Jason Kidd to NY?

Italian Stallion

Benchwarmer
Personally, I'd prefer we continue accumulating young talent and expiring contracts to use as trading chips than bringing in older players like Kidd to fill in the gaps.

I guess I would feel better about adding Kidd if we had drafted Rubio. Rubio is probably a couple of years away from being a legitimate starting NBA PG. So who better to teach him and fill the gap than the player that Rubio's game is most similar to? That's right, JASON KIDD!

In fact, getting Kidd and trading for Rubio would be so perfect, I think I should start that rumor immediately. :)

Yep, that's the master plan. The Knicks are going to sign Kidd for two years with the MLE and trade for Rubio. Then Kidd is going to mentor Rubio until he's ready to take over and we are ready to dominate the NBA!!!

insanity4289

Benchwarmer
Jason Kidd would never mentor Rubio. He is all about the money and himself right now. I really think at this stage in his career he could care less about an 18 year old.

TheBigCock

Benchwarmer
Personally, I'd prefer we continue accumulating young talent and expiring contracts to use as trading chips than bringing in older players like Kidd to fill in the gaps.

I guess I would feel better about adding Kidd if we had drafted Rubio. Rubio is probably a couple of years away from being a legitimate starting NBA PG. So who better to teach him and fill the gap than the player that Rubio's game is most similar to? That's right, JASON KIDD!

In fact, getting Kidd and trading for Rubio would be so perfect, I think I should start that rumor immediately. :)

Yep, that's the master plan. The Knicks are going to sign Kidd for two years with the MLE and trade for Rubio. Then Kidd is going to mentor Rubio until he's ready to take over and we are ready to dominate the NBA!!!

Completely agree. Kidd will be the perfect mentor for Rubio. The dude can actually pass the ball around. Have Kidd get the majority of the minutes and have Ricky off the bench. Even if we don't get Ricky, Kidd could help Hill. Am I the only dreaming of of alley-opps from Kidd to Hill?

dre48ny

Rotation player
Kidd will have to leave a lot of money on the table to come here. 1 year mid-level is what we can give him.

metrocard

Legend
Honestly.
Kidd to NY would disgrace the franchise.
What ever happen to the passion of fans in Sports?
Jason KIDD?
Thats like Fernando Torres playing for Chelsea
or Derek Jeter on the Red Sox
or Curtis Martin coming out of retirement to play against the Patriots.

Lameness.

We gotta atleast keep our pride.

**** Jason Kidd
and his ugly ass lovechild.

Stay and retire in Dallas.

Kiyaman

Legend
I guess Kidd did not do enough damage on the Nets and Mavs
I do not want to see Kidd or Nash in a Knick uniform

the portable man

Benchwarmer
ewwwwwwwwwww :barf:

kidd is worse than duhonda @ this point

if i wanna see an old guy simply run and make some decent passes, i can go to local gym

wow

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
Metro gets bonus points from me for knowing his soccer! I don't want to see Kidd as a knick, think he can help but still resent his ass, but I would be ok with Nash, no grudge against him. As we speak, Curtis Martin is lacing up his spikes and running sprints... In all honesty, I know this sounds boring but I wouldn't be that mad if all we got was Ramon Sessions and or Gortat, won't vault us to contender status but I sorta don't want a past his prime star ball-hogging (see T-Mac) and taking the game away from young players. Jordan Hill, Toney Douglas, Wilson Chandler and Danilo Gallinari may or may not ever be all-star caliber players but I want them to get solid minutes and at times be focal points in some way and play some crucial minutes to help them develop into the best possible players they can be, even if that means developing into very strong role players to surround a superstar in the near future. I want the vast majority of minutes (unless we land Rubio) to go to Duhon, Douglas, Chandler, Hill, Milicic, and Gallo but of course Al and Hughes will get their minutes and we don't know about Nate and Lee, I love Nate and Lee but can't wait for the next couple of weeks to pass so I can get a better feel for what we look like

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
And, I know this is being a dick, but if I go to my local gym I can see the world famous J-Mac (espy award winner) dribble a ball around asking "Who wants to play with J-Mac" while everyone ignores him

Italian Stallion

Benchwarmer
Honestly.
Kidd to NY would disgrace the franchise.
What ever happen to the passion of fans in Sports?
Jason KIDD?
Thats like Fernando Torres playing for Chelsea
or Derek Jeter on the Red Sox
or Curtis Martin coming out of retirement to play against the Patriots.

Lameness.

We gotta atleast keep our pride.

**** Jason Kidd
and his ugly ass lovechild.

Stay and retire in Dallas.

Bringing Kidd here makes no sense UNLESS we trade for Rubio. Then it makes MASSIVE SENSE. Kidd plays solid PG for a year or two while Rubio is groomed by the man who is own game resembles the most and then take over.

bringing kidd here makes perfect sense, players want to play with him and hes not part of our future, hes part of bringing other guys here for our future. Why do you doe doe heads always get mad when the idea of bringing a player who has lead his teams to the playoffs through out his entire career to our team.

and truthfully.

truthfully.

if we cant find a pg this summer

who is better ?

kidd might not be our best option, but he might be our only one.

if we get kidd and no one else I wont blame donnie. he improved our team if he does..no way is duhon 12 and 7. better than kid still nearing triple doubles every night.

I admit hes old...but duhon played like he was 40 the second half of last year.

kidd on the other hand

35.6 minutes last year
shot 40 pecent from behind the arc while hitting a career high 131 tpm
is just under an 80 percent career ft shooter
and was still top 5 in the league in assists on a team where jason terry and josh howard and dirk all love the ball in their hands, that team wasnt supposed to make the playoffs last yr and still blew by SA in the first round.

If there is any ANY ANY ANY PERSON ON THIS SITE WHO DOES NOT WANT THAT KIND OF PRODUCTION FOR THE

MLEEEEEXCEPTION

you dont care about you team winning basketball games.

Last edited:

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Bringing Kidd here makes no sense UNLESS we trade for Rubio. Then it makes MASSIVE SENSE. Kidd plays solid PG for a year or two while Rubio is groomed by the man who is own game resembles the most and then take over.

QFT! Kidd and Rubio means very happy Knick fans!

QFT! Kidd and Rubio means very happy Knick fans!

co-sign read above post trill.

it makes amazing sense for us to get kidd. veteran , defends, leader, understands how to make players better. perfect for us.
I would not be surprised to see us still get nash when duhons contract is up and have both of them split time at pg.

nyk_nyk

All Star
co-sign read above post trill.

it makes amazing sense for us to get kidd. veteran , defends, leader, understands how to make players better. perfect for us.
I would not be surprised to see us still get nash when duhons contract is up and have both of them split time at pg.

I don't believe Kidd is much of a defender anymore. Especially against these younger quick guards.

He is a great floor leader though, and I wouldn't mind him here for a year. Maybe he could help raise Curry's stock.