Richard Jefferson said Kidd WILL sign with Knicks: and Ron Ron is a Laker!

New New York

Quiet Storm
http://blogs.nypost.com/sports/backpage/archives/2009/07/knicks_nets_fre.html

He makes it clear that he is just giving his opinion, but, he says he thinks Kidd we be a Knick!

I honestly do not like this at all! Look if we are going to add players who's contract spill into 2010 then why Kidd and not trade some of our expiring contracts, for good players with long term deals?

Make no mistake about it Kidd is one of the top 10 PG's of All Time, if not top 5. But he is 36 and is starting to show it. Now Kidd in this offense should get us in the Playoffs in the East, but then what? If we don't move Curry or Jefferies then Jason Kidd is about as good a player as we will add in the next two years.

This is like Farve coming to The Jets, in theory a good idea, but not in practical terms.

Again this is just RJ's opinion, but I am truly mad that Walsh is really considering this with Curry and Jefferies on the books still.

Oh Yeah, Ron Artest is a Laker now! Looks like Trevor or Lamar will be shopping for a new home soon!

JayJ44

Starter
IMO, we have to do whatever it takes to get in the playoffs next season. No high end free agent will go to a lottery team. Bringing in Jason Kidd, among other moves, will get us to the playoffs.

Obviously Walsh is confident he can move Curry and/or Jeffries. Curry is likely headed to the Rockets. They don't have a lot of other options. Jeffries shouldn't be THAT hard to move. Couple him with Nate to a team like the Kings, should be enough.

mafra

Legend
I saw this on ROTOWORLD:

"Donnie Walsh acknowledged that he can offer more than a one-year contract to potential free agents after a report surfaced stating that he would offer Jason Kidd a three-year deal.

If the Knicks are going to offer Kidd three years, which is what the Mavericks are offering, the chances of him going to New York look much better - even if the offer is for less money. Kidd would love to play for Mike D'Antoni and his kids live in New York. "I have a little leeway which will leave me in good position for next year," Walsh wrote to The Associated Press. "I know what it is but do not talk much about it."

NICE! Now get RUbio so Kidd can groom him.

As for Artest, well, now we know why they're going to let Ariza walk. I feel this is a risky move, given Artest's attitude.

BUT, Kobe-Artest-Gasol-Odom is nasty- even if they still do not have a PG.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
With the artest pick-up, the rich just got richer. Lakers look unstoppable now.

As for kidd, I think it would be a good acquisition for us. We really don't have a true floor general that can lead us to the playoffs. If we bring in a youngster he won't be ready, which will mean another shitty year at the point.

smokes

Huge Member
Haha, I love this move especially after the Ron vs Kobe playoff series (see sig :lol: )

Gotta be some rule about the best team in the NBA getting the best free agent in the NBA :(

LJ4ptplay

Starter
http://blogs.nypost.com/sports/backpage/archives/2009/07/knicks_nets_fre.html

He makes it clear that he is just giving his opinion, but, he says he thinks Kidd we be a Knick!

I honestly do not like this at all! Look if we are going to add players who's contract spill into 2010 then why Kidd and not trade some of our expiring contracts, for good players with long term deals?

Make no mistake about it Kidd is one of the top 10 PG's of All Time, if not top 5. But he is 36 and is starting to show it. Now Kidd in this offense should get us in the Playoffs in the East, but then what? If we don't move Curry or Jefferies then Jason Kidd is about as good a player as we will add in the next two years.

This is like Farve coming to The Jets, in theory a good idea, but not in practical terms.

Again this is just RJ's opinion, but I am truly mad that Walsh is really considering this with Curry and Jefferies on the books still.

Oh Yeah, Ron Artest is a Laker now! Looks like Trevor or Lamar will be shopping for a new home soon!

Agreed. This is foolish. Why sign him before Curry and Jeffries are moved. If we can't move them before the trade deadline and have Kidd signed to a multi-year deal, we're f#@&ed.

We have to look at the big picture here people. Not just get an over-the-hill star to get us to the playoffs next year. What's the point?

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
If the Knicks plan to get a point guard around that age, why WOULDN'T it be Nash?A great leader who is by far the superior shooter.

And even though he's not a point guard, I rather have Iverson than Kidd.Don't get me wrong, Kidd is one of the best point guards, but he's not going to help this team much if he's signed to a multi-year deal.

Blumatic

Rotation player
I think people who are against Kidd coming to NY are really missing the boat. The Knicks could have been a good team, the problem was leadership. We need a players to teach our youngsters how to win. If Kidd does not come here or someone with leadership qualities...We won't make the playoffs and all the 2010 free-agents will still see the Knicks as a sorry rebuilding team instead of a team on the rise.

Now I get the idea of cutting into our cap space for 2010 but cap space won't matter if we still a trash team.

Everyone knows that our best shot for summer 2010 is to get into the playoffs and make some noise. Do you know what that will do to the city and this team to get into the post season and possibly win a couple games.

Hell I would love to have the post-season the Bulls had. That was so exciting.

Its our turn. Get Kidd.....the quest for 2010 start now.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Kidd is a liability on defense. With a new wave of guards, he's gonna make a crap defensive team worse.

Shit trade. No thanks.