Official Rubio Rumormill

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
Basically Kahn is an idiot, and has no clue how to run a business. He mess the whole entire draft and **** himself at the same time. Pretty embarrasing situation.

dave2138

Rotation player
I disagree, great buy low sell high situation for Kahn. He knows Minnesota is shit for the next 2 years at least. Therefore, Foye and Miller are pretty much worthless to him. Foye - FA after 2010, Miller after 2009...no one expected Minnesota to contend with those 2, so they were expendable.

They have Rubio now who is under control for the next 4 years and will only increase in trade value as he gets older. The fact that he won't play for them makes them a worse team and able to pick higher in the draft. I don't understand why Kahn gets too much hate just for thinking long term instead of short term. I think you all just hate him because he screwed up the Knicks plans..but whatever maybe its for the better that we get him in 2-4 years with more experience instead of now.

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
I disagree, great buy low sell high situation for Kahn. He knows Minnesota is shit for the next 2 years at least. Therefore, Foye and Miller are pretty much worthless to him. Foye - FA after 2010, Miller after 2009...no one expected Minnesota to contend with those 2, so they were expendable.

They have Rubio now who is under control for the next 4 years and will only increase in trade value as he gets older. The fact that he won't play for them makes them a worse team and able to pick higher in the draft. I don't understand why Kahn gets too much hate just for thinking long term instead of short term. I think you all just hate him because he screwed up the Knicks plans..but whatever maybe its for the better that we get him in 2-4 years with more experience instead of now.

The Wolves took even more contracts by trading with the Wizards with much less talent coming to them. I'm not hating on Kahn since he picked Rubio, I would love to have him but I'm very happy with Jordan Hill, Douglas, and Milicic trade. Bottom line is the Wolves will win 15 games next season and the worse team in basketball.

This idiot didn't have a plan to begin with and with him running things there they might be out of the league soon. You can't explain to me how you trade your backcourt, get more money in the your cap space, draft a player that's never playing with you, and I'm happy with that if I were a wolves fan. That notion of wait till 2012 for him to make a decision is a bitch move and he should of traded Rubio and send him to hell for what he did to them. What the hell does Kahn tell the locker room, "well guys is bad right now, when Rubio gets here it'll be alright." If he were my boss he would loss all credibility, the NBA as any business has to be done with guts and manhood and Kahn ain't man enough to deal with it.

Scribbles

Rotation player
Im still clueless as to how Jonny Flynn gets picked ahead of Curry.

When Curry can play both guard positions if in any event, Rubio does indeed come in to play.

You'd have Rubio and Curry in your backcourt.

There's no justification of Rubio and Flynn (they're both PGs strictly). It just makes 0 basketball sense.

If this is not a S&T scenario then this was by far the dumbest GM mistake I've seen - ever. And that's coming from us Knicks fans who have witnessed the Isiah tyranny that towered over us.

You trade two proven players in Miller and Foye for a PG who may never report to work. Then you go and draft Flynn? At least picking Curry would've made sense.

There's not a soul out there that's buying this Rubio/Flynn backcourt. The bluff is up.

GM FAIL.

dave2138

Rotation player
He didn't really take back any bad contracts..Etan Thomas expires after this year and the other players were making under the MLE anyway so not going to negatively effect them.

In the west..whats the difference between 15 wins and 45 wins? You aren't going to be playing any playoff games either way so why not take your time and build the best team possible through the draft. Twolves in 2, 3 years will have 1 of the deepest teams in the league with Flynn/Love/Jefferson, Ellinginton 3 1st round picks in 2010, 2 in the lottery + the draft rights to 20, 21 year old Rubio which could get them much more in a trade than Foye and Miller could ever get.

Who would argue.. Rubio's trade value in 2 years > Foye and Miller's trade value now.

mafra

Legend
He didn't really take back any bad contracts..Etan Thomas expires after this year and the other players were making under the MLE anyway so not going to negatively effect them.

In the west..whats the difference between 15 wins and 45 wins? You aren't going to be playing any playoff games either way so why not take your time and build the best team possible through the draft. Twolves in 2, 3 years will have 1 of the deepest teams in the league with Flynn/Love/Jefferson, Ellinginton 3 1st round picks in 2010, 2 in the lottery + the draft rights to 20, 21 year old Rubio which could get them much more in a trade than Foye and Miller could ever get.

Who would argue.. Rubio's trade value in 2 years > Foye and Miller's trade value now.

I guess that makes sense. Say MIN concedes the next 2 seasons, sort of like the Knicks plan for 2008 & 2009.... OK. So, they plan on "being ready to compete" come 2011. OK. Al Jefferson will only be turning 27 that season. SO, he's still young enough to be a stud.

Al Jefferson is also signed through 2013.

SO, the plan (I guess) would be to make a run at it all the 2012 & 2013 seasons? Knowing you're going to be lousy the next 2 years, and hoping it starts to come together at the start of 2011.

I'm following you. For sure.

SO, Flynn-Ellington-Love-Jefferson will get all this playing time together.... They'll sprinkle in some talent the next 2 drafts.... And then get to bring over Rubio in 2011, or just trad ehim somewhere for other pieces.

HEY, Kahn was Walsh's understudy.... Walsh is employing that very same plan here in NY. Kahn also has more assets: He has a BIG MAN STUD in Jefferson, and a bunch of top draft picks, along with Rubio. Walsh is pretty much betting the farm he gets to sign Lebron, or two free agent studs.

SO, in a sense, Kahn's logic is more sound. It's safer. Why not?

The only problem is.... The Mayans said the world will end by the time the 2012 seaons begins. Too bad for MInny.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Rubio bailing on Joventut doesn't mean he's coming to the NBA though

He's probably going to a team like Real Madrid or FC Barcelona Baloncesto. Those teams have tons of money and they can afford to pay whatever buyout DKV Joventut makes them pay since they can't be subjected the the CBA of the NBA

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Rubio's Buy-Out

Apparently DKV Joventut's contract with Rubio includes a buy-out for two more years. I assume there is a buy-out for as long as there is a contract. I also assume that DKV can prevent Rubio from playng with any other professional team during the term of the contract or require him or the other team to pay the buy out. However, if Rubio decides not to play with any team for the remainder of his contract term with DKV, then if he stops playing for DKV, he may not owe a buy-out. I do not know the exact terms of Rubio's contract, but I would not expect him to refuse to play for DKV if it meant that he would then automatically become liable to the team for $6M.

Perhaps this is all negotiation.

How about getting Spike Lee, or some other Knick fan for whom $6M is tip money, to buy DKV's rights to Rubio? Maybe we can start a collection among ourselves.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
The issue with the buyout is that the NBA CBA says that a team can only contribute 500,000 dollars to a player's buyout.

However, if Rubio goes to play for a team like, say, Real Madrid, they're not subject to that rule, and they also have more than enough money to pay the buyout.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Contract Rights

It was my understanding that the Rubio contract rights were in the hands of the Spanish equivalent of the IRS. Anyone can buy contract rights though not an NBA team under the CBA. I was joking about Spike Lee, but he is not the team.