Who do you first call at 12:01 tonight?

New New York

Quiet Storm
Simple question. Here is my simple answer.....Noone!

Rumor has us taking a meeting w/ Kidd tommorow. No way he bolts Dallas, dodges LA, and Boston to be a Knick for a one year MLE. I know Donnie is just doing his just doing his job, but, spare the earth's atmoshpere some of burnt jet fuel and cancel the meeting w/ Kidd.

Look no player comes here for a one year deal (and that is all Walsh is offering) so why bother!

12:01 tonight Donnie should be on the horn (officially) with trade partners for Lee and Nate.

Speaking of which, I hear the offer for Lee from the Knicks will be around 7 million and they are hoping to get Nate for Qualifying offer. Your thoughts?

7 million for Lee is great if we can trade Jefferies, if not, let him go even at that price! My sign and trade is Lee to Portland for a 2010 pick and Bayless.

Giving Nate the qualifying offer is great. Means we can keep him this year and it also makes him easier to trade.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
It's gotta be Minny. Considering Donnie hasn't been onto Kahn's nuts already offering the little he can for the lot they have (Rubio).

Otherwise, I'd be down with a call to Houston re T Mac. Houston are Mc****ed without Yao and McGrady's not gonna get it done as history has proven time & again.

Talks with Portland are no doubt far from ceased, but again, who do we get in exchange for David Lee? After apparently stating they will offer him a mere $7m, that alone is a statement toward how non-concerned management are with retaining his services.

Sacramento aren't worth bargaining with IMO. Nate's offer is obviously going to be less than Lee's, thus leaving a trade almost pointless unless it's for an expiring contract and a high/non-conditional pick.

Otherwise, I'm fresh out of ideas.

No thanks to Tyson Chandler, Boozer, Peja and the remaining majority of high priced free agents and all their flaws and question marks.

Toons

is the Bo$$
At 12:01 there is one team to call. That team is the Orlando Magic. We NEED Marcien Gortat more than the magics do.

A front court of

Harrington, Hill , Curry
Gortat, Darko

is a front court to reckon with. Many people have eddy curry at center, i feel he is a natural power forward. A slim robert 'tractor' traylor or the big baby davis kind of PF, who can slip to center. If we take our minds off lee being a FAN FAVORITE, we would see that lee is not what we need. It took me a while to get past my like for his hustle and boards, but he is not a center. With hill and gortat holding down the paint, who is gonna get an easy layup?? with gallo help defending with his quick hands, and chandler ready to run the break. IMO.....lee must go....we got his value up higher than any team could...sell high

lee and n8 gone
kidd and gortat stay

Supermansdaddy

Benchwarmer
I hope it is the Wolves, and if it is, i hope Donnie doesnt bend over for them. The Wolves are not in a position of great strength, at least not as much as they will want you to think. Rubio clearly does not want to play there, he was the 5th pick in the draft, Minnie will have a tough time justifying picking a guy that high and letting him go back to Europe and get nothing out of it. I'd put Lee(S&T), Nate (S&T), Harrington, Duhon, Mobley's contract all on the table, and tell them, pick the best package for you. I wont give up any picks, or Wilson, or Gallo.
My second choice would be a S&T for Lee with the Rockets, they could slide Scola to center, and give us Artest, somehow.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I think at 12:01 you call Lee, then at 12:15 you call Nate, then at 12:35 you let your wife give you a little h*** for good luck AND THEN call Kahn. Seriously though, it doesn't matter who he calls first, just get sh** done ASAP!

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
At 12:01 there is one team to call. That team is the Orlando Magic. We NEED Marcien Gortat more than the magics do.

A front court of

Harrington, Hill , Curry
Gortat, Darko

is a front court to reckon with. Many people have eddy curry at center, i feel he is a natural power forward. A slim robert 'tractor' traylor or the big baby davis kind of PF, who can slip to center. If we take our minds off lee being a FAN FAVORITE, we would see that lee is not what we need. It took me a while to get past my like for his hustle and boards, but he is not a center. With hill and gortat holding down the paint, who is gonna get an easy layup?? with gallo help defending with his quick hands, and chandler ready to run the break. IMO.....lee must go....we got his value up higher than any team could...sell high

lee and n8 gone
kidd and gortat stay
Agreed. All except Jason Kidd. He's not gonna take MLE on a rebuilding team & in his decline he's not needed on a rebuilding team for anything bar advice.

Gortat would be nice if Lee is traded. In that case though, I'd wanna trade Darko to end the front court log jam that'd create. Houston need a big. Try them out in desperate times for Artest or Brooks.

Curry needs productive minutes with results to entice a trade. Big bodies like that are rare and we HAVE to tempt someone to take his contract to really boost our stakes in the 2010 FA market.

I'd give Douglas a chance before considering Gordon any day. We bought that pick from the Lakers to save money and picked well.

smokes

Huge Member
Gordon would be a great pickup for the Knicks imo, it's not like Douglas is expected to be our starting 2 guard and Larry Hughes is on his last year in NY. We will hopefully trade his expiring at some point this season and then we'll need another 2. Problem is I don't know if we can sign Gordon to the MLE so we probably have to S&T for him which as always causes contract matchup issues and blabla.

Toons

is the Bo$$
after his playoff run,. gordon will not take mle, im sure of it.

i like kidd for his leadership and experience

we just need gortat

Ewing

Benchwarmer
Just read that Bibby is on the move, I've always liked his game as he is a good leader on court and he can shoot/pass the ball very well.
If they trade Smith, they might have some interest in Lee.
Your thoughts?

it should be david lee..... his agent said he loves new york and will be willing to listen to a home town discounted price
how often do you get a guy who leads the league in double doubles at his age that will give you a discount
just out of respect he should be the first order of business
whether we trade him or not is a different story but make so that story gets resolved
i would prefer to keep lee and run a front court of lee at the 4 and hill at the 5 with darko coming in off the bench
darko while unproven has the game to succeed in this style... he runs well can shoot from a decent distance is a very good passer for his size and can play decent def... most teams tried to use him as a big time low post presence and that is not what he is ... he is an off the ball presence.. the back side defensive block or the high post pick and pop for a mid range shot was his game in europe and thats what we can provide so i would not go after gortat... give darko a chance

after lee i would work on 2 things
1. passing playmaking point guard
ideas... young-rubio old-kidd, nash
while kidd and nash are old and not a long term plan they both will be passers that could potentially inflate the value of our players
they will get chandler more dunks and provide a drive and kick game to give gallo more 3's... also with hill who can run and jump with everyone we can get some fast break alley oops
the vets would not be long term but would definately make our young players look more attractive for either trades or incoming FA's

2. look to ship out more expensive contracts... (curry and jeffries)
both of these guys no longer have a spot on this team.. we took douglas to defend guards and hill and darko to defend bigs so jeffries no longer plays
curry does not fit our style of play no matter how much weight he loses
i would try to rekindle talks with wash for a hughes jeffries package centered around young players/expiring contracts/or draft picks coming back

also i would guage offers for curry ...i would check out a nate and curry package to houston for a pick and expiring contracts or for tmac or anything really

if these deals get done we can look at a lineup of

kidd?/nash?/rubio?-duhon
gallo?/tmac?/mike james? -douglas
chandler - gallo
lee -harrington
hill -darko-sene?

outgoing- curry/jeffries/hughes/nate

thats a solid team and with two pass first guards in someone we bring in and duhon i really think gallo can turn into a hedo type player, chandler can be a near 20 pt/gm scorer/ and hill/darko/lee will see much improvement

keep in mind im not thinking kidd is a longterm investment but i think he
would be nice for two yrs at the midlevel similar to a duhon deal and i do think he accepts that

it should be david lee..... his agent said he loves new york and will be willing to listen to a home town discounted price
how often do you get a guy who leads the league in double doubles at his age that will give you a discount
just out of respect he should be the first order of business
whether we trade him or not is a different story but make so that story gets resolved
i would prefer to keep lee and run a front court of lee at the 4 and hill at the 5 with darko coming in off the bench
darko while unproven has the game to succeed in this style... he runs well can shoot from a decent distance is a very good passer for his size and can play decent def... most teams tried to use him as a big time low post presence and that is not what he is ... he is an off the ball presence.. the back side defensive block or the high post pick and pop for a mid range shot was his game in europe and thats what we can provide so i would not go after gortat... give darko a chance

after lee i would work on 2 things
1. passing playmaking point guard
ideas... young-rubio old-kidd, nash
while kidd and nash are old and not a long term plan they both will be passers that could potentially inflate the value of our players
they will get chandler more dunks and provide a drive and kick game to give gallo more 3's... also with hill who can run and jump with everyone we can get some fast break alley oops
the vets would not be long term but would definately make our young players look more attractive for either trades or incoming FA's

2. look to ship out more expensive contracts... (curry and jeffries)
both of these guys no longer have a spot on this team.. we took douglas to defend guards and hill and darko to defend bigs so jeffries no longer plays
curry does not fit our style of play no matter how much weight he loses
i would try to rekindle talks with wash for a hughes jeffries package centered around young players/expiring contracts/or draft picks coming back

also i would guage offers for curry ...i would check out a nate and curry package to houston for a pick and expiring contracts or for tmac or anything really

if these deals get done we can look at a lineup of

kidd?/nash?/rubio?-duhon
gallo?/tmac?/mike james? -douglas
chandler - gallo
lee -harrington
hill -darko-sene?

outgoing- curry/jeffries/hughes/nate

thats a solid team and with two pass first guards in someone we bring in and duhon i really think gallo can turn into a hedo type player, chandler can be a near 20 pt/gm scorer/ and hill/darko/lee will see much improvement

keep in mind im not thinking kidd is a longterm investment but i think he
would be nice for two yrs at the midlevel similar to a duhon deal and i do think he accepts that

:agreed:

AGREED 100% :peace:

moneyg

Starter
d lee....just to c what he is hearing.... the simple fact is there r not many teams that can offer him a salary startin at 10mil per... and most will hold on until 2010...d.lee is a 2nd tier free agent.. so let c what happens with guys like boozer, turk and gordon....we hold the cards:smokin: