Yao Ming possibly DONE!!!

KryptoN8

Rookie
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi...o_could_miss_09_10_season_career_in_jeopardy/

If Yao Ming's career is potentially done there might just be a market for Eddy Curry. But problem is who will the knicks give up to make this trade possible?

I got a few ideas!!!

Curry
Chandler
Hughes

For

McGrady

Or

Curry
Lee (sign & trade)
Hughes

With this move it will definitely lead way to signing 2 big FA in 2010 and of course LEBRON will be on his way... BOOK IT

What are your thoughts ladies???

iSaYughh

Starter
Damnnn...have to think what coulda been with an interesting supporting cast around a healthy Artest-McGrady-Yao.....

But ya, getting rid of Isiah's boytoy would be sick...out of those two I like the Curry + Lee (s&t) + Hughes for T-mac out of those two....seems like it would give us the potential to maybe step out of the basement this year, and, above all else, we shed the bloated contract of Curry that is only eclipsed by his bloated gut.

Plus, I think Lee might be the least needed of our guys in any potential Rubio deals, so that gets kept open, too.

edit -- the artest s&t would be killer

smokes

Huge Member
Tmac for Curry is ok. I wouldn't give up Chandler for it. Maybe our Mobley contract, but does Houston really need to save money? Hughes expiring may be enough.

The Artest trade would be sick. I'd just keep Chandler for another trade if possible, he got good value.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Getting Artest would move the Knicks closer to the defensive jugernaut the use to be. I'm all for moving Curry but not with Chandler included. I agree with Smokes that he could be used in a better trade scenario. Actually, I wouldn't mind movin Curry, Chandler and Hughes for T-Mac but I'd have to be certain that he is 95-100%. Guess that's not realistic though.

I don't think Walsh should move Chandler unless he's sure Gallo is the real deal.

smokes

Huge Member
Problem with the Tmac trade is he's in his last year, and trading away a solid guy like Chandler who can contribute to whatever team he's on for the next 2 years for a guy who could walk at the end of the season is risky.

If he got healthy and was playing his best ball he's going to be looking for a big contract to see out the last of his good years (a contract that could jeopardize our 2010 FA chances). If he plays crap or continues having injury troubles we lose a solid guy for not much. Either outcome can cause us problems.

If they want Curry at all it's because he's a need, so we shouldn't be giving up a young guy with potential so they can get a need.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Tmac for Curry is ok. I wouldn't give up Chandler for it. Maybe our Mobley contract, but does Houston really need to save money? Hughes expiring may be enough.

The Artest trade would be sick. I'd just keep Chandler for another trade if possible, he got good value.

i would throw in Chandler if they throw in Artest............but isnt he a free agent anyways?

smokes

Huge Member
i would throw in Chandler if they throw in Artest............but isnt he a free agent anyways?

Yeah he is FA but only way we could land him is in a S&T unless he wants to take MLE which is like, never gonna happen lol.

I wouldn't be mad giving up Chandler in the Artest deal though, but the Tmac deal no way.

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
I'm not too high on Tracy anymore...he reminds me of Vince Carter, injury prone and passed his prime...hell his team did better this yr without him then theve ever done.

No way would i want to be throwing a lot money at him for a big deal, nor trading away young assets like Chandler. For Curry, hell yes. but i'd stay away from Gallo or Chandler.

Seems like this would be a move typical of the knicks, throw a ton of money at some 'past his prime' injury prone dude for like 6 yrs and have him retire/become a scrub after 3.. he isn't the player he once was, but that still is a good player. wouldn't go too crazy to get him though; not anymore.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi...o_could_miss_09_10_season_career_in_jeopardy/

If Yao Ming's career is potentially done there might just be a market for Eddy Curry. But problem is who will the knicks give up to make this trade possible?

I got a few ideas!!!

Curry
Chandler
Hughes

For

McGrady

Or

Curry
Lee (sign & trade)
Hughes

With this move it will definitely lead way to signing 2 big FA in 2010 and of course LEBRON will be on his way... BOOK IT

What are your thoughts ladies???

Best original idea I've read in a minute. One thing though, if Yao is done it might not be in the best interest of Houston to trade McGrady. Just a thought! But it will be a good opportunity for us to ship out Curry. This trade would be a long way off. Curry would have to show that he's back in shape and is NBA ready before any team will touch him.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Yeah, there's no way we're going to pull off a trade for Eddy Curry until at least a month into the season. At this point he's just 11 million dollars of wasted salary for any team that takes him, he'll have to show he can play...