Why is Steph still talking about the Knicks? I thought he was "caught up in life"

jimkcchief88

All Star
Hmmmm a lottery team doesn't want Steph? I wonder why no one would want a 32 year old career loser who has had a problem with every coach he played for (flip doesn't want him back either) and who will slam your team and try and prevent them from getting free agents after he leaves because he is bitter? Why wouldn't a team want that?

I have been saying for months that we have seen the last of Steph in an NBA uniform. I was shocked Boston even took a chance on him, and we saw how that turned out. An NBA team will have to be desperate to even think about signing Steph. And will his jughead except a basic contract??? Probably not. So Steph has finally shucked and jived his way out of the league. Next look for the "Outside the Lines" report on how Steph tricked off all his money and is back on the streets of Brooklyn dribbling in between his legs for spare change for the only people that still love him. What a waste!!!!

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I have been saying for months that we have seen the last of Steph in an NBA uniform. I was shocked Boston even took a chance on him, and we saw how that turned out. An NBA team will have to be desperate to even think about signing Steph. And will his jughead except a basic contract??? Probably not. So Steph has finally shucked and jived his way out of the league. Next look for the "Outside the Lines" report on how Steph tricked off all his money and is back on the streets of Brooklyn dribbling in between his legs for spare change for the only people that still love him. What a waste!!!!

http://greenstreet.weei.com/sports/...tics/2009/07/04/report-marbury-to-washington/

"The New York Post has reported the Washington Wizards are the favorite to land Marbury while the Sacramento Kings have also inquired about the veteran guard. Marbury played for Wizards head coach Flip Saunders when Saunders coached the Minnesota Timberwolves."

I'll let the article do the talking.

smokes

Huge Member
So you missed this then:

Wizards Aren't Interested In Marbury

Contrary to reports, the Wizards are not interested in signing free agent guard Stephon Marbury.

Marbury has been linked to Washington. Flip Saunders coached Marbury in Minnesota, but interest in a reunion appears to be solely one-sided.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
So you missed this then:

Wizards Aren't Interested In Marbury

Contrary to reports, the Wizards are not interested in signing free agent guard Stephon Marbury.

Marbury has been linked to Washington. Flip Saunders coached Marbury in Minnesota, but interest in a reunion appears to be solely one-sided.

You missed this: "the Sacramento Kings have also inquired about the veteran guard."

"The 32-year-old said three other teams, which he would not disclose, are currently interested"
http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2009/07/marbury_believe_1.html

Jimkchief may be right. Marbury may have played his final NBA game. However, there are teams that have shown interest in Marbury.

Last edited:

KBlack25

Starter
Stephon is "hearing interest from three other teams he wouldn't name"?

:sniff: :sniff:

I smell a bullshitter.

If my GM took a chance on this guy who has never got along with a head coach (except Rivers for half a year), if my GM took a chance on a guy who, when he leaves a team, disparages them publicly in the media, I would probably lose it.

clumsy

Rotation player
How the **** did Stephon Marbury lose money? His contract expired...He got paid all of it...

Well he significantly impacted his future. Stephon looked pretty good in preseason.....i could have projected 15 pts a game 8 dimes a night. And i'm not even riding his nutsack.

If you don't start playing competitive basketball till more than midway through the season you are going to be rusty and most likely out of playing shape.... No way you can accomadate that layoff....that 1 year hurt his future contract value. He could have at least gotten a MLE.

Say you do stuff in Flash of you are a developer. If you take a 6 month break there is little stuff you forget how to do same concept. I do think Stephon has a right to be salty about the whole knicks thing especially when i don't think he caused it with this regime (tho no one knows what went down behind closed doors)

TunerAddict

Starter
Well he significantly impacted his future. Stephon looked pretty good in preseason.....i could have projected 15 pts a game 8 dimes a night. And i'm not even riding his nutsack.

If you don't start playing competitive basketball till more than midway through the season you are going to be rusty and most likely out of playing shape.... No way you can accomadate that layoff....that 1 year hurt his future contract value. He could have at least gotten a MLE.

Say you do stuff in Flash of you are a developer. If you take a 6 month break there is little stuff you forget how to do same concept. I do think Stephon has a right to be salty about the whole knicks thing especially when i don't think he caused it with this regime (tho no one knows what went down behind closed doors)

Oh, I see what you're saying. You mean he lost FUTURE money. Ah, I feel ya bro.

I guess you could say that is indeed one side of it. But I think if you really are worth the money, you'll go out and prove it however you can.

TunerAddict

Starter
Stephon is "hearing interest from three other teams he wouldn't name"?

:sniff: :sniff:

I smell a bullshitter.

If my GM took a chance on this guy who has never got along with a head coach (except Rivers for half a year), if my GM took a chance on a guy who, when he leaves a team, disparages them publicly in the media, I would probably lose it.

He is hearing interest from 3 other teams...The Phoenix Mercury, the Jonestown Jetts, and the Tokyo Turtles...

KBlack25

Starter

Problem is dude:

He had a duty to mitigate.

Look, if he was REALLY concerned about losing money, let's say $11 million (he signs a 2 yr/11 mil deal it's not that much):

THEN if he sees that he's likely going to lose an estimated $11 million in contract money, it makes fiscal and logical sense to take the buyout at, say $9 million less. You wind up saving $11 million at the end, so for the $9 mil you give UP, you get $11 mil more.

Obviously, because Steph was only willing to take $1 mil off the price before finally caving to $3 mil off, that means he felt he was saving $2 mil or less, or he's a moron.

If he was TRULY concerned about his money loss in the future, he would have just cut his losses at the beginning, offered to buyout for a substantial amount of money less (about what he would gain in a new contract, by his estimate), and left it.

BUT he decided to be a stubborn brat and refuse to take anything less than 1 mil off after not playing and being told to stay away from the team. He could have saved himself money by leaving, signing elsewhere and proving himself.

Unless he knew he had nothing left...

Knixy

Benchwarmer
I don't think we will ever see this turd in the NBA ever again. He's done like Steve Francis. :) Bet we see Cancerbury homeless in 3 years in Coney Island.

clumsy

Rotation player
Problem is dude:

He had a duty to mitigate.

Look, if he was REALLY concerned about losing money, let's say $11 million (he signs a 2 yr/11 mil deal it's not that much):

THEN if he sees that he's likely going to lose an estimated $11 million in contract money, it makes fiscal and logical sense to take the buyout at, say $9 million less. You wind up saving $11 million at the end, so for the $9 mil you give UP, you get $11 mil more.

Obviously, because Steph was only willing to take $1 mil off the price before finally caving to $3 mil off, that means he felt he was saving $2 mil or less, or he's a moron.

If he was TRULY concerned about his money loss in the future, he would have just cut his losses at the beginning, offered to buyout for a substantial amount of money less (about what he would gain in a new contract, by his estimate), and left it.

BUT he decided to be a stubborn brat and refuse to take anything less than 1 mil off after not playing and being told to stay away from the team. He could have saved himself money by leaving, signing elsewhere and proving himself.

Unless he knew he had nothing left...

i guess. but they weren't trying to pay him the full value of his contract. i don't know anyone that would be happy taking less than the full amount of a contractually obligated salary.

Marbury may have had a point about the system but regardless the bigger issue is his attitude.

If you have a mouth like his then you better be able to back it up and he can't.

Guys like him always find that after they have finished blaming everyone else and they are still a loser that there is only one guy left to blame, the same guy who was in every situation, guess who that is SM....
m?