Official Jordan Hill Thread

smokes

Huge Member
We can have Marcin Gortat for half that price... Hill-Darko-Gortat-Curry will have to do.

Why will it have to do? We can afford to resign David Lee if it's for a fair price, as long as we move one of our bad contracts.

There is a reason Gortat is half the price of David Lee.

mafra

Legend
Why will it have to do? We can afford to resign David Lee if it's for a fair price, as long as we move one of our bad contracts.

There is a reason Gortat is half the price of David Lee.

Would you prefer to pay Lee 11 mil in 2010 or Bosh or Amare?

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Point exactly. With Hill on this team and potentially Bosh or Amare, there's no need for us to pay David Lee another 10 million dollars to be a bench player especially if it jeopardizes our chances of signing you know who

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
Point exactly. With Hill on this team and potentially Bosh or Amare, there's no need for us to pay David Lee another 10 million dollars to be a bench player especially if it jeopardizes our chances of signing you know who

By drafting Hill and trading for Darko and Gallinari coming back there is no room for David Lee on this team. Lee didn't attempt to block one shot all year long, all he did was get his hands up as if to not get a foul call on him to in order to get his infamous "double-double". Lee is so freaking athletic but he just doesn't defend well or even tries at it. I like it that alot of you think that he is not a 10 million dollar player. Walsh likes his bigs to be nasty in the post Jermaine Oneal, Dale and Antonio Davis, Derrick McKey and would be willing to sacrife offense for defense. By drafting Hill he has the ability to be very good on both and frees up alot of money since Lee's services are no longer needed.

ANU

Starter
imo their is no need for bosh or amare.the darko hill tandem is going to surprise alot of people.i think most of us would agree that this should all ready be the team of the young players.players like hughes and harrington don't seem to have a future with this team, so if we can get rid of them for picks or cheap players, awesome.

and if eddy curry isn't in shape when training camp rolls around, buy him out.players like him only bring down a team.

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
imo their is no need for bosh or amare.the darko hill tandem is going to surprise alot of people.i think most of us would agree that this should all ready be the team of the young players.players like hughes and harrington don't seem to have a future with this team, so if we can get rid of them for picks or cheap players, awesome.

and if eddy curry isn't in shape when training camp rolls around, buy him out.players like him only bring down a team.

I understand what you are saying, but we need to contend for the playoffs next year and Harrington at least should be kept. He wants to be here and could help us a lot next season and on a 1 year plan he's perfect. Hughes on the other hand should be included in the possible Rubio trade. Hughes shoots too damn much I can't stand his game.

smokes

Huge Member
Would you prefer to pay Lee 11 mil in 2010 or Bosh or Amare?

Please read the damn post... I already said 8-9 million is a fair price for Lee and do you really think any other team is going to offer him more than that?

smokes

Huge Member
Thats what they want you to think.

IMO, Lawson, Teague, Blair, Williams, Clark will be better in the NBA.

I hope Jordan turns out better than them though, we really need it.

I don't understand why you think they "want" you to think that? This isn't some conspiracy to run the Knicks further into the ground. Obviously they thought he was the best player available or they wouldn't have drafted him.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Signing Lee

Hill's contract as an 8th pick for 2010 will be $2.225M. Gallo and Chandler have 2010 team option contracts at $2.76M and $1.775M, respectively. By the time we would have to sign up Lee, Curry and Jeffries will still be on the books for $11.276M and $6.83M, respectively. Otherwise we have no current 2010 commitments. These five, as matters now stand, will cost just about $25M in 2010.

The cap for 2010 is likely to be less than $60M, probably about $58M. That would mean that we will have about $33M to $35M left for 8 or 9 more players. If we were to pay Lee $8M a year, we would be left with $25M to $27M for 7 or 8 more players. LeBron will cost about $18M -- the limit is 30% of the cap. There is not much left. Eliminating Curry's and Jeffries' contracts will help, but we have to commit, or not commit, to Lee before we know for sure that Curry can be moved.

I think we can do something with Jeffries' contract. We can send him for someone with a bad one year contract.

In other words, we all should pray that Curry shows up in shape. If we sign Lee, it will suggest an expectation by management that something can be done about Curry. I think Lee is gone and that if we cannot shed Curry's contract we will have to satisfy ourselves with one impact fee agent in 2010.

mafra

Legend
Please read the damn post... I already said 8-9 million is a fair price for Lee and do you really think any other team is going to offer him more than that?

From what I read.... Lee's agent is already floating the 11-mil per rumor.... DET & POR are very much interested. DW even hinted that it would take 8-10, where 8 would probably be the limit NYK would go.

I'm just saying.... I'm not paying David Lee 11 a year; and no.... I wouldn't pay him 10 mil a year. If he accepts 8-9 mil, where we backload it (to keep price down in 2010).... I can work with that. I doubt that's what he's looking for though.

smokes

Huge Member
From what I read.... Lee's agent is already floating the 11-mil per rumor.... DET & POR are very much interested. DW even hinted that it would take 8-10, where 8 would probably be the limit NYK would go.

I'm just saying.... I'm not paying David Lee 11 a year; and no.... I wouldn't pay him 10 mil a year. If he accepts 8-9 mil, where we backload it (to keep price down in 2010).... I can work with that. I doubt that's what he's looking for though.

I don't know what you're getting at now, you're disagreeing with what I say yet repeating it... :confused:

Like I said, I doubt anyone is gonna give Lee 11 mil. Realistically he is not worth that big a contract.

Portland? They already have Aldridge who is taller, scores more, can block shots, more athletic. I have no idea why they would want to overpay Lee when they have Aldridge for less for another season.

Detroit is an option sure, that's probably the only team in the league I could see offering Lee more than we are willing to pay him. HOWEVER there are a whole host of PF options in free agency this year and Lee is for sure not the cream of the crop, let's see who else could be picked up, either better or cheaper than Lee:

Ron Artest - 2 inches shorter, older and more expensive but an actual star player with explosiveness and more muscle.

Carlos Boozer - One of the best PFs in the league, more expensive but again, a LOT better.

Lamar Odom - Inconsistent this year but easily on Lee's calibre skillwise and probably cheaper/the same costwise.

Paul Millsap - Equally as talented as Lee, younger, put up the same stats during Boozers injury absence on a team which actually has legitimate scorers and big men.

Anderson Varejao - Not as talented offensively but a much better defender and certainly cheaper than 11 million per.

So to think that Detroit are gonna just go for Lee when there are better/cheaper/equal PFs on the free agent board is just silly. Everyone knows Lee's stats were inflated due to this system, playing alongside a legit C you could basically half his rebounds. No midrange jumper, no defense. Don't think that these other teams don't know that either.

metrocard

Legend
Is David Lee really that bad?
I was a fan of his, but all of sudden people grown this hate for him when he's been the only good guy here.

smokes

Huge Member
David Lee isn't bad, he's the best player we got, but we got a lot of average players so that doesn't say too much.

Offensively I'd give him a B+. Not much of a shooter but good post moves and finishing.

Defensively you gotta say D-. Not much effort except going for boards he has little to no competition for, undersized at C and not great for PF. No shot blocking potential.

Overall when you compare him to the other PFs in the league you gotta say he is barely scraping top 10 depending on your opinion of him.

metrocard

Legend
Best thing about Hill he isn't foul prone...foul prone usually tends to me the player is a dumbass and makes poor decisions, when you average 11 rebounds cleanly, that shows some IQ and awareness to me.

Theres a lot of fouls in summerleague, but Jordan could use some guidance and develop into a pretty smart player.

smokes

Huge Member
Wheres the 4750 post celebration thread? Or are you waiting for 5000, I see you're pushing for it with your 15 useless bumps of outdated topics and repeating what other people have said in the last 10 minutes.

metro the guest basher lurks as a guest to read ignored posts, what a surprise.