terrence Williams and Earl Clark. Both Williams and Clark looked far more ready for the NBA than Hill. Both Williams (No. 11 to the Nets) and Clark (No. 14 to the Suns) were taken later in the first round of the NBA Draft than Hill and it will be interesting to chart the development of those three players. Here's betting both of the Louisville guys will make it bigger than Hill.

Hill is a natural rebounder and may develop into a useful player for the Knicks. But taking him with the eighth pick? He's got to be better than he was that day I saw him in Indy.
--
Note; Paul Schwartz covers the Giants and the NCAA Tournament for The Post."

Anyway.... I do like TD but I thought Sam Young or Chade Budinger would have bee nice at 29 as well.

As for Hill, well.... I wanted Terrence Williams all year.... Thought he was the perfect compliment for a team who wants to build around a 2 free agent stars (plus Danilo)....

Hill, hopefully, proves everybody wrong and becomes legit....

BUT, after risking it last year.... passing on Gordon for Danilo.... You would think DW would play it safe this year and grab a bust-free pick (like Terrence Williams).

We all know size matters.... Let's just hope the size of Hill's heart is bigger than his 6"10 frame.

metrocard

Legend
The Post is mostly garbage....writers will write anything these days, they're as credible as the people on my ignore list :lol:

metrocard

Legend
Well...everyone has Jordan Hill on their shitlist....the dude needs a 20/10 performance for people to stop worrying.

Kiyaman

Legend
He saw one game of Hill and he's actually writing about him? One game, un juego!
WHAT AN IDIOT!

Cosign....I was thinking the samething.
We all know I wanted Terrence Williams in this draft.....but the Knicks were in desperate need of a Future Bigman like Jordan Hill.

I would have given Walsh & Dantoni an "A+" if they would've got Hill, Terrence, and Douglas out of this draft. And resigned Nate & Lee, plus hired coach Oakley to get Curry & Darko to be worth 10 fouls a game.

Kiyaman

Legend
Its ashame that the majority of u guys in this forum only think Basketball players are good if they could score 20 points or more.

Very few of u guys watch how Jordan Hill established himself in the paint on offense & defense the first two games.....showing his best skills and talents out weigh all his flaws.
6.10 Jordan Hill low-post paint talent n skills is a 100% better than 6.11 Gallo's paint talent will ever be.

Yes, Hill is raw and things would/ve been looking real great for his future if the Knicks had settled a deal already with Lee & Wilcox, so Hill could've worked out with them this season and watch the two perform at the PF position his rookie season.

I have no LUV for this stupid 2010 plan!

Mcgee has been the dominating bigman in the Vegas Summer Games, and his matchup with Blake Griffin was the game to watch.
I'm sure Jordan Hill watched that game too, and came for the challenge.

Toons

is the Bo$$
Its ashame that the majority of u guys in this forum only think Basketball players are good if they could score 20 points or more.

Very few of u guys watch how Jordan Hill established himself in the paint on offense & defense the first two games.....showing his best skills and talents out weigh all his flaws.
6.10 Jordan Hill low-post paint talent n skills is a 100% better than 6.11 Gallo's paint talent will ever be.

Yes, Hill is raw and things would/ve been looking real great for his future if the Knicks had settled a deal already with Lee & Wilcox, so Hill could've worked out with them this season and watch the two perform at the PF position his rookie season.

I have no LUV for this stupid 2010 plan!

Mcgee has been the dominating bigman in the Vegas Summer Games, and his matchup with Blake Griffin was the game to watch.
I'm sure Jordan Hill watched that game too, and came for the challenge.

COSIGN ON HILLS PERFORMANCE. bad comparison with gallo and hill. 2 totally diff players and styles. Hills 6'10'' frame will never handle the rock like gallo's 6'11'' frame. ummm....duh....gallo is a natural point forward IMO....hill is a center in a pf body

Toons

is the Bo$$
disagree.....2010 is the best thing to look forward to.
mcgee bin in the league for a year already.....he don count

GetRealistic

Starter
15-20 a night at the beginging. And hopefully come second half we can make that around 24-28 a night. He's got alot of positives but he's still Raw and needs to get into the gym.. But i like the pick.

Paul1355

All Star
We NEEDED big men

haters need to relax.....we NEED big men that can block shots...Hill qualifies and he can rebound a lot which is good in case Lee doesn't last here for a long time.

Hill's ability to block shots, clog the middle, rebound the ball well, hustle and drop some shots is what we needed in the 8th pick.

Donnie made a good choice.

metrocard

Legend
PROS outweigh CONS, Hill was solid choice to add big man off/def
presence, and replace DLee's rebounding/inside game. After StephCurry,
Flynn, Rubio and Evans were gone, Hill was the way to go.
I didn't see Hill
any lower than 7 on dozens of mock drafts, and saw him as high as 3 on
quite a few; hence, lotsa NBA folks think Hill is a good player, and well
worthy of #8 pick. The fact he can run, shoot from the inside at a high
percentage, and BLOCK is more than you can say about DLee...

951.gif

Kiyaman

Legend

Dum Dum Walsh refuse to buy Minesoto Timberwolves pick of Duke NCAA championship PG Ty Lawson, to go with Jordan Hill, and Toney Douglas. The foolishness of having Walsh as a GM.
Ty Lawson was the uptempo running offensive PG, and Toney Douglas was the Defensive PG that stop uptempo PG from running on us .. both was what HC Dantoni was looking for.
The Timberwolves had Ty Lawson up for sell for 3 weeks after the draft. The Denver Nuggets bought Ty Lawson rights for practically nothing.

metrocard

Legend
Dum Dum Walsh refuse to buy Minesoto Timberwolves pick of Duke NCAA championship PG Ty Lawson, to go with Jordan Hill, and Toney Douglas. The foolishness of having Walsh as a GM.
Ty Lawson was the uptempo running offensive PG, and Toney Douglas was the Defensive PG that stop uptempo PG from running on us .. both was what HC Dantoni was looking for.
The Timberwolves had Ty Lawson up for sell for 3 weeks after the draft. The Denver Nuggets bought Ty Lawson rights for practically nothing.

This is exactly what gets me sick about this organization.

Denver and Portland buy draft picks and sometimes happen to get a really good player with those picks.

Why can't we execute a draft and acquire rich young talent with legit promise? Lawson was a no brainer at 8, I pushed for him at 8 for months before the draft.

I really hope the Knicks this season can buy a pick. This draft is deep.